Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Getting ready to pull the trigger on an HUO LOTR. Basically, this is a title I have wanted but never can find locally. Someone who bought my HUO TSPP for $4,600 has been trying to find one locally for $4,600 and has had no luck in like 6 months. He has put out ad after ad stating he would pay $4,600 for one with no luck at all. Do the HUO LOTR's sell for that much more then an HUO LOTR. Truly, I rarely see HUO LOTR's come up on pinside and I only buy HUO's of any of the relatively new pins (since they can normally be found).

Thanks in advance as I want to offer a fair price and truly have no clue as to what I should offer. It has no mods and has been "lightly used".

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for your input.....so different runs have different values. What run is most and least valuable....that would be some good info.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

As I read his initial post I think he was comparing LOTR to TSPP. I would say that Lotr will cost more given that they are in identical condition.

Litz you got it right.....it was a typo.....LOL.

Quoted from gripwhip:

I was posting that ad on CL and finally found a nice HOU one for $4500. It was not as nice as your TSPP, but close.

Glad you found one......we will both have one by this weekend. I found a perfect one and the guy is going to sell it to me for $4,700 as we just finished chatting earlier this evening. His LOTR is like my TSPP that I sold you "very lightly used" so I am jumping on it (he was the only owner and only used it for a couple of parties he had every year). BTW, I miss my TSPP so I hope you are enjoying it. I will still be at 10 pins after this purchase as I sold my TOM, SS and my I500 looks to be gone (3 people interested and just waiting to hear from the guy I am holding it for but 2 others are behind him) as well but I did buy a METPRO and ELVIS and now this LOTR since you came to pick up the TSPP (shaking the collection up a little bit more then I thought I would).....as long as I stay at 10 the wife is letting me do whatever I want !!! However, 10 is her limit and divorces are too expensive !!! She doesn't care what the 10 pins costs as long as it is only 10 pins.....she really got worried when I went from 0 to 16 in 6 months.....she knew I was on my way to over 20 !!!! She put the KABOSH to that quickly. HS2 is probably the next pin to go if I can find a local HULK LE now that I found an LOTR....your collection with TSPP and LOTR is coming together nicely......great titles and I will probably eventually make room for another TSPP as I would say out of all the pins I sold I miss that one the most (I knew I would).

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR LOTR as well as MY (I mean yours....LOL) TSPP......sob, sob.....I miss Bart !!!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Here is not a bad deal since it includes shipping
ebay.com link » Stern Lord of the Rings Pinball Machine
Good seller also

Not bad because it includes the shipping. However, my "gut feeling" just based on what you can see is this is either a routed or heavily played HUO. I always worry when I see the rails around the flippers (mostly put there to hide the wear especially by retailers). The observation about the starter button wear also is telling. Most likely it is not nearly as nice as most HUO's but again they are technically pricing it at about $4,300 or so (when you back out shipping and EBAY fees that they are paying and possibly paypal fees). Being a smart retailer they probably bought it for mid to low $3's and put a little work into it. So most likely it is not a "pristine example".....you are most likely getting what you are paying for and if it was a local pinsider they would probably sell this game in the low $4's is my guess (but you would have to pick it up). My guess is the LOTR that EABUNDY sold was nicer (not HUO either) and I believe he was in the mid $4's if my memory serves me correctly (might have been low $4's). He is the BEST SELLER in my opinion and everyone always seems happy with his pins.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR INPUT. VERY MUCH APPRECIATED as I had not seen an HUO LOTR come up all that often and never locally. Definitely one I plan to keep for a very long time !!! Will probably never leave my collection as it truly took me forever to find one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 18.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-lotr?tu=houseofpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.