image_7.jpeg
image_6.jpeg
image_5.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Once again, HUO rears its head as a meaningless term. If its a HUO that has never been cleaned, been poorly (never) maintained by an owner that has no clue how to open the backbox/playfield glass, and has some issues (possibly from a battery sizzling over to the boards), its a $1200 machine.
If its an HUO, that is owned by a capable & meticulous individual that religiously cleans/waxes/maintains the pin, and its in CQ condition, its a $3500 - $4000 machine.
So, anywhere from $1200 - $4000.

Yes! x1000

#24 8 years ago

I would gladly pay 3K for a for sure and for certain HUO condition JD that I can inspect in person.

#32 8 years ago

Not trying to hurt feelings in here but I feel I need to say something about JD.

EVERY single JD that I have ever played in my entire life plays let's say "different". I don't mean "slight subtleties" different either. I mean like "earth shattering" stuff is broke different.

Fair warning: I know a LOT about JD and how it plays...

PAPA JD that they use in tournaments= right flipper sucks after about one player goes.

PAPA JD that they had in quarter play area= those flippers are ALL weak. May just need new EOSs on all of them.???

JD that was on location in Cincinnati that I played back in 2006= was ok, but the optos needed cleaned and the upper left flipper needed rebuilt.

My JD= played like total crap when I got it. I rebuild every flipper, replaced ALL lighting connectors, and essentially worked on it for 30+ hours to get it straight. I have to continually tweaked the game here and there for HOURS to keep it playing great. Dead world does not spin properly, but that's just eye candy.

My friend Scott's JD= it played the best out of any that I have played in the last few years. Sadly, sold long ago. I appreciated the tedious tweaking that is required by JD.

Collin's JD= he had not really gone through it yet but it played ok. I little un-level and the upper flippers were a little weak.

I played one at the MI pinball expo 5 years ago= it played but the crane was poop and it also had some serious lighting issues that made shots very hard to see(no GI).

So, the moral of the post? If your JD is "playing great", just wait a bit and it will suffer from some quirky problem.

HAVING SAID THAT: it's the reason why it gets such a bad rap for those that have never played a nice one. Now, I have seen JD at shows but EVERY one I played at a show had some insane problem that makes it unplayable. THAT is really a shame since it's a fun game.

JD is a pin that requires some of the most "routine maintenance" of any game that I have ever owned. If you have one that is mint and playing great, that is a rare event!

MAIN JD killers= heat in head, crappy EOSs from the factory, burnt up GI connectors, flipper opts and associated parts, gears self destructing/binding in crane, ramps self destructing, ramp parts self destructing, resets caused by cold solder joints or separated/bad bridges.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All this "whats this worth" means nothing really untill someone steps up and actually buys . Of course people that own a pin will say its worth so much but when its time to buy is when it matters.

Don't assume that just because someone currently owns one, that they would not buy another. Points to self.

1 week later
#59 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Very true, but comparing JD to MM is like stating Roseanne Barr and Elvira belong in the same bracket.....

Yeah, back when MM was 4K I paid 750 for my JD. I still feel like I made the correct decision!

No sense in forcing pinball opinions about a particular game on someone, "it'eeell neee-ver work"...

Besides, Roseanne is funny!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-judge-dredd?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.