Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinphila
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

"Let me give you a topic...Is a HUO Shrek worth 4500 bucks are 4500 bucks worth Shrek. Discuss."

#2 10 years ago

I have yet to play a Shrek, but the theme appeals more to me than family guy even though I enjoy that show much more than the Shrek movies. If I had the cash I think 4-4.5k would be fair for a HUO, it looks like a lot of fun. Good luck.

#3 10 years ago

Yeh, thats what I would think too.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I have yet to play a Shrek, but the theme appeals more to me than Family Guy even though I enjoy that show much more than the Shrek movies. If I had the cash I think 4-4.5k would be fair for a HUO, it looks like a lot of fun. Good luck.

+1

#5 10 years ago

I was trying to grab in mid 3s but who knows.

#6 10 years ago

If you do more power to you love when people find deals. I may know of one coming up near me, I will check for you.

#7 10 years ago

The last HUO one I saw sell was for $4,500, but it did not have the service rails.

#8 10 years ago

Personally sold a low-play mint one for $5k. $4500 for HUO is very fair. $3500 is more realiatic for a routed one with some wear and tear.

P.s. my non-pinhead house guests enjoyed Shrek the most out of all my pins. Great humor. Not too difficult. Best mini playfield on a modern pin.

#9 10 years ago

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feed back. I just dont know if I can listen to smashmouth all the time.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feed back. I just dont know if I can listen to smashmouth all the time.

Exactly...we tried the Shrek software on my buddies Family Guy and it lasted for about 2 games, before I wanted to rip my ears off...

#11 10 years ago

Actually I have a Shrek for sale only because I need the room ( only have room for 3 pins). Smashmouth only plays on the first ball and then only until the song ends. It is movie soundtrack style music after that.

#12 10 years ago

Also, fwiw, mine has the goodie bag and replacement figures in great shape with a small wear spot on the powder coated rail and I have it priced at $4200, which I think is fair.

#13 10 years ago

Sawyer, sounds like a fair price. If it werent for shipping, I would be interested. Good luck!

#14 10 years ago

Seems like the past few of these listed just sit and sit. I'm with you op, I'd like to grab one in mid 3s because I know the kids would love it, but sellers seem to think they're worth more. I could be wrong but IMHO, I can't see the popularity of this title going up. Kids being born now will probably not even see this movie. I haven't been watching too closely but doesn't it seem like the only recent Stern titles moving for more than 4500 are SM and LOTR? With all of the great new titles, why would someone pay the same or more for one that's, well.. older, unless you just really love the theme?

#15 10 years ago

I was thinking about getting one for my 2 yo grandson and my daughter kinda nixed the idea. She said he has no idea who Shrek is. His fav is actually ACDC.

#16 10 years ago

The Shrek VS Family Guy situation reminds me of how important art, sound & theme is to a game (to me).

It also reminds me we are all different.

Example: I love the shit out of my FGY but if it played Smashmouth & had a gingerbread man on it I'd lose my F'n mind.

#17 10 years ago

It is a very fun game and the upper playfield is great - mine is HUO and looks like new and was made in 2010
Worth every penny of $4500 - Smashmouth doesn't play long and the callouts are funny..

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Smashmouth doesn't play long and the callouts are funny..

And with pinball browser, you can now replace smashmouth with one of the instrumental movie songs or something else more to your liking.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

And with pinball browser, you can now replace smashmouth with one of the instrumental movie songs or something else more to your liking.

I actually like it as is..

#20 10 years ago

Cool. Thats good to know.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Sawyer, sounds like a fair price. If it werent for shipping, I would be interested. Good luck!

I have one just like it and would do the same price. Come on over neighbor!

#22 10 years ago

pinballx, working on a possible one for the mid 3s, ill let you know if it doesnt pan out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-shrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.