Pic3.jpg
Pic5.jpg
Pic6.jpg
Pic4.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Pic1.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to pick this up for $4600. Seller says it was just shopped and is in mint condition. The pics look great. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your input as usual - you guys are great.

#2 9 years ago

If "mint", sounds like a deal

#3 9 years ago

You should post the pics so members on the board can give you a more informed answer.

#4 9 years ago

If "mint", it's a steal.

#5 9 years ago

WOW I hope you haven't missed the boat by waiting and asking us about it.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from captkirk:

If "mint", sounds like a deal

Seems like mint condition has a wide range of interpretations. I am curious what a game like IJ from 93 would need to look like to meet a mint condition rating on pinside?

#7 9 years ago

Buy it!

#8 9 years ago

Mine was mint and was $2000 more than what you are paying. I think "Mint" as a game adjective is very broad and over used.

Faded cab art or new decals?
Playfield/scoop weir?
Mods/Extras?

Your mileage may vary.

#9 9 years ago

Mine was in great condition, and I spent $1400 more than what you're paying...brand new cabinet decals and some mods.

Got it and decided it that even after I brassed it up with Mike Chestnut's awesome work, it wasn't minty enough. So it's heading off to HEP. Now THAT'S mint.

Get lots of pictures. My buddy above is right: "mint" is a VERY subjective term.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for the input. Upon closer inspection of the pictures (comparing them to the IPDB ones) I see that the cabinet has drill holes and is somewhat faded. The playfield still looks nice, but not sure if it would be considered "mint". How does this affect the value? How much is a good price to pay for an "excellent" condition one?

#11 9 years ago

most cabs are drilled and fade is normal. Tough call. Some are bothered by cab fade some are not...I would think diff in perfect cab vs fade would be 3-500 bucks. Its 300+ to decal and a pain in the ^%$#

#12 9 years ago

I traded a decent one last summer for 4500 value......so that price seems to be right on or a bit under (if its really mint)

#13 9 years ago

Yeah...post the pictures. The experts here might find things you didn't see.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Thanks for the input. Upon closer inspection of the pictures (comparing them to the IPDB ones) I see that the cabinet has drill holes and is somewhat faded. The playfield still looks nice, but not sure if it would be considered "mint". How does this affect the value? How much is a good price to pay for an "excellent" condition one?

Show us some photos and we'll give you some additional feed back.
I'd say average condition might bring $4500-4900.
Start adding or subtracting from there.

Play field wear locations to consider are the Mode Hole and the lower play field from the top of the Slings to the flippers seem to suffer the most wear.

If the cab is drilled that to me reduces the price id pay. Cabinet screen printing notoriously known for fade issues. Some have put on aftermarket decals. If they are installed properly I'd say it adds to the value. If the cab was not sanded, primed and decals applied properly I'd say it loses value.

IMHO, Excellent overal has no holes, no play field wear but may suffer from fade if the cab is original.

#15 9 years ago

Here are some pics to look at.Pic1.jpgPic1.jpgPic2.jpgPic2.jpgPic3.jpgPic3.jpgPic4.jpgPic4.jpgPic5.jpgPic5.jpgPic6.jpgPic6.jpg

#16 9 years ago

One more.Pic7.jpgPic7.jpg

#17 9 years ago

Hard to tell scoop wear based on the pics. The lockdown bar has bolts that shouldn't be there. Cab is pretty faded, game is a reimport which affects value to some guys. I would check closely for rust or corrosion. Playfield looks good from the pics. I bought one that I consider close to mint for 6k, no holes very minimal fade on the front, no playfield wear. I would rate this at closer to 4200 if it were me

#18 9 years ago

"Mint." With all due respect, you need to just walk away. That machine looks filthy, and I'm always wary of people who take pics with the glass on. Are those sling rubbers as dirty as they look? That can't possibly have been shopped. And I don't know what's with all those rivets in the lockdown bar. You can find a much nicer machine for that money, and a ridiculously nicer machine for just a few hundred more. I implore you to pass on this!

#19 9 years ago

I don't even want to think what the underside of that PF and the inside of the cabinet and back box look like...

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

"Mint." With all due respect, you need to just walk away. That machine looks filthy, and I'm always wary of people who take pics with the glass on. Are those sling rubbers as dirty as they look? That can't possibly have been shopped. And I don't know what's with all those rivets in the lockdown bar. You can find a much nicer machine for that money, and a ridiculously nicer machine for just a few hundred more. I implore you to pass on this!

I agree. What is this seller's idea of shopped? This doesn't look like the glass has been taken off in forever, let alone gone through and cleaned thoroughly, waxed, new rubbers, rebuilt flippers, etc.

#21 9 years ago

Don't buy. Maybe at $3500

#22 9 years ago

Tell him to throw in the T2 and you will pay his asking price.

#23 9 years ago

Thanks for the advice - nice to have several extra pairs of eyes on this.

#24 9 years ago

Would love to work a deal for this game, if you don't go for it, I think a $3750 cash price would be fair, but I woukd look to trade....

#25 9 years ago

If someone showed me that game and told me it was "mint", I wouldn't even listen to anything else they said. Cabinet fade, drill holes, et cet. Total bs.

#26 9 years ago

Not mint, at all. I agree with the price assessments above.

#27 9 years ago

Yeah, I would generlly price IJ at 4-6K but for this one? Closer to the low and not the high. I got around 4500 for mine (a trade for HUO Stern). Mine was in a hair nicer condition than the one pictured with similar fade.

3 weeks later
#28 9 years ago

Hate to be " that guy" , but I ended up buying this machine. Turns out that under all that dirt and grime, there actually was a pretty nice game. I was kicking myself for not taking some Before pics to compare to the afters, but so long as the OP is ok with it I'd like to show you what it ended up looking like. Took alot of elbow grease and about 10 layers of carnauba wax, a couple of days of dialing in the POA, the ramps etc... But I'm quite happy with the results. Wasn't a job for the faint at heart though, and the OP didn't mention the $4800 was in Canadian funds, so $3700 really.

20150215_082249.jpg20150215_082249.jpg
20150215_082302.jpg20150215_082302.jpg
20150215_082311.jpg20150215_082311.jpg
20150215_082317.jpg20150215_082317.jpg
20150215_082327.jpg20150215_082327.jpg
20150215_082321.jpg20150215_082321.jpg
20150215_082302-325.jpg20150215_082302-325.jpg
20150215_082343.jpg20150215_082343.jpg

#29 9 years ago

Was surprised to see this here, was comparing this game to the one I bought and as soon as I saw the Jackpot/Adventure decal under the right ramp out of place I had a Eureka! moment.
I think everyone's assessment was right though. Mint is a fairly subjective term. This game needed ( and still needs) alot of work, but all in all I'm quite happy with it. But if the OP had any misgivings about letting this one get away, truth be told if you were looking for a turnkey playing game, I think you would have been disapointed. It needed a lot of work to get it dialed in.
It's gone to a good home and is getting the love it needs. I hope you find a nice one, when they are looking and playing right it is just so much fun!

#30 9 years ago

Looks nice, but the rubbers are dirty. Why didn't you just replace them?

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

Hate to be " that guy"

...says "that guy."

Congrats on the turnaround. Yes...the OP should have mentioned Canadian dollars as that $1000 difference makes a difference in peoples' opinions about the machine. Looks like you put a lot of time and money (nice side decals!) into getting it looking and playing so nicely. Now, go and enjoy the hell out of it...it's my favorite machine!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Looks nice, but the rubbers are dirty. Why didn't you just replace them?

Had a marathon night last night installing side decals, back board decal, jacpot/Adventure decal, drop target tikis, scrubbing captive ball area, green red and yellow post rubbers....
I've got a new left sling and new rubbers but I just ran out of gas last night. Believe me , I saw my rubbers in the pics and was a bit ambarrased =)

#33 9 years ago

Mint.

Lol

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

Had a marathon night last night installing side decals, back board decal, jacpot/Adventure decal, drop target tikis, scrubbing captive ball area, green red and yellow post rubbers....
I've got a new left sling and new rubbers but I just ran out of gas last night. Believe me , I saw my rubbers in the pics and was a bit ambarrased =)

I was just curious, but I see you weren't slacking off if you did all that to it. Anyway, I think it's a good score at that price.

#35 9 years ago

I Think I'm more embarrassed to have spelled embarrass so embarrassingly. Stupid spell check, where were you on that one buddy?

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

I Think I'm more embarrassed to have spelled embarrass so embarrassingly. Stupid spell check, where were you on that one buddy?

Sorry...that's probably my fault. Spell check has been too busy changing all of my "translites" to "translates" and capitalizing avatar every time I type it.

EDIT: See? It did it again.

2 weeks later
#37 9 years ago

It looks like you were able to talk him down, because he wanted $5500 CDN for it when I spoke to him last (which is around $4400 US). I'm in Seattle, so I would have also had to make a border run, which I wasn't really looking forward to. Glad to hear you got a nice machine at a nice price and that it's getting the TLC it deserves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Wanted
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
$ 1,419.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.