Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KISS final 004.JPG
KISS final 001.JPG
#1 10 years ago

can someone give me an idea of what this is worth?
some one I know has one and I havent seen it yet, but I have no idea what to offer him for it.
theres one on ebay for .>4000.00 .that cant be right ,the playfield is beat. thanks Tony

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

can someone give me an idea of what this is worth?
some one I know has one and I havent seen it yet, but I have no idea what to offer him for it.
theres one on ebay for .>4000.00 .that cant be right ,the playfield is beat. thanks Tony

Condition is so key. If the PF is beat up bad, and the rest of the machine is ok, then maybe between 1000-1300. Just sold mine recently for 1600, and It was a decent players machine. Does it play 100% ?

#3 10 years ago

That is way off. Go to bostonpinball.biz and they show avg eBay sales for the last year. A beat up kiss is probably in this market is worth 700-1000 and that might be high. 4k would be minty new condition.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Condition is so key. If the PF is beat up bad, and the rest of the machine is ok, then maybe between 1000-1300. Just sold mine recently for 1600, and It was a decent players machine. Does it play 100% ?

thanks guys I haven't seen it yet but he said it's not working.. thats easier to fix then playfield wear..
I'll see sunday when I go over.

#5 10 years ago

If there is a worn path in the center of the playfield and the battery has leaked killing the MPU, then I'd say it's a $600 game if the cab is nice.

BUT, also look at the displays with a flashlight and see if you see burn marks in the segments - important to look for if the MPU is corroded keeping the displays from coming up.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If there is a worn path in the center of the playfield and the battery has leaked killing the MPU, then I'd say it's a $600 game if the cab is nice.
BUT, also look at the displays with a flashlight and see if you see burn marks in the segments - important to look for if the MPU is corroded keeping the displays from coming up.

thanks Vid good to know, I'll look for those things.

P.S. great how to videos too, I was able to fix my Shadow playfield ware after reading your vid on playfield restoring . thanks
you were right matching that gray was frustrating.. but I got it pretty close .thanks

#7 10 years ago

I'll buy all the kiss machines I can for $1000. There not easy to come by, and highly sought after. I see pieces of crap on cl and ebay going for over $1500. Condition beyond that brings a premium.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

I'll buy all the kiss machines I can for $1000. There not easy to come by, and highly sought after. I see pieces of crap on cl and ebay going for over $1500. Condition beyond that brings a premium.

very true, hard to find and prices seem to be on the rise

#9 10 years ago

thanks guys I'll keep that in mind also

#10 10 years ago

I have never owned a Kiss Machine but I have seen prices all over on those. If you are buying it to play I have heard it isn't very good but people love the band so it normally brings more money than it should. As stated above condition is the key on this machine.

Beat up & not working $500 - decent and not working $1000 - nice & not working $1500 would be my best guess. I think you could get $2500 for a nice one if you are not in a rush to sell it so even if you have to put a new MPU in it you are still good under $1500 if it is nice.

#11 10 years ago

bostonpinball is way off in my opinion on many pins. Average price for TAF and TZ is $3500? Whitewater $2100? These are averages over what period of time? That means for every TAF sold for $4500 (which I would say is typical as I don't see many at all selling for less than this) there is one that sold, on eBay no less, for $2,500! Just about every TAF that I see listed on eBay is for well over $5000. Maybe part sales are included in the bostonpinball averages :> I'd love to know where these machines are selling. I'd rent a storage unit.

That being said, I wouldn't base a selling price on bostonpinball "data".

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from gac:

bostonpinball is way off in my opinion on many pins. Average price for TAF and TZ is $3500? Whitewater $2100? These are averages over what period of time? That means for every TAF sold for $4500 (which I would say is typical as I don't see many at all selling for less than this) there is one that sold, on eBay no less, for $2,500! Just about every TAF that I see listed on eBay is for well over $5000. Maybe part sales are included in the bostonpinball averages :> I'd love to know where these machines are selling. I'd rent a storage unit.
That being said, I wouldn't base a selling price on bostonpinball "data".

I like Boston pinball to get a range of prices. I also use pinpedia, though it has kind of slowed up a bit on updating prices.

#13 10 years ago

I have my kiss out on route and when I bring her home going to do full restore. Average price for playfield wear and faded cabinet will be around $1300 to $1600 all day long. If I can find them for the right price I also would buy them all day long.

#15 10 years ago

Ha! Ha! I saw that.(all day long). Ed

#16 10 years ago

please everyone send me all your $600 non working kiss machines , seriously!!

#17 10 years ago

600.00? I thought is was 750.00 (all day long). Ed

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

600.00? I thought is was 750.00 (all day long). Ed

Yeah, but we have daylight savings time coming up.....

#19 10 years ago

I'll take all of them for a grand!!! The one for sale has no bg. now that $750 machine is $1200

1 week later
#20 10 years ago

I paid $2650 for mine last year. There is some minor playfield wear in a few spots and the cabinet paint is faded. Backglass and all playfield plastics are 9/10 and it works perfectly.

#21 10 years ago

I played a really nice KISS a couple weeks ago. It had a sound board integrated into it playing KISS music and also made different sounds for targets that were hit. It was pretty cool.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I played a really nice KISS a couple weeks ago. It had a sound board integrated into it playing KISS music and also made different sounds for targets that were hit. It was pretty cool.

I want this for my KISS, anyone know how to do this?

#23 10 years ago

You got that right!!!!

#24 10 years ago

I'd even take the 1200$ machine. I've been keeping an eye out for my dad and they're just asking much too much these days.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I'm pretty sure he is bringing it to MGC. You could play and see it there.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11029

#27 10 years ago

KISS fans will pay through the nose for a nice one, or even not so nice. Not the brightest bunch, natch.

Pinball players will pass, it's a pretty lame game playwise. AC/DC it ain't!

#28 10 years ago

Thanks, how hard is this to get up ad running?

#29 10 years ago

You could always to a bunch of time and money and turn it into thisKISS final 001.JPGKISS final 001.JPG

#30 10 years ago

SIIIIIIICCCKKKK!!!!!

#31 10 years ago

Anybody who thinks KISS isn't a nice playing machine simply does not like pre-1980s pinball machines.

It's a great, fast game to play with plenty to shoot for just like most Ballys of the era.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Thanks, how hard is this to get up ad running?

Easy.

load up to 18 sounds and trigger them.

Use 2 boards if you want to have background songs playing without them being interrupted by the sound effects.

You might have a different song play for 2x, 3x, 4x and 5x bonus......

#33 10 years ago

You could always to a bunch of time and money and turn it into this

KISS final 001.JPG 318 KB

What does the side of that cabinet look like? Awesome looking machine!

1 week later
#34 10 years ago

Side of the cabinet looks like thisKISS final 004.JPGKISS final 004.JPGGetting some crap thou because I used the new guys, not all the original members. What is one to do!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.95
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.50
$ 29.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 199.95
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-kiss-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.