You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
__kgrhqj__loe1fywh_ohbngusfeu9q___3.jpg
IMG_1602.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I was hoping to find a trade, but frankly, selling this and finding a Lotr will probably be easier.

So, what's the going rate on a ACDC premium in perfect shape?
- clear window
- shaker installed
- (gorgeous) lit train/track topper (laserific I think?)
- Cliffy's installed on day1
- pinnovation audio mod
- Hemi canon mod

Purchased from GAP April, 2013

So, probably $400 in mods

I looked to see if anyone was selling them NIB, but all I found were non-premiums to compare...

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

For a Premium? 5600-5800 IMO.

US$?

That seems a bit low to me. Isn't that about what a Pro goes for?

#14 8 years ago

Wow- I didn't expect such a broad range on a fairly recent game

I guess I need to figure out if distros truly *do* still have these on the shelf. If so, that makes a big difference....

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'd say around $5500 for a HUO premium. Mods are mods. They don't add value to some people.

Mods may not add value for everyone, but I think I can easily get every penny I spent on the topper (for example). I also think the canon mod and cliffy's are no-brainier mods, so likely perceived as valuable.

I also think the premium (at least for ACDC) is a DRAMATICALLY different game than the pro... And one of the better pro --> premium upgrades from Stern. So while some pros may be kicking around still NIB, I think that hardly bears on the premium pricing.

I know for sure I'd keep the game before I'd ever sell it for $5500. That may very well end up being the current value, but I think I'll test that theory.... And it won't be at $5500 .

At any rate, thanks for all the quick feedback. Guess the real test is to post if for sale and see what happens. So, what's the standard spread: $8k for eBay, $7k for craigslist and $6k for pinside?

Btw, my goal is to flip it for a perfect LOTR with enough $$ to at least add a ColorDMD....

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from JeanJean1968Jean:

I wish i would have jumped on a Luci last year,Really Bad timing ! Lucky i can play my Friend's Premium.

I must be in the very small minorty, but I don't love the Lucy machine.

I think the artwork is the weakest part of ACDC (sadly), but the Lucy stuff just doesn't "fit" for me.

I regret not finding a BiB, but little else when it comes to ACDC. I think it's easily the best machine they've put out in the last 10 years....

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have a near-perfect heavily modded LOTR, too. But if I traded that, he'd have to take my wife, too.

Photos of the shooter lane? And also for the pinball machine?

#53 8 years ago

Ok, so I've zero'd in the value to be PRECISELY somewhere between $3600 and $8000.

I didnt expect so many comments without a "autographed translite" an offer of "free shasta" or suggesting is was in "HEP-like condition"

Seriously though, I'm laughing a bit at how broad the range is.... only one way to find out!

First offer of $8K get it... and Ill throw in my vintage copy of

__kgrhqj__loe1fywh_ohbngusfeu9q___3.jpg__kgrhqj__loe1fywh_ohbngusfeu9q___3.jpg

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

While I agree AC/DC is not a $6.5K game,

Maybe, maybe not.

Hell, if there's people out there willing to pay $6500 for games like Mustang and Walking Dead, then AC/DC is certainly worth every PENNY of what one of those games goes for!

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can't believe this is still available!

Well, I had it listed on craigslist for $8K and I actually DID already get an offer. In fact, they offered an extra $500 OVER my asking price- so all you naysayers can eat a nice big shitsanwich.

In fact, the person is buying it as a gift for her son- sight unseen! She is actually going to send me a cashiers check for $1000 *OVER* the sale price as a gesture of good faith and to ensure I hold the machine for her. I just need to wire her back the difference.

pretty sweet deal!

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I dunno, the way he's pumping up this game for sale, it wouldn't surprise me if he went for such an offer off CL.

Wow, who took a dump in your Cheerios this morning? It looks like you already sold your ACDC- perhaps your bitter the value has risen lately? I dunno, but this isn't a for sale thread, so I was hoping to keep the conversation friendly! /sarcasm

Pumping the game? No! I was angling to try to get the LEAST I can for it. /sarcasm

Sigh. Regarding craigslist, I was kidding. I will include smiley faces on all future sarcastic posts

Kidding aside, I usually *DO* received those kind of offers every time I've posted my old Mac gear on Craigslist when I want to upgrade. They are like clockwork. I think they specifically target laptops becuase Ive gotten like then on EVERY MacBook I've listed in the last 2-3 years.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

You'll be lucky to get back 50% on mods.. they add little value when trying to sell across the country to someone.

So I'll be lucky to get $99 back on my topper?

Just my opinion, but I think you're wrong..... Just my subjective opinion, but I think its one of the nicest toppers out there.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

IMHO you'll get more for it selling it solo than packaging it in with the game. But yeah, some mods have value and demand, and that's one of them for sure.
Decals on your game or something? Not so much. And obviously I think custom decals on Sterns are awesome and worth buying! But that kind of thing just doesn't hold value, it's really only about making you happy when you look at your game.

Yes, I was being a bit facetious becuase KNOW that topper is worth every penny I paid for it- maybe more.

In general, I agree with your assessment on mods. However, some mods are just perfect for a game and will retain value. For ACDC I consider that topper one of them, the canon mod is another one.

Hell, there's some mods that I would almost value MORE than cost becuase I wouldn't have to install them myself .

Other stuff, like the drum mods, the diverted flasher mods, etc- I have them but don't expect they do much for value.

The pinnovators pinpac mod- well I guess I could just swap it out as it works with any recent Stern game. In fact, maybe I'm better off pulling that out, selling the topper separately as well, and just focussing on selling the base machine (with shaker)....

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

If you need a little sign to tell you that was sarcasm, your life must be very difficult indeed.

Actually, I don't mind someone pointing out that's a scam- I'd rather err of the side of someone trying to spare a fellow insider from a rip-off.

I actually DID mean to include a smiley, and I have gone back and added one.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I'm just telling you like it is. The game isn't worth anything close to $6900. I'd say you are off about $1000, and that's including a "rise".
When I mentioned you pumping, I was referring to this thread alone, and some of the choice words in your ad. You just sound like a used car salesman.
"ACDC Premium (currently out of production)"
"out-of-production custom train topper"
"Selling for my below my cost/investment in the machine. These prices have been on the rise..."
Maybe next time don't buy from GAP and you won't have to price your game so high to recoup.

Not $6900? You might be right. Time will tell and I can always drop the price. Much harder to increase it if I err on the low side . And, the worst case scenario is the ACDC sits in my rec room longer- seems like a win win!

Mentioning the game and topper are out of production is a fact.... Not sure why that offends you or sounds used-car-ish.... I hardly used any adjectives at all in my description

2 months later
#107 8 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I read through this entire thread and may have an opportunity to pick up a HUO ACDC Premium from the original owner. This one is stock - no mods, shaker, etc. It seems like $5200-$5500 is a fair price for one these currently? I understand the seller can ask for whatever they want and these don't seem up for sale as often these days.

Id say anything in the 5's is a deal.

obviously check the condition:
specifically the lower PF window- but frankly, for $5200 -mot much would be a deal killer IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-mint-acdc-premium?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.