Price check HUO lightly used Simpsons Party Pinball

By houseofpin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

What is a good price......how about packaging it with an IJ in good shape (just regular
cabinet fade but nice playfield, translite, etc.). What would you pay for both ???

#2 11 years ago

For both, I'd say $10k. For TSPP, does the Itchy and Scratchy hole look good?

#3 11 years ago

nice... I would think around 9K or $4800 for IJ and $5200 for TSPP, around my neck of the woods...

#4 11 years ago

Thanks for your help.......much appreciated....I am right in the ball park on this one just
wanted some additional confirmation....

#5 11 years ago

No way I would pay 10k for a package deal. A HUO TSPP shouldnt cost you over 4500. And an IJ with cabinet fade should cost you under 5.

If you can get them packaged for 9k you're ok.

Just my opinion.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks Sammie......that was "my number"......it is pretty much where we are at....I figured about $4,250 for the HUO Simpsons and $4,500 for the IJ with cabinet fade so $8,750 is the number....to make it an easy decision....at that price I just "take it away" was my thought process.

#7 11 years ago

I just paid 5k for a 2nd owner HUO TSPP. Zero wear in shooter lane or itchy and scratchy.

#8 11 years ago

Here too, Just paid 4300, for a perfect HUO with 0 wear also . Plus its one with the vibrant colors on the playfield not the washed out ones. Came with all premium LEDs , pincab protectors, pin bits protectors, a few nice mods, FF sound system .

I thought it was a GREAT price at that. , Hobbs

#9 11 years ago

TSPP value is a difficult one to pin down (pardon the pun). It seems to lag a little behind the market increases over the years. If they did, TSPP's would sell for routinely ~4500. Maybe we're seeing that correction now.

Considering the large number sold, nice HUO examples don't seem to come up for sale as often as they did 3-4 years ago.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10 11 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Here too, Just paid 4300, for a perfect HUO with 0 wear also . Plus its one with the vibrant colors on the playfield not the washed out ones. Came with all premium LEDs , pincab protectors, pin bits protectors, a few nice mods, FF sound system .

Sweet deal. Congrats!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

What is a good price......how about packaging it with an IJ in good shape (just regular
cabinet fade but nice playfield, translite, etc.). What would you pay for both ???

$8750 for the two is not the way I'd start.

A bundle should, at least in theory, offer a better sum-total price than its parts individually priced, in which case my first pertinent question would be "is a faded IJ worth $4500 to me in today's market? My answer to that question is "no it isn't", although many out there would disagree. Personally, I'd rather pay in the 6-7K range for a very nice minty IJ, if I really ever want one (and I don't).

My approach with TSPP would be similar. My answer to the "is a HUO lightly used TSPP worth $4250?" question would be a much more enthusiatic "yes, it is", especially if the pin is as nice as described (and since kwiKimart has one). I'd start at a slightly higher asking price though so I could let it go somewhere between $3800 - $4200 in the end. Even though JJP's WOZ is rumored to duplicate/surpass many of the TSPP's features (Keith being the head programmer for both), I don't believe that this would adversely affect TSPP at all. TSPP stands on its own four legs nicely and has already become a classic pinball icon much like TAF and TZ, IMO.

The faded IJ might still sell for its asking price or maybe even for higher, in the longer run.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Thanks Sammie......that was "my number"......it is pretty much where we are at....I figured about $4,250 for the HUO Simpsons and $4,500 for the IJ with cabinet fade so $8,750 is the number....to make it an easy decision....at that price I just "take it away" was my thought process.

That's pretty much the number I wa thinking too. Check TSPP playfield, they made a different version (2nd run ?) with washed out colors and a pink car rather than redish orange.
Best of luck.

#13 11 years ago

I have a TSPP I've owned since 2003 nib. You could not pry it from me for less than $5k. There aren't many better games than this one around at this price point...IMO. The quality is way better than any nib today.

#14 11 years ago

4500 if super nice.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

That is one I am jealous of...lesson learned by me, don't hesitate if another like it shows up. Enjoy.

#16 11 years ago

I picked one up 2 months ago, 4k HUO game. Nothing wrong with it other than a scratch on the coin door. No wear at all. I shrink wrapped it on a pallet and put it up on a shelf in the warehouse. Sad to say that it is not getting played but I love the simpsons and this game. Once I have room at my place I will rotate it in. I will be dumping an TAFG sooner than later and this will take its spot.

#17 11 years ago

I just sold a beautiful TSPP recently for $4k. Don't pay more than $4200 for the TSPP IMO

Keep in mind the guys that say $5k is good, also own one.

$4k is a decent HUO price. $4500 is pushing it a bit too far I think

Just my 2 cents

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

$4500 is pushing it a bit too far I think

Not in California

#19 11 years ago

I just sold the second one I have pick up pending however for 4050. The cab was beat, inside nice and shopped out okay but not by me. This guy really wanted a TSPP

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 45.00
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-lightly-used-simpsons-party-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.