Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cosmokramer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fail.jpg
Kittylick.gif
002.JPG
003.JPG
IM_Classic.jpg
iron_wars-fixed.jpg
Kitty_laugh_at_you.jpg
facepalm.gif
im.JPG
iron_wars.jpg
image.jpg
4-2013_029.JPG
4-2013_042.JPG
4-2013_036.JPG

There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

#2 6 years ago

$1600

#3 6 years ago

Ummm thanks for your thoughts-Can I stick a needle in my eye now-or later?

-Now for serious people-thanks

#4 6 years ago

I would say the 3k range....with non-modded pros in the high 4k range and up, the classic would be at least 1k less

#5 6 years ago

Both!
Last one that I recall selling on Pinside was $1600, but granted the Pro has gone up since then, so assume some proportional valuation.

#6 6 years ago

And spend a few bucks to replace the coin door...even if its only for looks, no one who is a non-pin collector will ever know.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

And spend a few bucks to replace the coin door...even if its only for looks, no one who is a non-pin collector will ever know.

LOL-Newbie-Iron Man For Sale

#8 6 years ago

I saw one for $1600 last year (it might have been $1800, but spidey planted $1600 in my head).

#9 6 years ago

Guys like real estate-it does not matter what one sold for over a year ago-what do you think it is worth today in today's market. Iron Man is hot right now and getting hotter. It does not have magnets, coin-acceptor, slide rails are different-other than that-not much difference & plays fantastic. So if Iron Man's have been fetching $4800-$7000 then what is true value of Classic? Thanks all

#10 6 years ago

It's hard to say because almost no one has played it. I believe it's missing the monger magnet, the whiplash magnet, and the war machine kicker. Also the cab is pressed board and has decals vs screened art. But the inserts are led's like the new LE's. So, hard to say how much fun is toned down based on features. Maybe 2-2.5k? Once you get into the 3's you compete with newer Pro models.

#11 6 years ago

I'm taking a wild guess here but it might not be worth as much as you think it is. This version is not in high demand. Not even low demand IMO. It will be very hard to put an accurate value on this since not many sold NIB back then and thus fewer are selling used now. Sorry. If I had an offer to buy it for $3000 I would take it.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Once you get into the 3's you compete with newer Pro models.

Find me an Iron Man below $5000 and I will pay you a finders fee-LOL

#13 6 years ago

Hooked is looking for one, FYI.

#14 6 years ago

Boston price guide shows 8 of the real ones sold at an average of $4029, it does not show any of the classics having been sold.

Without any sales to comp other than the $1600 from last year, the "true value" of your classic is whatever you can get for it.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Find me an Iron Man below $5000 and I will pay you a finders fee-LOL

Sorry, I meant newer Pro models from Stern, not IM.

#17 6 years ago

If you didn't want to know people's opinion of the value of it, then why ask in the first place? Just say "Well, okay.", shut up, move on, and either list it or don't. This just reeks of trying to flip a game. If you just got it, you already made the purchase, bad or good, and it doesn't matter to us what you paid for it. If you're trying to get a price to sell it...you already know what YOU have to sell it for to make any money on it, and you're just wasting everyone's time by playing this game then acting all offended when the answer doesn't match what you want to hear.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It does not have magnets, coin-acceptor, slide rails are different-other than that-not much difference & plays fantastic. So if Iron Man's have been fetching $4800-$7000 then what is true value of Classic?

I would think you'd have to price it accordingly since its a stock "classic". It's definitely not going to fetch the $$$ "Pro's" command. The ones selling for that were completely pimped out also.

#19 6 years ago

IM classic is a great game, I own one ( i have a skin in the game so to speak....) and would be happy to pay between 2-3k for one. at this point regular IM's seem to be hovering at 4-5k depending on modding. definitely not all about the "retail" price that the classico started with i think like 3999.00 or something. Fun pin and aside from maintenence being a pita and cheapo cabinet, the missing stuff from the playfield isn't really a big deal (to me anyway) keep it set hard with a tight tilt and its a hell of an exciting game. first stern game with leds included lol

#20 6 years ago

Yes I am flipping a game-who cares? When someone throws a $1600 number it is not a well thought out number-yes one may of sold for that year's ago-like a MM for $3000-Now I am honestly looking for what people think it is truly worth-did not mean to come off as questioning. I appreciate anyone's input. Frax-do you have an idea of what it is worth-or just talking as usual.

#21 6 years ago

I'm the guy who bought it for $1650 in November.

The Game was up for sale over a month asking $2000 and had not a single serious offer on it.

I got it with the box, seller played it 20 times and said he never got into it.

I can't tell you what it's worth, but certainly not over $1600, if it does not have the box, manuals and be in totally flawless condition.

#22 6 years ago

Put a price on it already. Several have offered their oppinion. If you don't like it post it for $4K OBO and see what happens. I have no issue with flippers but iIf you are flipping pins I don't see what is so hard with doing basic math:

I bought for "X"
I want "Y" profit margin so i multiply X by Y and it equals my price. Then you do the retail thing and add a couple of hundred to that figure so you can work down. If it sells great if not then you take a loss.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as rude but seriously, you asked for an oppinion and you got several and are arguing with the ones you don't agree with. The pin it WORTH $1600 to spidey and is worth $3K to Max. I say $2-$2.5K so you better hope soeone that shares Max's value is the one with cash. It's not a turd but it's missing some key things that make IM fun.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes I am flipping a game-who cares? When someone throws a $1600 number it is not a well thought out number-yes one may of sold for that year's ago-like a MM for $3000-Now I am honestly looking for what people think it is truly worth-did not mean to come off as questioning. I appreciate anyone's input. Frax-do you have an idea of what it is worth-or just talking as usual.

If I tell you what you want to hear will you stop asking everyone to rethink their answer to your same question over and over again?

If so, here it is. Take my word for it against every single other poster on the thread. That item there? It's $3500-$4000 all day long. Not a penny less.

#24 6 years ago

Ok I am just throwing it out there-here comes the assaults-Ahhhhhhhhh

I think its worth $4200-So I guess with this post-only being posted for an hour and guys wanting me to come up with value already-here you go(;

#25 6 years ago

dude the game's so RARE......gotta be 4-5k lol

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

dude the game's so RARE

True I heard maybe a dozen made-I originally thought 50

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ok I am just throwing it out there-here comes the assaults-Ahhhhhhhhh
I think its worth $4200-So I guess with this post-only being posted for an hour and guys wanting me to come up with value already-here you go(;

No one's going to assault you.

This can all stay polite.

Change the title of the tread to "FS: Iron Man Classic ", post some clean pictures of any flaws, and it will sell for EXACTLY what it is worth.

GLWTS

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Change the title of the tread to "FS: Iron Man Classic ", post some clean pictures of any flaws, and it will sell for EXACTLY what it is worth.

But where is the fun in that-this is better than Days Of Our Lives-LOL

#29 6 years ago

I personally might not even pay $1600 for one of those: no monger magnet, no whiplash magnet, no war machine kicker, no flashers, missing figurines, flat plate coindoor without mechs, cabinet art not good, free play only with code locked at rev(?), MDF cabinet...probably more. Weak.

#30 6 years ago

Can it just be highest bidder wins it in this thread? Visible bids, this could get interesting!

I would personally value this game around 3k give/take but it is indeed a rare version. who knows?

#32 6 years ago

Sure. He can start the thread with FA and post it on Ebay.

Quoted from centerflank:

Can it just be highest bidder wins it in this thread? Visible bids, this could get interesting!

#33 6 years ago

I wouldn't buy it, even at 1000, it's a Stern fail IMO...

So it's worth 999..

#34 6 years ago

To me, the magnets are not that important, so paying 3k compared to high 4k+ seems to make sense. It still has the DMD and same playfield layout....I would swap out that coin door (I hate the non slot look) and enjoy my cheap IM...game is awesome no matter what version someone has.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I wouldn't buy it, even at 1000, it's a piece of junk and a Stern fail IMO...

So it's worth 999 IMO..

Hearing comments like this disappoints me. I own a brand new pro Iron Man and this machine is second to none. The playfield actually looks better and brighter and has full LED's.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

To me, the magnets are not that important, so paying 3k compared to high 4k+ seems to make sense. It still has the DMD and same playfield layout....I would swap out that coin door (I hate the non slot look) and enjoy my cheap IM...game is awesome no matter what version someone has.

Let me re-iterate: no monger magnet, no whiplash magnet, no war machine kicker, no flashers, missing figurines, flat plate coindoor without mechs, cabinet art not good, free play only with code locked at rev(?), MDF cabinet...probably more. Weak.

To me the 2 magnets, war machine kicker, and flashers are 60% of the playing experience, yes, 60%. So if a standard IM is worth 5K, this one drops to 2K in my mind. Then throw in the other features that were stripped/cheapened and you are at $1500 minimum. Again, just my opinion but playing a classic IM is no where near the same experience as playing a standard one.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hearing comments like this disappoints me. I own a brand new pro Iron Man and this machine is second to none. The playfield actually looks better and brighter and has full LED's.

I would love a pro, would never by a classic...ever..

Ironman is one of my fave games, don't get me wrong..

Go read threads about what pinheads have to say about the "classic" version, I am not the only one, it is universally hated..

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

It's hard to say because almost no one has played it.

I've played it. It blows. You can't take an already simple game and take out the few things that made it fun. NO KICKBACK! NO MAGNETS! I'm guessing you probably can't but a shaker in it. It's all LED from the factory, so some Pinsider might like it lol (I keeed, I'm on the LED train now too ) ...but yeah, I can't imagine anyone spending over $2k on this game - if anything because you'd be thinking to yourself "This 2k could go toward something SO much better"

#39 6 years ago

opinions are like a**holes-everyone has one-It plays good to me-but what do I know

#40 6 years ago

Where's Collin? We may get another hair eating bet going on here.

Seems similar to the DESW post, OP doesn't want to accept the pointers some of the posters are giving him.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

OP doesn't want to accept the pointers some of the posters are giving him.

TigerLaw25-You are one of my favorite posters-I can take criticism-but some of these comments I feel are out of line and just plain insulting. Mabye-Ebay is the way to go?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Mabye-Ebay is the way to go?

Screw Ebay, make your own auction right here in this thread!!!! I really want to see this happen

edit-maybe start a new thread, only replies can be bids, no foolish input, bid raises have to be 50 minimum.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

opinions are like a**holes-everyone has one-It plays good to me-but what do I know

You asked for opinions, so.... *FART*

#44 6 years ago

Mine sold for $1500 last year.

#45 6 years ago

Yes sell it to a non-pinhead that doesnt know any difference.

We all know how stripped down and cheap it is, hence the comments..

Did u search old posts about it? You will see tons of hate on it here and on RGP and everywhere really...

#46 6 years ago

It will not leave my home for less than $4000-with only 12 or so out there-It is worth it to me & it will be worth it to someone else as well-may not go to the die-hard pinhead which is ok.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It will not leave my home for less than $4000

Enjoy your IM Classic!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It will not leave my home for less than $4000-with only 12 or so out there-It is worth it to me & it will be worth it to someone else as well-may not go to the die-hard pinhead which is ok.

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!! $4k!?!?!

Enjoy your IM Classic as a permanent addition to your collection.

There are more than 12. There were 48 BDK "Classics" which were done as a test for Costco before this game came out. That game has a real Stern cabinet at least, and the features taken out weren't anything anyone really cared about - and I don't think one of THOSE could sell for $4k.

#49 6 years ago

Even the stripped down Iron Man is better than half of the newer games available-IMO

#50 6 years ago

Just get Robert Downey Jr. to sign it and give it to that pinwiz guy to sell for you. He got 5500 for his signed DE StarWars...so he says

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside