(Topic ID: 221146)

Price Check: Keller Restored Monster Bash

By Damonator

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So what's a pristine Keller Monster Bash worth now? I've got mine up for $11k here which I thought was very fair considering what this restore would cost today. I still see some sales around $7k for non-restored games.

Is everything in a holding pattern because of MBr? I would assume some (like me) still prefer an original.

So here's your chance to voice your opinion - let me know what you think it's worth!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Would it cost 11,000 dollars to restore a machine to the better than new condition. YES.
Hours and hours of backbreaking and detailed work requiring real skill.

My guess is that it would cost $6-7k for a donor MB game, then $8-$10k for parts/labor. So IMO this is a crazy bargain...if you are in the market for an original.

Quoted from o-din:

And now that it's summer, many are using their entertainment money for other things.
If you are in no hurry, eventually you may find the right buyer. Dropping it to under $10k might expedite matters.

Good point - I didn’t think about the summer slowdown.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Before AFMr, nice examples were $10k+. Very few want orig MB when MBr will have at the very least the enhanced screen.

If I were in the market for a MM, AFM or MB, there’s no way I would buy a remake. Down the road, post-CGC, the originals will be more valuable - it’s true of anything that’s been remade - cars, action figures, jukeboxes, coke machines, you name it.

Couple that with the fact that the originals are easier to repair the boards on, have more flexibility with lighting (LED or incandescent), sound (Pinsound), effects (Pinduino), etc and it’s a compelling argument to stick with the original.

But in the short term, yes - it’s competing with a cheaper remake. How much cheaper is the big unknown right now I guess.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

The longer you wait to drop the price to sell the more you doom your sale. Once the remake is shipping this will only fetch about 9k-9.5k. That is the reality, if you want it sold then 10k will bring a buyer. My .02
-Mike

Fair enough - $10k it is!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 37.50
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-keller-restored-monster-bash?tu=damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.