Price check - Junk Yard

By Pinball-Pat

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi guys, I'm just getting a feeling for what machines are worth. What is a fair price on a nice junkyard machine? 2500?

#2 9 years ago

I sold mine for $2,600 3 years ago. You are in the ball park.

#3 9 years ago

$2500 to $3000 seems to be the going price.

#4 9 years ago

Buy now b4 pinball arcade releases it in a week

#5 9 years ago

Thanks guys. There is one listed on kijiji as huo. I know it's always hard to tell if if actually is or not. Listed at 3000. I thought amtouch high but depending on condition maybe not...

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Does this seem to effect values? Hmm...

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

What does a Pinball Arcade release mean? That interest in the title will go up? I guess that's possible, I never considered it meaning all that much though.

There was a nice on on CL here at $2800 a couple days ago that vanished instantly, and pins have been sitting here for a while before selling as of late, so must have been a good price.

#8 9 years ago

I sold a really nice one with a clear coated playfield in a perfect cabinet recently for 3950

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What does a Pinball Arcade release mean? That interest in the title will go up? I guess that's possible, I never considered it meaning all that much though.

It only takes a few new people looking for a title to make it hard to find. If he's thinking of buying one, don't you think he'd be better off now than in a week when a couple 1000 or so people decide they like the game? I'm not saying they'll all have the means or desire to buy one nor am I predicting any huge demand increase but how many of these do you see for sale?

I want one, btw. Hook me up.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It only takes a few new people looking for a title to make it hard to find. If he's thinking of buying one, don't you think he'd be better off now than in a week when a couple 1000 or so people decide they like the game?

I'd be VERY willing to bet that's why certain B-listers have started approaching the A-List the last year or so.

#11 9 years ago

If you can find one for 2500 jump on it. I think 2800-3200 is more common and demand may be going up a bit. If a JY at 2800 can disappear from Craigslist quick like Aurich said then you know there is a good demand for them. I know someone else here in MI looking for one but I won't sell mine.

On another note ... if you do get one you have to get the Laseriffic JY topper. I honestly think it's one of their best looking toppers by far!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It is a turd of a game, so no need to ever buy.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Junkyard is a game I really want to like, because it looks fun, but yeah...

#14 9 years ago

Here in the land of high priced pins one was up on CL for $3500.00 recently.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you must be looking for one, eh? It does have a toilet on the playfield so you aren't too far off...

I know someone must like it. It's ranked #66. I know my wife and kids both love the game but i don't know how long that would last in a home environment.

I personally don't like all the video modes but my wife and kids like shooting toast at the dog. The afm vid mode is cool, though.

#16 9 years ago

JY seems to have a very stable average price of $2,800 for a long time. It's a fun game, it might get old but so do a lot of them.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

so you must be looking for one, eh? It does have a toilet on the playfield so you aren't too far off...
I know someone must like it. It's ranked #66. I know my wife and kids both love the game but i don't know how long that would last in a home environment.
I personally don't like all the video modes but my wife and kids like shooting toast at the dog. The afm vid mode is cool, though.

Nope, 1 game i would not even buy if i you could guarantee i could own it for a month and sell for the same price with no risk. It is seriously the worst B/W dmd title imho.

#18 9 years ago

Nothing wrong with getting an idea on price, but don't forget to factor in your in AB and the game you want is in Calgary. Everything costs more there/here. No its not my JY, but getting opinion form those in the lower 48 states would give you a starting point for price but that's all.

#19 9 years ago

$2500 is a good price...I personally love the pin - my wife/kids like it best - its very approachable and easy to play...nothing wrong with that...for me - the fact that it's 'unfinished' or whatever you want to call it adds to the nonsensical charm it has for me...

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah not much to do on it really. plus scoring is screwed up....

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

yeah not much to do on it really. plus scoring is screwed up....

I'm confused by this comment every time it comes up. How is the scoring screwed up? I've read that the sewer can be hit repeatedly for video modes, but I've never seen sewer shots award video modes (or any real points) at all. If there is a scoring loop hole, I've never seen it explained properly. The high scores, at least here on Pinside, seem to reflect a fairly tight grouping of what a good game is.

#22 9 years ago

double post, opps.

#23 9 years ago

Just sold one at Allentown for $2550. unshopped working with one switch error an one bad opto.

#24 9 years ago

love this game, hopefully be my next pick up... good luck with your search....

#25 9 years ago

I owned this game for a few months and it really got old quick. It may do better in a larger collection though. My wife and kids liked it as well just like davewth's, but I ended up selling it for 2800 two years ago. It was in stellar condition all the way around. 2500 is a really good price if you can find one for that.
Good luck!

#26 9 years ago

I've played JY a few times but it didn't tickle my fancy. My girlfriend however seems to love it, along with LOTR, WH2O, and W?D.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I'm confused by this comment every time it comes up. How is the scoring screwed up? I've read that the sewer can be hit repeatedly for video modes, but I've never seen sewer shots award video modes (or any real points) at all. If there is a scoring loop hole, I've never seen it explained properly. The high scores, at least here on Pinside, seem to reflect a fairly tight grouping of what a good game is.

Basically shoot bus ramp, collect junk. Shoot video mode, collect junk. Bus ramp is faster though. Forget how to light collect junk there, may just be spamming that ramp.

#28 9 years ago

JY is a great game, definitely one of my personal favorites. 2500-3000 is going rate I'd say. See if the wrecking ball is intact and the surrounding plastics aren't cracked and missing. Also wear on the sewer hole is common.

I've heard that if you have a certain game rom the scoring can be off but if it bothers you you can just get the latest production rom which gets rid of that high scoring mode.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Basically shoot bus ramp, collect junk. Shoot video mode, collect junk. Bus ramp is faster though. Forget how to light collect junk there, may just be spamming that ramp.

Isn't that just the game though? From the comments I've read over time it was implied there was a broken aspect to the scoring (like Spinner Millions in JM, for example). I guess you can keep shooting the super skill shot, but the most times I've hit it in a row is about 8, which isn't much more than 10 million or so.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Which isn't any less complicated than some games that are very popular.

#31 9 years ago

So I guess TS is a $hit game bc all you should do is shoot loops all day, right?

#32 9 years ago

Ha, I dunno. I just want to know if there's a true scoring anomaly so I can be sure to rape it next time I play. Just haven't heard it explained anywhere.

#33 9 years ago

I have one for sale. Tulsa Oklahoma 2750.00 leds very nice pf and Cab

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There was a nice on on CL here at $2800 a couple days ago that vanished instantly, and pins have been sitting here for a while before selling as of late, so must have been a good price.

The market on pins I think is kind of messed up and very region. Shipping a pin cost so much that it creates regional scarcity. People pay too much because they want a pin very badly and are unwilling to wait, which can be awhile if you are looking for a specific pin. I also think a lot of first time buyers have no idea of what the market is like and only have ebay as reference. I think a lot of those pins on ebay that are at ridiculous prices are driving the market even if they don't sell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-junk-yard-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.