• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Non-working but complete with a blown out playfield Kings of Steel. Is $300 still too much, assuming that you are not the type of person who parts machines that can be easily fixed?

#2 7 years ago

Bump.

#3 7 years ago

The max price on this title is usually $700-$800 in nice, working condition. Even then, it's still hard to sell. With a blown out playfield (depending on how bad it actually is), it may be a tough sell at $400-$500.

So, $300 might be a bit high if it's non-working.

#4 7 years ago

It is high. Collectors don't tend to like this one. I have heard it called Kings of Right Flipper because that is all you do.

#5 7 years ago

What forceflow said.

Sell the back glass for $150 and re-theme it.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Sell the back glass for $150 and re-theme it.

That's an awesome Doug Watson backglass there. I picked one up a few years ago just to hang on the wall.

#7 7 years ago

$300 is too much. I sold a fully working one for $350 not that long ago!

#8 7 years ago

$100 is as high as I would go and I don't know if I'd even do that.

#9 7 years ago

If that machine was listed for sale in Los Angeles (on CL for example), there would be 5 buyers fighting to be the first one to pick it up for $300.

#10 7 years ago

Well there's a lot of idiots in California so I'm not surprised. A non working, playfield blown out, ultra low end game shouldn't be 300. To even get it working again you're going to sink more into it than its worth even if it was nice, yet you still have a blown out playfield. Please note, this I'm not implying that you're one of the idiots lol.

#11 7 years ago

As a follow up on this, I did buy it today and brought it home. I lifted the playfield and immediately saw that the F4 5-amp fuse was blown. I replaced that and the game would not start.

During switch test I discovered that the coin door slam tilt was bent closed. Fixed that and now it plays 95 percent. Now all it needs is a shop job and a few switch adjustments.

The rest of the machine is really nice. Back glass is mint, displays are all good, cabinet is very nice. Such a shame about the playfield. I could go for a playfield overlay.

#12 7 years ago

League night happens here tonight and this machine is ready and it will be part of the lineup. It seems that the only major flaw with the original playfield layout is how simple it is to continually shoot for the right standup target.

I made a basic deflection piece that will hopefully add a level of both difficulty (going up) and risk (rolling down) to the shot.

3 months later
#13 7 years ago

I sold this machine over the holidays, but here is a picture for future reference of the deflector that I made. I reshaped a spare clear plastic from another machine and sandwiched it in using the existing long screw and bell caps that secure the plastics. It closes down the width of the lane leading to the right side target shot and it directs balls coming back down more towards a center drain, adding a much bigger risk to the shot.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I sold this machine over the holidays, but here is a picture for future reference of the deflector that I made. I reshaped a spare clear plastic from another machine and sandwiched it in using the existing long screw and bell caps that secure the plastics. It closes down the width of the lane leading to the right side target shot and it directs balls coming back down more towards a center drain, adding a much bigger risk to the shot.

That is an awesome mod for this game! Well done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 10.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 85.00
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 45.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-kings-of-steel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.