Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I bought this one NIB and it had been well cared for. No issues whatsoever.
It is not a 'stock' pin but had been heavily modded many of which are my own:

Mirror blades
100% led including flashers
Custom painted Starstream (duplicate of stock) Original included as well
Custom painted Megatron (he looks more metallic than plastic
Custom painted Megatron canon with a superbright LED flashers inside that lights on recoil
Custom painted Ravage mounted on the left ramp. Installed LED in his eye.

Superbands on flippers
Upgraded Premium speakers sub & backbox.
LED lighted flipper buttons
LED lit speakers grills (one side purple, one side red)
Acryllic laser cut speaker grill covers (autobot/decepiticon)
Custom LED backbox lighting using several colors to emphasize the coloring in the translite..
Custom LED flashers in the backbox.

It has a very unique appearance as compared to many other Combo LEs. Just wondering what this would be worth in the current market?

Thanks.

vids:

Ravage post (with pics):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yapm-yet-another-pin-mod-tf-ravage

#2 9 years ago

$4,500-$5,000??

Kind of tough. For a while, no one wanted them, now they are in demand.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

$4,500-$5,000??
Kind of tough. For a while, no one wanted them, now they are in demand.

I've only seen 2 people on here actively looking for one lately. They're in demand?

I'd agree with the $4500-$5000 estimate.

#4 9 years ago

Close by hmmm. I sold mine and miss TFLE too.

#5 9 years ago

I can offer you a T3 pin and my mother's famous coffee cake recipe for this Transformers. You will be responsible for pick up and delivery.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

I can offer you a T3 pin and my mother's famous coffee cake recipe for this Transformers. You will be responsible for pick up and delivery.

I've seen your T3, and you have a lot of cleaning to do before it is up for consideration. I don't understand since you have a wife to handle all those tasks for you. ;P

#7 9 years ago

it's down there, $4500-5000 is about right. This is going to be a sleeper title several years from now, you watch.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I realize mods dont carry much value and there are a few on this pin I can easily remove and use in another pin (blades, LED flipper buttons, led flashers, backbox flashers, premium speakers). However, if I can get around $5K for it in its current glory (when I eventually sell it), I would be satisfied. Those who have viewed and played a Transformers out in the wild and then come and play mine are not dissapointed.

fyi, I had one guy haggle with me telling me leds are worthless in a pin. I finally sold him the pin and removed all of the premium LEDs and flashers I put in it. There was over $100+ in flashers alone in the game. It looked like crap with the mix of cheap-o dim leds and incandescent flashers. A win for me because I was able to recycle all of them in other games.

#9 9 years ago

Assuming no decal wrinkling at the legs, $4800-$5000. Sold mine a while back. I really like it. I have a small space and it didn't make the cut for my top 4.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I realize mods dont carry much value

Never understood this. I would want every dime I ever spent for a mod. (...and I've gotten it!)

#11 9 years ago

Without mods around 4000-4200 , with mods would up to what you value them. This can be a tough game to sell. Had to trade mine after failing to find a buyer at 4200 with Matt a flee topper.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Never understood this. I would want every dime I ever spent for a mod. (...and I've gotten it!)

The problem with many of my mods are they are of my own design and construction. My custom painted toys look awesome (compared to plasticy looking ones), but how do you put a price tag on that?
Backbox leds and speaker lights are all done by me. If you but them, they cost a quite a bit, so I guess I could value them at what you could buy them for. I can tell you the parts only cost a fraction of the prices, but it took some time to build them.
I could always remove the backbox kit and sell it to someone who has a combo. It will only look right in a combo (see the video). Personally, I would prefer to sell it to someone who values the mods and the effort put into them and what they bring to the overall appearance of the pin. I would love to place my LE next to an unmodified one and show the differences Perhaps next time I get a new pin in I will take some stock video and pics and keep them for when I go to sell the game. The before and after shots would be......different.

I know a lot of collectors leave their games stock, which is perfectly fine. Sometimes I think they are smarter than me because in the end, they sell for the same price and they didn't invest the time and money in pimping out the machines.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's down there, $4500-5000 is about right. This is going to be a sleeper title several years from now, you watch.

I don't think so - lots of people like it including me, but they take a long time to sell at that price.

#14 9 years ago

Time will tell. I haven't seen many for sale in the past year and those that have been for sale have not been up for long... Those that have them now know their worth and are hanging onto them, personally I wouldn't sell mine unless I got what I paid NIB for it, even then I don't know if I would sell. I agree with CaptainNeo as well - a few years from now after all the pinside bashing splatters over onto another new title, I wouldn't be surprised if TFLE becomes a very popular pin.

#15 9 years ago

Can't you get them NIB for $5000?

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

If I could have got mine for $5K I would've been one happy camper - I guess that's the price for getting one right out of the chute. Either way, I highly doubt anyone is selling one NIB for that price anymore...

#17 9 years ago

Automated had the combo last year at $5200 when they were getting rid of their inventory but those are long gone. that's the lowest I remember seeing them for NIB.

#18 9 years ago

Cheapest I've seen is around $6,300 for the non-combo LE at automated NIB.

They have a combo LE for $6,200 with a few dozen plays on it.

My biggest complaint (besides the 2 voice actors) is that it didn't come with LED flashers. Took me about 15 minutes to change them out.

To the OP, I'm really not a fan of mods (I usually like things stock), but the Megatron gun blast is F-ING AWESOME!!!!!! How did you pull that off?

I would put a blue flasher in the cube. I did that on mine, looks great.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Automated had the combo last year at $5200 when they were getting rid of their inventory but those are long gone. that's the lowest I remember seeing them for NIB

Ok.. I was thinking of automated as well but same as your that was last year. I didn't know if they were still at that price. Seems like people don't want the combo LE but rather have the autobots or decepticons.

#20 9 years ago

I think the combo is better…best of both worlds.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Without mods around 4000-4200 , with mods would up to what you value them. This can be a tough game to sell. Had to trade mine after failing to find a buyer at 4200 with Matt a flee topper.

The prices people have in mind here on Pinside are always lower...I'm highly interested in that pin, the Distributors are sold out, so NIB it's around $6500 right now...If I was you I would be asking 6k for it...That's what it should sell for.

#22 9 years ago

Ok.. I was thinking of automated as well but same as your that was last year. I didn't know if they were still at that price. Seems like people don't want the combo LE but rather have the autobots or decepticons.

No one has the Combo's NIB anymore, just a couple decepticons and Autobots...Cheapest I saw it from a distributor was around $5695 from Colorade Game Exchange; that was for a combo...the Decepticons or Autobots were always around $500 more, not sure why, maybe because there were less of them produced.

#23 9 years ago

It appears you are missing the only mod that matters for this game.......A shaker motor. I sold mine with mods and shaker for $4600 not too long ago and it took a while. Great game, someone should buy this!

#24 9 years ago

? The Les come standard with shakers its not an odd on.
Just bought a combo op otherwise I would have loved this game . Never saw it posted until now and I have been looking for a month. Sorry

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Just bought a combo op otherwise I would have loved this game . Never saw it posted until now and I have been looking for a month. Sorry

Well if this has a shaker and has not been removed, I will start the bidding with a $4600 offer!

#26 9 years ago

gorgeous machine X99. TFLE-C is an awesome game. Love all your mods too. Well done and thumbs up!

I say it's a $5,500 machine and I wouldn't sell it for less. That's short money for such a great LE pin, esp with the added mods.

#27 9 years ago

sold my combo for $4750 about 8 months ago.
buyer still has it and loves it. I think the prices have held steady around there and agree with the majority here.

#28 9 years ago

Tough sell at any price. Fun game though.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

The prices people have in mind here on Pinside are always lower...I'm highly interested in that pin, the Distributors are sold out, so NIB it's around $6500 right now...If I was you I would be asking 6k for it...That's what it should sell for.

At 6k it won't sell. Step away from the crack pipe.

#30 9 years ago

Let's not forget about the one in MI that hasn't sold and has been listed a long time for $4400

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/31-pinballs-for-sale-in-brighton-michigan-new-prices-new-game

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Let's not forget about the one in MI that hasn't sold and has been listed a long time for $4400
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/31-pinballs-for-sale-in-brighton-michigan-new-prices-new-game

From that ad it sounds like the lower cab decals are blown out. Definitely would not move at the going rate if it has a trashed cabinet.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

From that ad it sounds like the lower cab decals are blown out. Definitely would not move at the going rate if it has a trashed cabinet.

I think it is just the usual cab wrinkle that most of them had - it is not "blown out"

#33 9 years ago

It's probably worth more in trade value.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

It's probably worth more in trade value.

This I agree with. I traded a HUO POTC for my TFLE nearly straight up. Although I had to let it go, I'll get one back.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Cheapest I've seen is around $6,300 for the non-combo LE at automated NIB.
They have a combo LE for $6,200 with a few dozen plays on it.
My biggest complaint (besides the 2 voice actors) is that it didn't come with LED flashers. Took me about 15 minutes to change them out.
To the OP, I'm really not a fan of mods (I usually like things stock), but the Megatron gun blast is F-ING AWESOME!!!!!! How did you pull that off?
I would put a blue flasher in the cube. I did that on mine, looks great.

The cannon mod is just an LED mounted in the barrel and tied to the "recoil" coil. I like the cannon but it wasn't all that noticeable until I lit it up. I tend to do a lot of subtle mods. Most of them are such that they look like they should be there and don't really stand out (unless you look at a stock machine).
I added the Ravage toy because he was always my favorite character.

I will definitely try the blue flasher in the cube. I know I tried white and did not like it so I went with yellow. I also did something most people don't. I used orange GI leds on the autobot side rather than red. The pf color is mostly orange and the orange leds made the pf look for vibrant. It's interesting how changing the color of an LED can affect the overall look of a pin. It's all trial and error and it took me forever to get the coloring looking great in my Avatar (and then I sold it).

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Well if this has a shaker and has not been removed, I will start the bidding with a $4600 offer!

It came with a stock shaker. I would never remove a shaker that came stock. I've added a few shakers to my pros (Tron, Iron Man). Love the shaker motors and they are getting much better at intergrating them into the games.

#38 9 years ago

I did the same thing with mine

#39 9 years ago

Mine sold for $4,700 over a year ago now. Had wrinkly legs.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Take two, huh?

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I did the same thing with mine
» YouTube video

Nice mod.

#41 9 years ago

I threw a Comet purple bendy in my cube. It looks really cool. I tried blue too, but I liked the purple better.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

At 6k it won't sell. Step away from the crack pipe.

Nope, but it will sell at $4600! Take the deal!

#43 9 years ago

Yup TAF,
Regretted letting that game go.
Found one of the rare combos that they did later with extra clear , red Dmd and power pack installed .
I can tell its a bit nicer. But I just love the game . Great to have it back.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Nope, but it will sell at $4600! Take the deal!

I'd love to take one back at $4600. In 2 weeks I pick up a really nice AFM and a 2010 run SM. I'm probably gonna call it quits as far as adding new games for the rest of the year and focus more on student loans and vacations (cruises). Trades may be a possibility but not ready to let go of anything yet.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I'd love to take one back at $4600. In 2 weeks I pick up a really nice AFM and a 2010 run SM. I'm probably gonna call it quits as far as adding new games for the rest of the year and focus more on student loans and vacations (cruises). Trades may be a possibility but not ready to let go of anything yet.

ff6735, those are two pins you wont regret getting. I finally picked up a SM last year and have been loving it ever since.

I was just price checking my Transformers out of curiosity. No way am I ready to let it go. $4600 would probably be a fair price for a routed one, but I think mine is perhaps a step above that. I even put mylar on my shooter lanes. I don't like it when I get a routed game and the shooter lane is filthy. Even auto clay won't pull all of the dirt up. I made a mylar template that covers the shooter lane from the plunger up 11 inches (8.5x11 mylar sheets). It really keeps the shooter lane looking mint on all of my pins that I get NIB. I would probably price my pin for around the $5-5.2K range. Based on what I have read here, and knowing the condition of my pin, it would seem fair.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Quoted from WeirPinball:

I think it is just the usual cab wrinkle that most of them had - it is not "blown out"

After seeing it in person, it's most definitely "blown out". I'd bet it started with the usual wrinkle, but someone (bored teens probably) picked away at the decal over time. The decal is completely missing from the leg bolts across to the coin door, from the tournament button opening up to the start button. Needs a full re-decal of the front panel.

I just personally picked up a TFLE Combo a few weeks ago, HUO with only 350 plays for about the same price, so the Arcade's machine is definitely over-priced.

Later,
EV

#47 9 years ago

I did a sweet little trade with mjpinball for his HUO TFLE. I was not sure if Id like the game to much. Once I understood some of the ruleset I couldn't stop playing it . This is a true sleeper.

3 months later
#48 8 years ago

I was wondering if you ever sold your game and if not would you sell some of your mods separate
Thanks. : Justin

2 months later
#49 8 years ago

Sorry, I sold the game and the mods along with it. Depending on which mods you wanted, I might be able to produce more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-transformers-le-combo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.