Player_2_card_holder_B.JPG
Player_1_card_holder_B.JPG
Squared_leg_ends_A.JPG
Playfield_A.JPG
joust.jpg
Joust_2.jpg
Joust_1.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I may have an opportunity to pickup a Joust Pinball, I don't know the condition yet but here's what I have for information.

The game was working and was moved to a different location in a building and now doesn't power on.

I'm just curious what the range is for this game, I'm almost sure that it's not in great shape.

Thanks for any help in advance

#2 12 years ago

Book value is $2950.00.Last years book value was $2175.Don't know why the increase,maybe cause there were only 402 made.I have never played or seen this game.

#3 12 years ago

i have play this game it is very unique as you can tell just by looking at one. very fast very fun. as stated there were only 402 made who knows how many are still playable. cost and value are two different things in my opinion. of course you dont want to pay more than it is worth but if it did gain that much value from last year to this do the math. but in the end i think it all comes down to how bad you want it and risk v.s. reward. i would love to get a hold of one. i think fair is atleast a bit less than last years since it may take some work. i would try to offer in the 1400-1700 range and see what happens but thats just me. depending on the shape. goodluck if you decide to persue it.

#4 12 years ago

Thanks for the info!

I'll keep you posted on the outcome

#5 12 years ago

Find out which Joust, as there were two machines. First picture is the machine C82 is refering to, second is made by Bally with 1050 made, book value of $400.

Joust_1.jpgJoust_1.jpg Joust_2.jpgJoust_2.jpg

#6 12 years ago

Yeah big difference

#7 12 years ago

i had no idea there was two. major difference!

#8 12 years ago

I'm curious which one it was.

#9 12 years ago

I've never played any of the head-to-head pins, but I would really like to some day.

#10 12 years ago

me too! the dual one is awesome!

#11 12 years ago

OK, I still have no information yet!

Hopefully I'll be able to take a look at it this weekend

1 month later
#12 12 years ago

This ended up being the Bally one

However, I was able to fix it and play a few games

#13 12 years ago

I owned the Williams Joust, an interesting and fun pin to play - wish I never sold it.....

#14 12 years ago

There is a Williams model at PAPA.

#15 12 years ago

Cool EM B9,
if you get a chance drop a few photos - love to see it

1 year later
#16 11 years ago

I played an Alvin G Soccer in Sao Paulo Brazil a few weeks ago and have been looking to buy any of the head to head pins. They are a lot of fun. Never seen a Joust but have been wanting to buy for a while. Anyone know where I could find one?

#17 11 years ago

Still looking for Williams/Bally Joust for 5 years now =-/

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've never played any of the head-to-head pins, but I would really like to some day.

I'm hoping to take mine (Williams) to The Pinball Expo in Chicago in Oct. this year! Still have not decided for sure...gotta start getting them ready here soon...it is coming up soon!

Phoebe

#19 11 years ago

Phoebe...would you ever consider selling your Williams...would be willing to pay top dollar. My email is [email protected] if you want to message me.

#20 11 years ago

Picked mine up last year, wasn't cheap but it was reasonable and local enough. Picture was a few days after getting it home and making the "working game" as it was sold to me actually work. Fun game if you have to people to play against that understand the rules, terrible as a single player. I'd be hard pressed to ever let it go even though it rarely gets played.

joust.jpgjoust.jpg

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I'm hoping to take mine (Williams) to The Pinball Expo in Chicago in Oct. this year! Still have not decided for sure...gotta start getting them ready here soon...it is coming up soon!
Phoebe

Id love to try, I will be there this year looking for this one!

#22 11 years ago

I've been looking at the Joust pics, mine seems to be one of the very few that match the flyer. It has blue/red on the card holder instead of black/red. Also, the T-moulding on the legs are squared off on mine towards the ends and not rounded. It may be part of a test run. Anyone know why the changes were made? Or how many were made of the blue/red ones in the flyer? I'm thinking not many were made since I've never seen another like mine. I submited pics to the database years ago of the differences but Jay never put them in.

Playfield_A.JPGPlayfield_A.JPG Squared_leg_ends_A.JPGSquared_leg_ends_A.JPG

#23 11 years ago

I totally forgot about this thread

For anyone interested the original deal was for the Bally and it never happened

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

mine seems to be one of the very few that match the flyer. It has blue/red on the card holder instead of black/red

wow! the blue and red actually adds a bit of flare and looks nicer than the black and red. I've owned 3 williams jousts at one point (sold 2 of them) and all had the black/red plastics as well as the rounded t-molding on the legs.

and while mine is really, really nice shape, I'm looking forward to CPR getting the repro playfields on the docket (hopefully with repro plastics too!) jim smith did a fantastic job re-creating the artwork for the playfield, so I've got really high hopes that even if kevin makes this a really small number boutique run, it may bring a few more [broken] machines back to life that are currently sitting idle and unplayable.

blownfuse:
can you provide a few more [hires] photos of your apron plastics? as well as the ones for end cap of the cabinet and one player - two player start buttons?

edit:
btw, the last machine that I sold, went for $4200 and that was about 4 years ago. the machine was pretty fine cosmetically, and played great. about the only thing that I needed to work on (but didn't get around to it prior to selling it) was to replace the connectors for both the MPU and the driver boards due to the inheirent issues with william's design of the system 7 boards (how they mate together)

#25 11 years ago

@Marc well if you ever do decide to make room for another pin let me know. It's such a cool looking pin and would give you a good fair price for it.

#26 11 years ago

Here you go, sorry it took so long.

blownfuse: can you provide a few more [hires] photos of your apron plastics? as well as the ones for end cap of the cabinet and one player - two player start buttons?

Player_1_card_holder_B.JPGPlayer_1_card_holder_B.JPG Player_2_card_holder_B.JPGPlayer_2_card_holder_B.JPG Player_1_power_off.jpgPlayer_1_power_off.jpg Player_2_power_off.jpgPlayer_2_power_off.jpg Coin_door.JPGCoin_door.JPG Coin_door_plastic.jpgCoin_door_plastic.jpg

#27 11 years ago

Last one

Cabined_end_art.JPGCabined_end_art.JPG

#28 11 years ago

Drool.

Dam it I have wanted this pin for way to long who is interested in letting it go.

To a good home =-)

#29 11 years ago

I would sell mine but I'm not through with it yet (probably won't be for a long time). As a matter of fact, family is dropping in today and we'll be playing it again.

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Drool.
Dam it I have wanted this pin for way to long who is interested in letting it go.
To a good home =-)

#30 11 years ago

I sold mine for $2800 earlier this year. It needed new laminate on the cabinet but the game worked 100% (well maybe 99% as I think the drop targets acted up again after shipping) and I had touched up and clear coated the pf.
I asked too little... within 5 minutes of posting I had 6 people say they would take it.
The new owner got the laminate done for only $300 and brought it to PATZ.

What is the serial number on the blue one? only 2 with the blue aprons are listed on the serial number database. XP0222 and XP0228. I think that probably means that there are at least 7 of them.

#31 11 years ago

I can almost make out the serial number in the bottom left corner of the last picture. looks like it ends in a 23

#32 11 years ago

blownfuse:
thanks for the photos. very odd that williams chose to do only the aprons in blue and everything else was black

(of course the end marquees would have needed to be styled different otherwise the blue knight would have blended into the background)

#33 11 years ago

Very good! XPO223

Quoted from kbliznick:

I can almost make out the serial number in the bottom left corner of the last picture. looks like it ends in a 23

#34 11 years ago

You're welcome, any other pics you need?

Quoted from j_m_:

blownfuse:
thanks for the photos. very odd that williams chose to do only the aprons in blue and everything else was black
(of course the end marquees would have needed to be styled different otherwise the blue knight would have blended into the background)

#35 11 years ago

@kbliz I would have paid almost twice that for it...that's a bummer....well if anyone ever wants to sell their Joust I will pay cash....I may also be willing to part with a MM soon...I will keep you posted. If you see any of the Alvin G's I will buy those as well.

4 months later
#36 11 years ago

A Williams Joust just went up for sale on Austin, TX craigslist. Asking $1.7K. Condition unknown.

#37 11 years ago

i'd buy one if it's somewhat close to me as well. It's fun for 2 people. Terrible for 1. And it's a PIA to find a place to put it, since it has to be open on both ends. Have to have just the right spot for it. Btw, i'm in process of restoring a playfield for Williams joust that I will be putting up for auction when it's done, or sale if someone wants it before it's finished. Last time I had one of these I restored, it went for $2800. And this playfield is in better shape starting than the other one was. most of them are trashed.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Btw, i'm in process of restoring a playfield for Williams joust that I will be putting up for auction when it's done

Not so fast my friend !!!!

Quoted from kbliznick:

I sold mine for $2800 earlier this year. It needed new laminate on the cabinet but the game worked 100% (well maybe 99% as I think the drop targets acted up again after shipping) and I had touched up and clear coated the pf.
I asked too little... within 5 minutes of posting I had 6 people say they would take it.
The new owner got the laminate done for only $300 and brought it to PATZ.

Kris, you hooked me up but It did go to one of the best homes possible . Had the Cabinet redone, and I have to get back with JM and Jim Smith about finalizing the recreated plastics.... and then finally will probably attack the playfield. It ended up being a crazy 2012 and had to put my pinball projects on the backburner.
Here are the before and after pics so far.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/detroitpinball/sets/72157629425227071/

It wasnt PATZ but MPE that I took it too. It had lines non stop to play it, and I have a page full of names of people that were offering $5000++ to buy it. Dont worry, I am not interested in selling.
Very very rare game, I would imagine that there are far less than 200 still around.

Scott
Detroit Pinball

#40 11 years ago

scott, I'm just a phone call away (but if I recall, you didn't return my last 2 msgs that I left you

1 week later
#41 11 years ago

Really cool game, never had opportunity to play it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-joust-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.