Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Stack15
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Can I get a price check on a HUO Spiderman (red one) from July 2007 with about 1,100 plays on it. Extra plastics, manuals, fancy key chain thing and LEDs are included. Thanks much!

#3 12 years ago

Mr Pin say's $ 3450.00 ,,, 2200 were produced !! Low Play's and Led's = $ depend's how Bad you want it..

#4 12 years ago

A HUO nicely done in LEDS with plastics and protectors in pristine condition I would say $4000 to $4400. It's a bit tough to get a routed pretty good condition one close to me for less than $3200 or $3400. Granted the area is usually more expensive for pins than others.

#5 12 years ago

As others have said, a nice HUO SM should fetch somewhere in the low $4K range.

#6 12 years ago

I was Offered a 2010 HUO SM ( Red ) with Web'd Side-Rail's ,Receipt & 235 play's on it +
$ 500.00 cash for IJ , He's a member Here also.. I declined , I haven't played SM but a few times and IJ is in the Top 5 . SM is hang-n in the # 10 place.. Good Luck on yr SM purchase ..

#7 12 years ago

should be easy to sell if tire of it.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

2200 were produced

Thats the first time I've seen a production number. I didn't think stern gave that info out. Source?

#9 12 years ago

Yeah, I thought the information on here (the website, not this forum) was a little low. It has SM being worth the same as my TSPP and TAF. I have been looking for about two months and routed seems to be $3,400 to $4,000 and HUO $4,000 to $5,000. Store price is $5,000 min.

I figure there are always cheaper ones if you wait and wait but stay ready to strike.

As for IJ vs. SM, I like games with extra flippers.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Thats the first time I've seen a production number. I didn't think stern gave that info out. Source?

Shirley not ,,, A Mr Pinball Price Guide book,,,, Where you been..

http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=MPPI2011

#11 12 years ago

I would say 4000 for a HUO SM also. If you get it less than that you got a good deal.

Fun game.

#12 12 years ago

Ya good luck getting a nice first run HUO SM for less then 4K especially if it has the extras (shaker, Speakers, etc.)

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Oh, LEDs? 3-3200.

#14 12 years ago

4000-4300 HUO If you can find one. There just arent many for sale.

#15 12 years ago

What is the best price NIB out there right now?

#16 12 years ago

$4000.00 - $4300.00.

Owners tend to hang on to them, and that keeps the price high.

Love mine!

#17 12 years ago

NIB? About $5,750 to $6,999. I saw some websites that had them in the $4,500 range but they either needed to be updated or were out of business. Maybe it's just me but I woudn't want to buy something that was NIB but four years old. Have you ever put something in storage for four years?

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Maybe it's just me but I woudn't want to buy something that was NIB but four years old. Have you ever put something in storage for four years?

They re-ran them sometime in 09-10, but they have a plastic apron and no slide brackets.

#19 12 years ago

I guess that would explain why I see so many pictures of the date stamp on the back in people's advertisements. They all seem to be July 2007.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Owners tend to hang on to them, and that keeps the price high.

Love mine!

+1 on that. I highly doubt I will ever sell mine.

#21 12 years ago

Nope, sorry, this is wrong. The local shop here that is always too expensive sells it for $5,695 and currently has stock. SM can be found NIB for $5,200.

From personal experience, a HUO stock SM is worth about $3,800. Low $4's with shaker.

Quoted from Stack15:

NIB? About $5,750 to $6,999

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Ya good luck getting a nice first run HUO SM for less then 4K especially if it has the extras (shaker, Speakers, etc.)

1+

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

+1 on that. I highly doubt I will ever sell mine

1+

#23 12 years ago

Post a link for a NIB at $5,200. But first make sure they are in stock and the store isn't out of business. I found them at $4,500 to $5,000 NIB, called and found they sold out four years ago or the ad was wrong (hadn't been updated in years) and the price was $6,000+.

I'm going to look at a routed one tomorrow... lowest price I found. I'll give you $3,800 in cash for your HUO one. I have all the $100 bills right here.

#24 12 years ago

If you can find them available and for sale NEW for under $5,000 you're better at google searching than I am... It should also be noted that taxes and shipping will most likely apply from these places.

Monkey's Arcade = $6,250

http://www.monkeysarcades.com/Spiderman_Pinball_p/st-smpb.htm

BMI Gaming (closest to me) = $6,375

http://www.bmigaming.com/games-pinball-new.htm

Classic Pinball = $5,499

http://www.classicpinball.com/

Extreme Toys for Boys = $4,950 but they sold out.

Arcade Games = $4,825 but they are sold out. I called.

Action Pinball = no price given but sold out

http://www.actionpinball.com/games/spiderman/index.htm

Money Machines = sold out

eBay = $5,695 to $6,699

Premier Gaming lists Spiderman for $4,475. I called them and they said they haven't had one at that price since 2007 and they haven't had one for any price in awhile.

Two advertised as HUO on eBay recently sold for $3,999 and $4,100. There is a modded on on there now at $5,195 OBO.

#25 12 years ago

http://www.pinballsandgames.com/Newpinballs-2.html EDIT: Did not see the small print. I'm sure the price is at least at 5600 now. Sorry. Here's one for 5500. http://www.htmarket.com/b1270.html

#26 12 years ago

Yeah I forgot about that one. You must be like me and have visited that site before... refresh the page by clicking new pinballs again. Their price is $6,495. But if you pay by check or wire transfer they will reduce it by $125.

http://www.pinballsandgames.com/pinballsnew.html

Lowest in-stock price I know of = Classic Pinball = $5,499

#27 12 years ago

Thanks. It's $5,926.17 with curbside shipping. I'm going to stick with buying a used one. NIB isn't worth an extra $2,000 to me. It would be worth an extra $1,000 but not $2,000.

http://www.htmarket.com/b1270.html

#28 12 years ago

I never said you could get them for under $5K. When I was shopping around a few months ago $5,200 was the going rate. It might be $5,500 now, it's only 5% higher than I thought, but I'm glad you were able to find a game $250 cheaper than you thought. It doesn't sound like you are going to buy NIB but at least you can make an informed decision.

I agree with you 100% that NIB isn't worth it for most people. Unless your one of the lucky few with a bunch of disposable income.

Quoted from Stack15:

If you can find them available and for sale NEW for under $5,000 you're better at google searching than I am

#29 12 years ago

I'd pay $4000, yeah I know they used to go for that a year ago and go higher,
but I just saw one go on ebay for $4100. $4000 or less is my price some year.

#30 12 years ago

If you could get a used HUO Spiderman in good condition for about $4700 (you have to pick up) or a NIB for about $5700 (delivery included in price), I think the new one is the better deal. That is what it seems to be like for used ones in the DC area. I have not seen any used for less than $4900 recently.
I know that the newer ones have the support pegs but that can be changed to the slider brackets for about $100, and the plastic apron is not that big of a deal.

I am debating with myself whether I should get it NIB for $5700 or go for something else such as an older pin that has been fully shopped or a WOZ.
I wonder how hard it would be to find a fully shopped MB or AFM for around $6000 or a shopped TOTAN for about $5000 in my local area? Those are the main titles I would be interested in that price range. MM is great but I am not going that high.

#31 12 years ago

I'm all set to make my trip tomorrow to get Spiderman. I just played TAF and TSPP for the last two hours.

If you search hard enough, HUO ones pop up in the $4,000 to $4,500 range. However, if they aren't near you, then you'll pay extra cash to get it shipped. And you will have to trust the listed condition from a seller you probably don't know... AND you'll have to pay for it before you even see it.

So if the price difference was $1,000 (when all said and done - after tax/shipping), I'd say it's worth the extra grand for the peace of mind and the thrill of having one that nobody else put their fingers on.

It occured to me this morning when I was looking at some kid toys -- Incrediables 2 will come out in the movies probably next year. That would make a great pinball machine I think. If this whole Spiderman thing completely falls through, I may just put the money in hibernation until they make a new machine I like.

#32 12 years ago

Well I hope your trip goes well Stack. Definitely exciting time with all the new pins coming out so being patient couldn't hurt. That said, I can't imagine you not loving the SM especially if you've played it before and love it. Of course I am a bit biased as it is and may always be my favorite pin.

I think it would fit in very well in your collection. It would provide some diversity by adding a great flow pin to pair up with the other classics in your collection. Let us know how it turns out.

#33 12 years ago

I got the routed Spiderman -- it's sitting in my SUV now while I wait for someone to be available to help me carry it in. It is pretty dirty and two flippers need work. But I feel like I did pretty well on it.

I have a tech question that I will probably post on RGP too: The right flippers (both lower and upper) have the "thingy" that activates the EOS switch broken off. So the EOS switch is never activated. I played the game and even purposely held down the button for those flippers for an unusual amount of time and the corresponding coils didn't get hot. No smoke or anything. However, those two flipper are rather weak.

The right side flipper is extremely strong. Anyways, why would someone cut off the "thingies" that activate the EOS switches? They were sitting in the bottom of the machine and appeared to have been purposely cut and not just worn off. Also, how dangerous is it to play without those on the game? Do I need to wait until I have them rebuilt or is it okay for now?

Thanks!

#34 12 years ago

I'm headed home with it now. This is my shameless post to bump my question back to the top of the list.

I looked at flipper parts last night and I can order any individual piece, the whole assembly or even the whole assembly plus the coil. Of course the price goes up for each - basically $9.95 to $72.95 per flipper. I'm thinking I may just be able to get away with the shaft assemblies and new sleeves. Although I'm still confused about why the EOS switch "thingies" would have been removed.

#35 12 years ago

By "thingie" I think you mean the flipper "pawl", the little plastic tab that pushes the EOS switch open. It should be there to protect the coil. I'd definitely replace those. Stern uses plastic pawls instead of the usual metal pawls. Maybe they just broke off?

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Have you ever put something in storage for four years?

Pretty much my entire collection!

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

By "thingie" I think you mean the flipper "pawl", the little plastic tab that pushes the EOS switch open. It should be there to protect the coil. I'd definitely replace those. Stern uses plastic pawls instead of the usual metal pawls. Maybe they just broke off?

Thanks! I got basically the same feedback on RPG. I'll order two right side flipper rebuild kits. I also didn't get the manual... so I'm printing out one off of the Stern site now.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Thanks! I got basically the same feedback on RPG. I'll order two right side flipper rebuild kits. I also didn't get the manual... so I'm printing out one off of the Stern site now.

Good stuff, your flipper coils will thank you
Congrats on getting one heck of an awesome game! Enjoy!

#39 12 years ago

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. I just need someone to help me carry it in. We just had a Spiderman themed birthday party here. So I still have Spiderman napkins, table cloths and banners hanging up. The plates are all gone.

#40 12 years ago

How much was the routed Spiderman? I am sort of looking myself, but have not seen any good prices.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

How much was the routed spiderman? I am sort of looking myself, but have not seen any good prices.

I probably shouldn't say how much I paid (out of respect to the buyer). It was less than the $4,000 HUO one I found. However, it is pretty dirty and needs about $100 worth of parts. In the end the routed one will save me some money (even after the parts) but if they were both side by side, I probably would have paid the $4,000 for the HUO as it was probably the better overall value.

However, when you factor in that I was making a 976 mile round trip, I pretty much wanted to get it. I was picturing myself coming home without it and driving 800 round trip in the opposite direction next weekend to get the other one (if it was still available). It would have been about another $150 in gas to make another trip too. Not to mention it pretty much kills all other weekend plans.

#42 12 years ago

Can you tell me where the HUO one is located and if it is still available? Thanks

Enjoy the new machine.

#43 12 years ago

Sarasota, FL. I'm going to guess and say that is about 1,600 miles from where you live. The guy has a for sale ad on here from September. He was once asking $5,200. He put it on eBay and ended up with a non-paying winner at $4,100.

His eBay auction said he would charge $150 to prep it for shipping.

#44 12 years ago

I should also note that I do not think the owner of that one is a pinball person. I really got the impression that he picked it up from someone else with the intent of flipping it. I could be completely wrong, but I think I'm not.

#45 12 years ago

Thanks for the info. You are right, it is definitely too far for me. I want to see a pin before I buy it.
There is one listed for about $4900 I think on craigslist near me, but I would rather buy NIB than pay that for a used one.

#46 12 years ago

Yes, I agree. My value perception is that NIB is worth $1,000 more than HUO. The cheapest NIB I found was $5,900 after shipping. I think I would just wait until another one comes up. I searched for two months.

http://www.htmarket.com/b1270.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-red-spiderman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.