New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 28137)

Price check: HUO LOTR (under 100 plays)

By ebononcini

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BoJo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have seen an increase in LOTR where they are typically grabbing ~5-5.5k. This one is priced at 5.6k but the seller will take 5. It is practically brand new with under 100 plays. Everything is still inside the cabinet and was never removed like the coin box, good bag, etc. Plays perfect. It was bought by an older retired man and just sits in his front room. Kind of reminds me of the used sports car you hope to buy with super low miles and driven by an old guy with a hat.

If I had not just bought another pin I would be all over this, but funds are running low so hard to pull the trigger.

#2 8 years ago

oh, is 5k for a practically brand new LOTR a good deal? 5k man. hurts. thanks for any advice.

#3 8 years ago

Like seemingly everything else, LOTR's such as you describe seem to be $1K more than they were a year ago. I'm no expert, but $5K for a low plays HUO LOTR sounds about right to me. IMO, LOTR is a terrific pin, BTW. Never is a long time, but I really can't see me ever parting with my LOTR.
I paid $4,200 for mine in April, 2011. Ebay BIN. At the time, the $4,200 seemed a bit high-ish. But, it was for sale very close by, and that was a factor in my decision. Those pinball road trips are a pain sometimes.

#4 8 years ago

I sold mine for 5100...I was the second owner, approx 1200 plays.

If you can get one with less than 100 plays for 5k, I think you're doing pretty good. There was like 3 pinhole-sized spots on my cabinet that were damaged, that's it. Had the palantir mod, all new rubber and cleaned, pinbits protectors, shooter lane protector, orthanc anti-rebound, original Arwen, and Pinheadpuckguy's topper. I really ate the price of the topper, but that got it sold, and got me my full payment for a Tron NIB... hope that helps.

#5 8 years ago

Thank you both. It really seems to me that this is a you get what you pay for deal. Man I sure was hoping to get this for sub 5k. It really is a beauty. I think I will have to sell my CFTBL to finance this one. Poor Creetch. Mine is a true player condition. I am hoping to get 2500, so it will get me halfway there.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

I think I will have to sell my CFTBL to finance this one. Poor Creetch. Mine is a true player condition. I am hoping to get 2500, so it will get me halfway there.

LOTR >>>>>> CFTBL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Otsego, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside