Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Craig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm looking at 2 different HUO TSPPs this weekend and would like some guidance on price range.

I know mods/upgrades will effect this, but I can always add that in.... So what's the "base price" for a TSPP in HUO condition ($US)?

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

#3 9 years ago

4500 from my experience of selling 2

#4 9 years ago

If you can find one for 4k that has ZERO hand wear on the cabinet, that's a great buy

#5 9 years ago

I sold a undocumented HUO later year to a fellow pinsider for 4500 cash. I hardly had any mods on it but the game was just about perfect.

#6 9 years ago

I concur
Perfect HUO
4.5K and upwards

#7 9 years ago

sold the last run either 2005 or 06 -HUO mint TSPP two years ago for 4500- price today probably closer to 5k

#8 9 years ago

Here's a fairly recent west coast sale, started @ 4.5k and sold for 4k, 2 months later.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-the-simpsons-pinball-party-tspp-in-reno-nv#post-2128898
(Pics of game in post)

#9 9 years ago

4-4.5K

#10 9 years ago

If a stock HUO TSPP is to sell NOW then it's a $3650 game

If a stock HUO TSPP is to sell "someday" then it's a $4650 game.

Land in the middle when buying & all will be fine if you ever have to sell it.

Better question is what kind of fool sells a HUO TSPP?

#11 9 years ago

3650 seems low even for a sell it now price. $4000-4500 I concur with. More toward 4500.

#12 9 years ago

Sold my HUO 1st Run TSPP (I was single owner) for 3600.00 last year.
It sold quickly.

#13 9 years ago

I think 3600 is a VERY good deal. You could sell 10 of them in 1 day at that price.

#14 9 years ago

Please stop responding! - I dont want to hear any lower estimates!

I already "bit the bullet" and bought one.... and appear to have paid north of the $4500 estimate.

Now, not only was it a beautiful specimen on the latest run, it had also been completely LED'd out, mirror-bladed and with Duffs Beer mod.

It cost me more, but even with all the information here, I'm still happy with the purchase. It was Banker's TSPP and (like most of his games) it is an awesome machine!

Nice as it is, I've already ordered:
full set of armor from Cliffy
MDM display
ColorDMD

THEN, it will be a Masterpiece (to me).

#15 9 years ago

You over paid at 4500, but so long as you are happy that is all that matters.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You over paid at 4500, but so long as you are happy that is all that matters.

You may be right.... given the condition, I'm not so sure, but its entirely possible.

perhaps it was karma from the pinball gods for me selling my (very NON-HUO) TSPP for $3750

#17 9 years ago

Sounds like you paid a bit too much, but you also got a lot more back on the previous deal. Think about it like this.

upgrading from a " very non-hou" to a "beautiful specimen" only cost you $750.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Hope you enjoy!

#18 9 years ago

Is it a keeper? If it is never leaving your house I wouldn't care at all what You paid for it. Got the pin You wanted and it will never leave.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is it a keeper? If it is never leaving your house I wouldn't care at all what You paid for it. Got the pin You wanted and it will never leave.

yes- i think its a keeper.

that's why I said "stop quoting me prices"

I'm not too worried about the price-- i really wanted to know the ballpark range. I got that and made the decision to pay the upper ends of it....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20 9 years ago

You didn't overpay, it's more game than just about anything out there.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well, its all relative.

I think I got a NIB WPT for $2500 and felt I had severely overpaid

#22 9 years ago

I wouldn't sell my HUO TSPP for less than 4800. Mine is 100% mint with low plays so just the "HUO" label alone only means so much. Condition is king.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Exactly! Overpaying would be buying a new Stern for $9k...

#24 9 years ago

Sold an unmolested HUO TSPP (documented) for 4800 back in November. I think you did fine with the mods. Enjoy it.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Come on, SF2 has a ton going for it!

#26 9 years ago

I think you did fine. It's a lot of machine for the money. I bought mine about 2 months ago and I play it more and more every night. The more you discover, the better it becomes and there's a ton going on. I paid $4100 and would be willing to pay $5000 now. Enjoy the hell out of that machine.

#27 9 years ago

I'd be concerned. I saw a picture of Gary Stern posted on the internet, and in the background, "The Simpsons" was on TV! If that isn't confirmation that a TSPP VE edition will be out, I don't know what is!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I'd be concerned. I saw a picture of Gary Stern posted on the internet, and in the background, "The Simpsons" was on TV! If that isn't confirmation that a TSPP VE edition will be out, I don't know what is!

Well, I actually thought about that....

In fact, one of the reasons I've hesitated on LOTR...

But, unless Stern is going to sell a TSPP VE, delivered to my door for significantly under 5K, it still wouldn't change my mind....

#29 9 years ago

I've got two HUO games, and you just named them both, and I paid less than what either would be offered up as a VE.....

Enjoy your TSPP. I had a good game for me the other night, got to the Springfield Mystery Spot, Alien Invasion was lit, and then drained my last ball. Was pretty geeked to put up a 14X million as my new GC since putting in the 5.0 ROMS, and notice after I finish putting my initials in that I put ELD, not DLD. That's okay, I have those kind of game all the time.

#30 9 years ago

$3750 is what I sold one with very few plays for last year. It was a fair price for both the buyer and myself.

#31 9 years ago

I think you did well on the price. The second favorite pin in my collection and not going anywhere. I just ordered Sparky's TV mod and a ColorDMD. I would not sell mine as it is currently configured (LEDs, full set of Cliffys, Pincab protector and Pinbits protector) for less than $5k. Congratulations and enjoy your TSPP!

#32 9 years ago

Is this the one with the drilled aftermarket shooter lane 'protectors'?

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is this the one with the drilled aftermarket shooter lane 'protectors'?

Nope. I think you mis-remembered my post

Machine has NO protection, and I needed to add some.
At the same time, I asked about that unusual shooter lane protector I'd seen on some of the sellers other machines (the screwed-in ones).

Since then, I've ordered a full set of Cliffy's, including his 2-piece shooter lane protector (no screws) and also an I&S hole protector.

#34 9 years ago

That is good, I thought your photo was of this particular game.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is good, I thought your photo was of this particular game.

No, but I probably did make it overly confusing.

The ONE thing that attracted me to that "bolted in protector" is it provied shooter lane protector on the right side- not just the eject hole. This particular TSPP was starting to show a tiny bit of wear on that side of the shooter lane and it would also serve to "hide" the small paint chip.

I was NOT aware cliffy had a non-destructive option to do the same thing.... luckily he educated me.

#36 9 years ago

no more then 4500

#37 9 years ago

Yeah right. TSPPVE. How much more would that cost Stern over IMVE. That game would have to be 6500 these days. TSPP and POTC were both very expensive builds for Stern.

#38 9 years ago

$4000.00-$4500.00

#39 9 years ago

I've overpaid for most of my pins, I suppose. You get over it (sort of!). Hope you have a great time with your TSPP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 16.00
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 45.95
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-tspp-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.