Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by stashyboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I picked up a Gottlieb Jacks Open a few weeks ago and was hoping to hear what it might be worth:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/107#post-2846567

There's not a lot of info out there on what price this might go for. Any ideas? Thanks for your $.02

#2 4 years ago

1500-2500?

#3 4 years ago

I sold mine for $750. I guess I gave it away, huh?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I picked up a Gottlieb Jacks Open a few weeks ago and was hoping to hear what it might be worth:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/107#post-2846567
There's not a lot of info out there on what price this might go for. Any ideas? Thanks for your $.02

Depends on condition and your local market - most pretty nice ones I've seen sold for around 1200 in the NJ/PA vicinity. Would have to be exceptional to get above $1500 but ymmv.

#5 4 years ago

For what it's worth, one just came up for auction here in so cal. Backglass, about a 8.5-9, playfield about an 8 ( pretty deep ball track on the arch), cabinet about an 8 or 9. $1100 plus 23%.

Played okay but needed some fine tuning.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I sold mine for $750. I guess I gave it away, huh?

Unless it was rough, yes, you did!

#7 4 years ago

I know this doesn't help you with price, but did you see the video Todd Tuckey just made about Jacks To Open?

#8 4 years ago

I've got one in good condition(great glass and playfield) I may try and sell for $1400-1500...your cabinet looks good, some paint loss on head and your glass may have some flaking(can't tell in pics). I'd guess 1000-1200?

#9 4 years ago

That is really cool, I hadn't seen that. He really gets deep into the details of that machine. Interesting to see the exact same layout as the original Jacks Open.

#10 4 years ago

I like the game. The opening to the outlanes burn me too many times trying to catch the ball. But why so much?

#11 4 years ago

Yes, pretty minor flaking on the backglass, mostly around the wording. Some flaking on the head and some minor scratches on the cabinet but good playfield and new plastics.

#12 4 years ago

Great Game!!! One of my favorite and best card themed wedges ever.

#13 4 years ago

I am so addicted. Amazing how hard it can be but still keeps bringing you back for one more game.

#14 4 years ago

Great game. I paid $1200 for mine restored and working (nice original pf, bg, cab.) 13 years ago - still here. One of Gottliebs best poker-themed games ever made and it's a wedgehead.

#15 4 years ago

It's good to hear that you've held onto it so long. I see the appeal of this machine over the long haul, as it's very satisfying to knock down those targets to complete the hands.

#16 4 years ago

I have restored/owned both Lucky Hand and Jacks Open. They are both great in their own way. Lucky Hand turned out to be a bit easier to keep a game going with the upper lanes awarding extra ball when set up. JO can be brutal, or if you can progress early in your game towards lighting the special can be quite rewarding. A keeper game for sure, wish I still had mine! Restored examples can fetch close to $2k, rough, in the wild can be had for $6-700.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
650 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Exton, PA
$ 170.96
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 132.00
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 263.55
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside