image_7.jpeg
image_6.jpeg
image_5.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Opinions on value of a HUO JD, thanks

#2 8 years ago

$1400

#3 8 years ago

#4 8 years ago

Once again, HUO rears its head as a meaningless term. If its a HUO that has never been cleaned, been poorly (never) maintained by an owner that has no clue how to open the backbox/playfield glass, and has some issues (possibly from a battery sizzling over to the boards), its a $1200 machine.

If its an HUO, that is owned by a capable & meticulous individual that religiously cleans/waxes/maintains the pin, and its in CQ condition, its a $3500 - $4000 machine.

So, anywhere from $1200 - $4000.

#5 8 years ago

Pictures are worth a thousand dollars.....

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Pictures are worth a thousand dollars.....

+ 1000

#7 8 years ago

I'd be happy to check her out for you.

#8 8 years ago

I had one of the nicest jd 's and I sold it for 2650 it also had lots of nice upgrades and new parts also .

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I had one of the nicest jd 's and I sold it for 2650 it also had lots of nice upgrades and new parts also .

How long ago?

#10 8 years ago

I just missed one last week for $2600, well dressed and ready to roll. Near Charlotte, N.C.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Once again, HUO rears its head as a meaningless term. If its a HUO that has never been cleaned, been poorly (never) maintained by an owner that has no clue how to open the backbox/playfield glass, and has some issues (possibly from a battery sizzling over to the boards), its a $1200 machine.
If its an HUO, that is owned by a capable & meticulous individual that religiously cleans/waxes/maintains the pin, and its in CQ condition, its a $3500 - $4000 machine.
So, anywhere from $1200 - $4000.

Yes! x1000

#12 8 years ago

JD will never be worth more than $3000, so if this game is shopped, w/LEDs, has the topper and mint, start there.

#13 8 years ago

Within the last 5 months maybe less . Ive seen some really nice ones take a while to sell over 2500 . Good pin tho had it for over a year .

#14 8 years ago

It's tough to tell the actual condition, based on the 4 craigslist photos(assuming that's the one you're referring to). I see they have FIRM stated. If it's not too far from you check it out or ask them to email you some better pics. I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on one that sold nearby with a color dmd for $2200(no topper).

#15 8 years ago

I sold a really really mint one a few months back with perfect playfield gold chrome topper leds upgraded pinball pro speakers unfaded cab deadworld mod crane mod and so clean i could eat off of it inside for 2600. It only had 1 scratch on the head on the left side.

#16 8 years ago

Did you go check it out/purchase it?

#17 8 years ago

[error]

#19 8 years ago

Nice JD's are 2k+ , so a mint condition fully shopped JD with some upgrades could be 3k+

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

I think the term HUO is way more applicable to a BW game from the early 90's (when there were very few games bought strictly for the home) versus more modern games since 2000. So, in this case, HUO is relevant. It doesn't necessarily mean it is in mint condition or has had proper maintenance over the years but it certainly means it is likely to be in much better condition than most. I would say the value would be closer to 3000 if it really is still in excellent condition and especially so if it has the Dead World mod and metal crane. One of the few good BW games that is still undervalued dollar for dollar.

Still not very useful though. A description of the actual condition of the pin (or at least as much as the potential buyer knows about the actual condition) allows people to make reasonable price suggestions. "HUO" allows people to guess at the games condition (and therefore its value) in about the same way as if the game were described as "in excellent shape" or "nice!".

#21 8 years ago

JD's (and any widebody William's) have been selling for $2500+ even in only "good" condition around here. A JD with no cabinet fade or damage, perfect playfield, plastics and ramps, with everything fully working and clean I'd imagine would go for quite a bit...

#22 8 years ago

[error]

#23 8 years ago

Most craigslist F.S. ads, that say HUO, mean that the current owner has only used it in their home. You see many dubious HUO claims on craigslist, as you do elsewhere.

#24 8 years ago

I would gladly pay 3K for a for sure and for certain HUO condition JD that I can inspect in person.

#25 8 years ago

"HUO condition" says it all! What most people really mean by "HUO" is "excellent condition." And who would trust the words "excellent condition" in a Craigslist ad without visual verification?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 8 years ago

3000 huo if condition matched.

#27 8 years ago

I've got a pretty nice Dredd at this point, but if I was still looking (Or if I had the money sitting around and felt inclined to upgrade) I'd gladly spend $3k+ on a pristine, documented home use only example.

#28 8 years ago

Damn i should have posted my JD on here before selling it in Columbus. I had two other Ohio buyers! It went to a good home at John's place. Still the nicest machine Ive ever owned.

#29 8 years ago

Its funny how things have changed in 5-6 months . When I listed mine on here for around 2700 people were like wow thats crazy for jd even no it was really really nice . Had all leds , deadworld , non ghosting deadworld rom, perfect plastics , new ramps, new legs, coin door, glass, flipper mechs and coils , beautiful cab and topper and other stuff im forgetting. If you care it had all matching boards and dmd . Just a super nice pin . Crazy how things have changed in such short time .

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Damn i should have posted my JD on here before selling it in Columbus. I had two other Ohio buyers! It went to a good home at John's place. Still the nicest machine Ive ever owned.

Yeah, though John having that machine means it'll get played a lot on location, which is great!

I had a long-standing tentative deal with a local buddy that came through a while ago, and Snyper has a Dredd, presumably a pretty nice one, but that's his favorite game. I think what Snyper and I are looking for in a $3k Dredd is a pretty tall order; Optimistically 1% of Dredds are nice enough to pull $3k+.

#31 8 years ago

For JD? $2500 tops. Mine was damn nice with zero fade and I sold it for $1800 I think. Granted, it was to a friend so he got a good price and it was a couple years ago...

#32 8 years ago

Not trying to hurt feelings in here but I feel I need to say something about JD.

EVERY single JD that I have ever played in my entire life plays let's say "different". I don't mean "slight subtleties" different either. I mean like "earth shattering" stuff is broke different.

Fair warning: I know a LOT about JD and how it plays...

PAPA JD that they use in tournaments= right flipper sucks after about one player goes.

PAPA JD that they had in quarter play area= those flippers are ALL weak. May just need new EOSs on all of them.???

JD that was on location in Cincinnati that I played back in 2006= was ok, but the optos needed cleaned and the upper left flipper needed rebuilt.

My JD= played like total crap when I got it. I rebuild every flipper, replaced ALL lighting connectors, and essentially worked on it for 30+ hours to get it straight. I have to continually tweaked the game here and there for HOURS to keep it playing great. Dead world does not spin properly, but that's just eye candy.

My friend Scott's JD= it played the best out of any that I have played in the last few years. Sadly, sold long ago. I appreciated the tedious tweaking that is required by JD.

Collin's JD= he had not really gone through it yet but it played ok. I little un-level and the upper flippers were a little weak.

I played one at the MI pinball expo 5 years ago= it played but the crane was poop and it also had some serious lighting issues that made shots very hard to see(no GI).

So, the moral of the post? If your JD is "playing great", just wait a bit and it will suffer from some quirky problem.

HAVING SAID THAT: it's the reason why it gets such a bad rap for those that have never played a nice one. Now, I have seen JD at shows but EVERY one I played at a show had some insane problem that makes it unplayable. THAT is really a shame since it's a fun game.

JD is a pin that requires some of the most "routine maintenance" of any game that I have ever owned. If you have one that is mint and playing great, that is a rare event!

MAIN JD killers= heat in head, crappy EOSs from the factory, burnt up GI connectors, flipper opts and associated parts, gears self destructing/binding in crane, ramps self destructing, ramp parts self destructing, resets caused by cold solder joints or separated/bad bridges.

#33 8 years ago

thanks for imput posting pics soon

#34 8 years ago

[error]

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

JD will never be worth more than $3000, so if this game is shopped, w/LEDs, has the topper and mint, start there.

Years ago they said MM would never break $4K

#36 8 years ago

So what's this one worth? Chris Hutchins cleared playfield in one of the nicest unfaded original cabinets you will ever see:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/albums/72157623481074891

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

So what's this one worth? Chris Hutchins cleared playfield in one of the nicest unfaded original cabinets you will ever see:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/albums/72157623481074891

What someone is willing to pay ?

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What someone is willing to pay ?

Exactly

#39 8 years ago

All this "whats this worth" means nothing really untill someone steps up and actually buys . Of course people that own a pin will say its worth so much but when its time to buy is when it matters.

#40 8 years ago

I'd pay $4k for a true huo that looked perfect.

#41 8 years ago

Great Great pin!!!

#42 8 years ago

I sold mine, 3200

Playfield, plastics, ramps, dead world, chrome crane, flippers... Everything inside was perfect... I mean perfect.

The body was not faded. There were a few dings, I hated to see it leave. But I can't keep them all

It also had buckwerks headphone jack, a few mods to the rubber and posts at the subway entrance that kept the rubber from breaking down, target stickers and full LED's and a flawless translite

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I sold mine, 3200
Playfield, plastics, ramps, dead world, chrome crane, flippers... Everything inside was perfect... I mean perfect.
The body was not faded. There were a few dings, I hated to see it leave. But I can't keep them all

Jesus...JD is a $3200 game folks!

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All this "whats this worth" means nothing really untill someone steps up and actually buys . Of course people that own a pin will say its worth so much but when its time to buy is when it matters.

Don't assume that just because someone currently owns one, that they would not buy another. Points to self.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Don't assume that just because someone currently owns ones, that they would not buy another. Points to self.

Yep if the one your looking at is nicer than current one I cld see that .

#46 8 years ago

I had three JDs at one time. The first one was the nicest which I sold for around $3500. I ended up keeping the second one which is also very nice. The third one was a beater but I learned a lot working on it.

#47 8 years ago

thanks for responses. not sure if HUO or not but i bought it from a good friend and its staying with me for awhile. they just dont make pins like this anymore for the value, well JJP does but u pay fot it. either way great condition with all matching boards no soldier messes, still has original coil wrappers, two goodie bags staped inside and super clean.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

thanks for responses. not sure if HUO or not but i bought it from a good friend and its staying with me for awhile. they just dont make pins like this anymore for the value, well JJP does but u pay fot it. either way great condition with all matching boards no soldier messes, still has original coil wrappers, two goodie bags staped inside and super clean.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It's faded pretty good in front, but not bad as some. Looks nice still, congrats.

#49 8 years ago

How much did you pay?
That would help with the next persons "How much is a Judge Dredd worth?" question.

#50 8 years ago

Let me know if you find a source for replacement sling plastics. Mine are cracked like the right sling in your pic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-judge-dredd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.