Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Bryan_Kelly
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

So what's a pristine Keller Monster Bash worth now? I've got mine up for $11k here which I thought was very fair considering what this restore would cost today. I still see some sales around $7k for non-restored games.

Is everything in a holding pattern because of MBr? I would assume some (like me) still prefer an original.

So here's your chance to voice your opinion - let me know what you think it's worth!

#2 3 months ago

$11,000 is a lot of money to come up with for any box of wires and lights. And now that it's summer, many are using their entertainment money for other things.

If you are in no hurry, eventually you may find the right buyer. Dropping it to under $10k might expedite matters.

#3 3 months ago

MBr is KILLING this title’s value.

#4 3 months ago

What is a pristine Keller Monster Bash worth now?

I think this is a hard question to answer without offending anyone.

The old saying whatever you can get for it is how much its worth. Is pretty much the truth.

Is Monster Bash really worth 11,000 dollars. NO.

Would it cost 11,000 dollars to restore a machine to the better than new condition. YES.
Hours and hours of backbreaking and detailed work requiring real skill.

I think the realistic price to move one of these games fast is 7500 - 8500. For me the
remake is going to win out. Even thought it probably would be better to have original tech.

If you can get 11k from someone the awesome. Maybe someone with a bit of wealth out there
has no qualms about loosing a bit of investment. I don't think these games are going to go up
much in value. Especially with remakes coming out.

UGH. Says someone who has a Very very nice BOP worth much more than I paid or anyone would pay.

#5 3 months ago

Anything HEP will sell at a premium and, IMHO, should sell for well above a NIB MBr

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Would it cost 11,000 dollars to restore a machine to the better than new condition. YES.
Hours and hours of backbreaking and detailed work requiring real skill.

My guess is that it would cost $6-7k for a donor MB game, then $8-$10k for parts/labor. So IMO this is a crazy bargain...if you are in the market for an original.

Quoted from o-din:

And now that it's summer, many are using their entertainment money for other things.
If you are in no hurry, eventually you may find the right buyer. Dropping it to under $10k might expedite matters.

Good point - I didn’t think about the summer slowdown.

#7 3 months ago

Since Greg brought up the remake killing pricing on this game I am curious what happened when the AFM remake came out. Seems like prices have come down on the average to nice games?

#8 3 months ago

Before AFMr, nice examples were $10k+. Very few want orig MB when MBr will have at the very least the enhanced screen.

#9 3 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Before AFMr, nice examples were $10k+. Very few want orig MB when MBr will have at the very least the enhanced screen.

I'm kinda old school and like the originals. Hard to argue the appeal of the newer displays though!

#10 3 months ago

I have AFMr. Love its look and upgrades. The orig still plays better.

#11 3 months ago

This was prob a $12k-$15k pin not too long ago, but in the post-remake era I'm thinking $10k.

For reference there's a HEP TAF that has been sitting at $11k on SF Bay Area CL. I'm thinking that one would move for $10k as well.

#12 3 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

If I were in the market for a MM, AFM or MB, there’s no way I would buy a remake. Down the road, post-CGC, the originals will be more valuable - it’s true of anything that’s been remade - cars, action figures, jukeboxes, coke machines, you name it.

Couple that with the fact that the originals are easier to repair the boards on, have more flexibility with lighting (LED or incandescent), sound (Pinsound), effects (Pinduino), etc and it’s a compelling argument to stick with the original.

But in the short term, yes - it’s competing with a cheaper remake. How much cheaper is the big unknown right now I guess.

#13 3 months ago

What a beautiful game! Amazing collection! I would agree with others, this is bad timing. The problem with the remakes is they are making certain elements better, more modern. Who knows what the MBR will have for new features. Anyway, You don’t seem to be far off on price, I bet it sells at $10k.

#14 3 months ago

9k-10k.

#15 3 months ago

Agree totally with Pinlawyer. Actually , I think the remakes have lowered the entire high end market ( not called TBL of course ). Depending on where you are as a collector that could be could good or bad. I am also in the camp that the originals play different and in my opinion better. That being said a lot of people especially newer collectors like the idea of newer components and the wider screen. Also, with the emergence of the newer expensive games, there is more competition for the hi end dollar sellers.
As far as your question , the only true way is to find out by posting it as a want ad. When the price is right ,your inbox will fill up. The people who will buy remakes most likely will not touch the game until they see value to the cost of the remake. The people who want originals will buy when they think they could break even or so on a re sale. I hate to say this but I think that price is the hi 8K range to low 9 K range.

I just looked at your for sale ad. Maybe I should have looked at it before I commented. I was thinking a Keller restore with original DMD and stainless hardware. With your color DMD and chrome , I would raise my guess. Say those options are worth 2K , I would raise my guess price to hi 9k to mid 10K. GLWTS.

#16 3 months ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Since Greg brought up the remake killing pricing on this game I am curious what happened when the AFM remake came out. Seems like prices have come down on the average to nice games?

As a collector who was looking for a TZ, MB, AFM from 2005 and on I got squashed by the beater price increases. Just got stupid greedy. Gave up on those titles and moved onto nib Sterns and JJP.

Between more choices now and remakes, original market is not appealing to consumers like me and although high end restored is valuable, prices need to keep in line with demand.

Pinball passion is a fickle mistress.

#17 3 months ago

Unfortunately I do not see price increases for High End games with reproductions in route. Hopefully we have seen the end of this crazy market.

I have seen some pretty crazy things in the last two years with prices on these games. I don't think that will continue. When someone tries to
sell a Whirlwind for 5600 dollars I know people have no clue what these game are worth anymore.

I don't diminish the work that goes into these machines though. Though I have seen plenty of high end pins sitting, waiting for that special someone.

#18 3 months ago

The longer you wait to drop the price to sell the more you doom your sale. Once the remake is shipping this will only fetch about 9k-9.5k. That is the reality, if you want it sold then 10k will bring a buyer. My .02
-Mike

#19 3 months ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

The longer you wait to drop the price to sell the more you doom your sale. Once the remake is shipping this will only fetch about 9k-9.5k. That is the reality, if you want it sold then 10k will bring a buyer. My .02
-Mike

Fair enough - $10k it is!

#20 3 months ago

Don't be fooled.... there are people out there that will pay 10k and more for a professionally restored original MB. These guys are high end collectors and they could care a less about remakes or values that appear to be dropping on the originals because of the remakes. They doubt the long term collectability of the remade games. In order to reach these people you have to be patient.

#21 3 months ago

I agree the demand is there, but those who want one are acutely aware of the hit the title's value has taken and will wait you out. I had to sell mine cut-rate, though I also learned a thing or two about restorations that LOOK high-end, but aren't. My MB basically fell apart when shipped to its buyer, and I had to refund a significant sum of $ to make it right.

#22 3 months ago

Man that sucks. I hope to never have to ship a machine

#23 3 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I agree the demand is there, but those who want one are acutely aware of the hit the title's value has taken and will wait you out. I had to sell mine cut-rate, though I also learned a thing or two about restorations that LOOK high-end, but aren't. My MB basically fell apart when shipped to its buyer, and I had to refund a significant sum of $ to make it right.

Was the MB poorly restored?
Who shipped it? I had STI trash (split) the cabinet on my WH2O. They shipped legs on and WAY over tightened it to the side of the truck. Unrepairable. Needs a new cabinet and rails.

#24 3 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Don't be fooled.... there are people out there that will pay 10k and more for a professionally restored original MB. These guys are high end collectors and they could care a less about remakes or values that appear to be dropping on the originals because of the remakes. They doubt the long term collectability of the remade games. In order to reach these people you have to be patient.

I agree with everything you say, however, MB has been around so long and so many have been restored, I feel most high end collectors have experienced this game already.

MB was the most restored game for me, in the past. I did close to 20 of them. This was before the announcement of remakes. What was that...4 years ago?

Since then....I've done 0.

#25 3 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I agree with everything you say, however, MB has been around so long and so many have been restored, I feel most high end collectors have experienced this game already.
MB was the most restored game for me, in the past. I did close to 20 of them. This was before the announcement of remakes. What was that...4 years ago?
Since then....I've done 0.

Bryan,

That is an interesting fact on zero MB requests since the remake announcement. Would that be the same for all the non license pins that were or potentially could be remade ( MM, AFM, CC, BBB, etc.)?

#26 3 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Bryan,
Would that be the same for all the non license pins that were or potentially could be remade ( MM, AFM, CC, BBB, etc.)?

Without a doubt.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Boards
PinSound
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 14.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
€ 40.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Electronics
Ewe22 Security PIC Chips
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside