Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinnyheadhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
__kgrhqj__loe1fywh_ohbngusfeu9q___3.jpg
IMG_1602.JPG

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

I was hoping to find a trade, but frankly, selling this and finding a Lotr will probably be easier.

So, what's the going rate on a ACDC premium in perfect shape?
- clear window
- shaker installed
- (gorgeous) lit train/track topper (laserific I think?)
- Cliffy's installed on day1
- pinnovation audio mod
- Hemi canon mod

Purchased from GAP April, 2013

So, probably $400 in mods

I looked to see if anyone was selling them NIB, but all I found were non-premiums to compare...

#2 4 years ago

6500-7000

#3 4 years ago

For a Premium? 5600-5800 IMO. I sold my own (1 owner, me, HUO) 5 months ago and it took several weeks for it to sell (finally at 5500). I only had a couple small mods (like the wooden bell cover.) So unless the price has suddenly shot up on these I don't think it's worth much more.

#4 4 years ago

6700 - 7000. They are getting harder to find...Especially with the specific items you mentioned above. Great game though!

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

For a Premium? 5600-5800 IMO.

US$?

That seems a bit low to me. Isn't that about what a Pro goes for?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

For a Premium? 5600-5800 IMO. I sold my own (1 owner, me, HUO) 5 months ago and it took several weeks for it to sell (finally at 5500). I only had a couple small mods (like the wooden bell cover.) So unless the price has suddenly shot up on these I don't think it's worth much more.

Now that ACDC is out of production, it seems like supply and demand has pushed this title a little higher in the past several weeks...

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I agree with this. Can't see an ACDC Premium going for over $6,000 unless it's NIB. Maybe because the mods this one could go up to $6,000, but you'd have to find a buyer who also wants those mods.

#8 4 years ago

I just sold my HUO Premium w/ a ton of mods including the Helen kit for $5,800... Let's keep the prices real here folks!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_1602.JPG

#9 4 years ago

I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a distributor that still has one NIB in stock for around 6k (or low 6k).

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I just sold my HUO Premium w/ a ton of mods including the Helen kit for $5,800... Let's keep the prices real here folks!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com
IMG_1602.JPG

Yeah, I agree. I certainly wouldn't pay much over 6k and that's if it was loaded with mods. But to each his own, you never know!

#11 4 years ago

The mods cost about $600. Premiums were around $6500 new and seem to being going for around $6000 with some nice mods. You could easily sell the train topper for $250.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

The mods cost about $600. Premiums were around $6500 new and seem to being going for around $6000 with some nice mods. You could easily sell the train topper for $250.

I paid 6k shipped for mine NIB. The train topper here is the nicest mod. I think those were selling around $300, no? And I'm pretty sure Laseriffic stated they would not do another run of those (I kept my own train topper when I sold my game for $5500.)

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a distributor that still has one NIB in stock for around 6k (or low 6k).

I've heard NIB Pro's are mid-5s. If you can find a Premium for low 6ks, there's probably a dozen folks on Pinside that would jump on it right away.

#14 4 years ago

Wow- I didn't expect such a broad range on a fairly recent game

I guess I need to figure out if distros truly *do* still have these on the shelf. If so, that makes a big difference....

#15 4 years ago

I'll make a prediction. If these actually start selling anywhere close to 7k you will see a vault edition sooner rather then later.

#16 4 years ago

I picked up a nice premium with $300 in mods (shaker, mirrors, upgraded sound, clear window) a few weeks ago, mid 5s.

#17 4 years ago

I recently picked up a AC-DC premium for a premium. I didn't wait to get a deal I just went with what I thought was semi fair. The premium is such a different game from the pro so I almost consider them 2 different tables. Anyhow I got a nicely HUO modded AC-DC premium with color dmd, cannon mod, and a bunch of other mods and upgrades. I payed 5k plus my decent Dr Who. I value the Dr who at 2k so I was around the 7k range. I really wanted another AC dc premium and realized they were out of production so I acted fast. I'm not upset about it and I feel that a nicely modded Premium should have no problem being resold in a year or 2 for 6500 or more. I sometimes just want the game and paying a few hundred more to get it soon really isn't a big deal in the long term. I like to play more than worry about my investment.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Pro's going for around $4k.

#19 4 years ago

I'd say around $5500 for a HUO premium. Mods are mods. They don't add value to some people.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'd say around $5500 for a HUO premium. Mods are mods. They don't add value to some people.

Mods may not add value for everyone, but I think I can easily get every penny I spent on the topper (for example). I also think the canon mod and cliffy's are no-brainier mods, so likely perceived as valuable.

I also think the premium (at least for ACDC) is a DRAMATICALLY different game than the pro... And one of the better pro --> premium upgrades from Stern. So while some pros may be kicking around still NIB, I think that hardly bears on the premium pricing.

I know for sure I'd keep the game before I'd ever sell it for $5500. That may very well end up being the current value, but I think I'll test that theory.... And it won't be at $5500 .

At any rate, thanks for all the quick feedback. Guess the real test is to post if for sale and see what happens. So, what's the standard spread: $8k for eBay, $7k for craigslist and $6k for pinside?

Btw, my goal is to flip it for a perfect LOTR with enough $$ to at least add a ColorDMD....

#21 4 years ago

Prem are getting are to find ! i say 6500.00 US that"s about 12k Canadian

#22 4 years ago

When I made a post in an ac/dc thread about considering selling mine I had half a dozen of pm's in a matter of a couple of days offering to buy mine for as much as 6.5k. I decided to keep it but maybe that helps give an idea of what people are thinking. Mines modded out but doesn't have a topper.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

So, what's the standard spread: $8k for eBay, $7k for craigslist and $6k for pinside?
Btw, my goal is to flip it for a perfect LOTR with enough $$ to at least add a ColorDMD....

lol. GLWS. I've also been interested in finding an LOTR but I'm confident as soon as I do the vault edition will be announced the next day.

#24 4 years ago

ACDC are getting very hard to find, just because someone sold cheap doesn't mean that's market today. I'd bet you'll see the ACDC's continue to climb. I'd say market is $6500 min. I know I can get $7500 right now for my Luci!

#25 4 years ago

yeah, any ac dc premium or Luci sold for under 6k is a bargain. I almost guarantee my premium would be gone from my collection in 48 hours if listed for 6k. We shall see what happens but I'm not selling anytime soon for sure!

#26 4 years ago

I wish i would have jumped on a Luci last year,Really Bad timing ! Lucky i can play my Friend's Premium.

#27 4 years ago

Some pretty serious price pumping here fellas. Seriously, Stern made a metric shit ton of ACDCs. They are out there. They're not making any more, just like they aren't making any more LOTR or X-Men.

ACDC is one of the greatest games ever made, but the price pumping as soon as the license expired is getting out of hand.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from JeanJean1968Jean:

I wish i would have jumped on a Luci last year,Really Bad timing ! Lucky i can play my Friend's Premium.

I must be in the very small minorty, but I don't love the Lucy machine.

I think the artwork is the weakest part of ACDC (sadly), but the Lucy stuff just doesn't "fit" for me.

I regret not finding a BiB, but little else when it comes to ACDC. I think it's easily the best machine they've put out in the last 10 years....

#29 4 years ago

I am surprised that you couldn't find a LotR for trade. That seems like a pretty good deal for the LotR owner.

I would probably sell my Premium for $7000, which is a little less than I have spent on it. I don't play it much, but I don't feel a need to sell it for less than that. I can't really think of anything else I would buy if I sold it, so the money would probably leave the gameroom. I think that is probably why people mention higher prices; there just isn't really a reason to sell this one for less right now.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I have recently been looking for a NIB ACDC premium and could not find anything for 6k. Most were in the $8000 to $9000 range. Some were well modded and included shipping, that said.

#31 4 years ago

I just paid 7000 for a Luci with under 150 games played. Clear, w/shaker but NO Mods... I paid a lil more than i wanted... but.. Luci was my first choice of the premium models, I knew the longer I waited for the right price, I would either not get the Luci, or I get caught paying even more for a machine that had more plays and possible blems.. 7000-7200 seems legit now that Stern has confirmed the license is done. might have to wait a minute for the buyer like myself or 67-6800 its going quick! GLWTS

#32 4 years ago

Looks like I'll have to wait until Kiss or Game of Thrones comes out and people start dumping these things en masse. Not exactly a buyer's market, I guess.

#33 4 years ago

*****Doostur has an add in the market WTB AC/DC Prem and willing to trade and I see he has a LOTR.

#34 4 years ago

I have a near-perfect heavily modded LOTR, too. But if I traded that, he'd have to take my wife, too. She'd divorce me because it's her favorite game.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Some pretty serious price pumping here fellas. Seriously, Stern made a metric shit ton of ACDCs. They are out there. They're not making any more, just like they aren't making any more LOTR or X-Men.
ACDC is one of the greatest games ever made, but the price pumping as soon as the license expired is getting out of hand.

I think there is a better chance of a LOTR vault than ACDC. I know a few guys including myself that would take a LOTR today ,probably a better game then Hobbit and thousands less and available this year !!!

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

US$?

Ha, no, Pros are like $3600. And the Premiums generally track $2k more. Up to you what the mods are worth. No way I'd pay more than $6k for an ACDC Premium though. I know, people love the game, it's out of production, blah blah. It's also the most common Stern game ever made, and it's simply not worth more than that. Look at the history of sales, and don't jump at the first overpriced example you see unless you're just desperate and can't wait and don't mind overpaying.

Edit: Sorry, missed that you were selling and not buying. Anyways, get whatever you can for it, that's the game, but same info holds if you're looking to sell. But maybe you'll find that person willing to overpay!

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

LOTR = low 5's, ACDC = high 5's, shouldn't be that hard to do really.

#38 4 years ago

We could speculate about Vaults all day... LOTR, SM, etc. On topic... Bottom line, I think some ACDC Premium owners are capitalizing on the end of the license. As a pinball community, we just need to make sure buyers and sellers are informed. ACDC is not the holy grail. Great game, but not unobtanium. There are a fuckin' million of 'em.

Full disclosure, I own the shitty Pro version and I love it.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Well prepare to be suprised no way your gunna find a NIB for 6k or low 6k ($6200 ish)

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ha, no, Pros are like $3600.

What??!! Unmodded, routed with incandescents and used as a homeless domicile, maybe.

ZOMG, I'm price pumping the Pro!!

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well prepare to be suprised no way your gunna find a NIB for 6k or low 6k ($6200 ish)

Agreed, they're gonna hold them for people willing to pay a premium because they just must have that NIB. And fair enough, folks had years to buy one previously, I don't have a problem with soaking people who waited too long.

But this idea that it's out of production now and and prices are gonna skyrocket just doesn't hold water for me. It was easily available for years, there are more of them out there than any other Stern, and while I know lots of people love it, there are also lots of people who don't really care for it and will be selling. Not everyone like semi-confusing, brutal games.

It's just another pin now, same rules apply. The sooner you just HAVE to have it, the more you're gonna pay. A little patience and it's not gonna be hard.

#42 4 years ago

Yeah, as much as I hate to price cheerlead, I popped $4800 for the LED Pro. There's no possible way its value is sub-$4000, unless it's a "Roadhouse" level routed machine.

I'm not at all saying it should be $6000+ with the Prem/LE here, but I am also saying the Pro holds quite well. I have Met and ACDC right next to each other, and they are two of the best examples of strong Pros.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

$4800 for the LED Pro

NIB right?

#44 4 years ago

A lot of cool shit is about to hit the streets from multiple manufacturers

I don't think right now is a good time to overpay for a common game

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yeah, as much as I hate to price cheerlead, I popped $4800 for the LED Pro. There's no possible way its value is sub-$4000, unless it's a "Roadhouse" level routed machine.

Wait, new or not? Because I'm not pulling that $3600 number out of my ass, it's what they've sold here for before. Maybe it's $3800 or higher, depending on location and mods, but if you really paid $4800 for a used one you overpaid, sorry.

Also, I don't own an ACDC and have no skin in the game. It's not even on my wish list. I've passed on them locally for $5800, though I considered it. Who knows, I may buy one some day. But not for more than that, no way.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wait, new or not? Because I'm not pulling that $3600 number out of my ass, it's what they've sold here for before. Maybe it's $3800 or higher, depending on location and mods, but if you really paid $4800 for a used one you overpaid, sorry.
Also, I don't own an ACDC and have no skin in the game. It's not even on my wish list. I've passed on them locally for $5800, though I considered it. Who knows, I may buy one some day. But not for more than that, no way.

I think you'd be right on the money 6-12 months ago, but it seems to be trending up since it went out of production. Same thing happened to Tron Pro right after the last batch.

#47 4 years ago

I've got a LOTR I'll trade ya for it

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have a near-perfect heavily modded LOTR, too. But if I traded that, he'd have to take my wife, too.

Photos of the shooter lane? And also for the pinball machine?

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm surprised you got 8 people agreeing with this because you are way off base. Maybe people are agreeing with you because they don't like seeing the pricing going up. Don't know.

Fact - I had 3 offers to pay me $6.5K for my AC/DC that wasn't even for sale officially. 2 offers right at $6k and 1 at $5.5K all in a matter of days after I made a comment I was considering selling mine for something else in an AC/DC thread. I had another couple of people want me to contact them if I decided I did want to sell it.

Fact - A good friend of mine sold his LUCI for $8K in less than one week and didn't even have to advertise it for sale. The person contacted him.

There is no price pumping here. The guy asked what market is and several of us have advised on what we've been offered or sold for recently. 6 month old pricing on them is not valid anymore as you can't just call up a distributor and buy one.

Edit - I'll openly admit that I don't think they should be worth that much just like I don't think Tron's should fetch what they do. I hope Stern makes more of all games that are in demand. If AC/DC is one then so be it.

#50 4 years ago

^^ Fair enough my friend. Valid points.

But in all fairness, and full disclosure to everyone, you own the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside