20181223_160704 (resized).jpg
20181223_160701 (resized).jpg
20181223_160625 (resized).jpg
20181223_160617 (resized).jpg
20181223_160555 (resized).jpg
20181223_160546 (resized).jpg
20181223_160536 (resized).jpg
20181223_160040 (resized).jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Trying to settle up with my father on this one. Game is in great shape and plays very well. Probably would rate the condition 8 or 9/10. What would this command on the market today?

20150516_164824 (resized).jpg20150516_164824 (resized).jpg

20160221_183439 (resized).jpg20160221_183439 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

It’s not HUO if it didn’t get to your home till the 80s

$600-$1500.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s not HUO if it didn’t get to your home till the 80s
$600-$1500.

I said HUO since mid/late 80s. I think that is worth noting on a game like this. And your estimation is way off but thanks for playing. Not a chance this game is worth 600 fucking dollars.

#5 5 years ago

Jesus Christ why is this a big deal pinside. This game never hit route. EVER. Its been HUO in their home since the damn 80s. This game was owned by a friend before that but I wanted to state that it hasn't moved from it's current spot for over 30 years. This game is not being sold to anyone on here and isn't even needed for debate.

Please just what would be the value on the market? I want to get experienced opinions on what it would command. The last game sold on pinside was for 1500 in average shape. This is comparable to one sold for 2700 about 3 years ago. But the market has gone up on a lot of pins and I have had people inquire about this pin in the past.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:I said HUO since mid/late 80s. I think that is worth noting on a game like this. And your estimation is way off but thanks for playing. Not a chance this game is worth 600 fucking dollars.

Are you sure you are here to ask people what they think the machine is worth?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Are you sure you are here to ask people what they think the machine is worth?

I'm sure that I'm not here to debate on the game being HUO.

Hit the deck is not a 600 dollar game. That's a joke.

#8 5 years ago

Rare game. I’ve never seen one for sale. Asteroid Annie (which is a bit more rare) are selling now at close to 5k for prestine examples with perfect backglasss and what not. Knock off about 20% of that since Annie is more rare and that gives you an idea of how to value it and where to start. Plus knock off whatver for anything on your game that needs restoration work. The one photo doesn’t show much.

#9 5 years ago

The reality is that it does not matter if it’s HUO or not. You will need to post better pictures showing the condition of the machine, if you want an honest opinion. Condition is way more important than the history of the game. The right slingshot area looks strange in the pics. Does it have mylar at the slings? I can at minimum tell that it has cupped inserts. With pics that are that bad, seeing cupped inserts means that they are severely cupped. That doesn’t bode well for a top dollar.

Also, if you are trying to get an idea of value, just get better pics and put it up for sale and see what offers you get. You don’t have to agree to sell it.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The reality is that it does not matter if it’s HUO or not. You will need to post better pictures showing the condition of the machine, if you want an honest opinion. Condition is way more important than the history of the game. The right slingshot area looks strange in the pics. Does it have mylar at the slings? I can at minimum tell that it has cupped inserts. With pics that are that bad, seeing cupped inserts means that they are severely cupped. That doesn’t bode well for a top dollar.
Also, if you are trying to get an idea of value, just get better pics and put it up for sale and see what offers you get. You don’t have to agree to sell it.

Fair point. I agree it doesn't matter if its HUO or not. That's why its frustrating that this thread got hung up on it. I have to get better pictures when I get a chance but I had a couple on me to post with the thread. The first pic had wax hardened around the mylar by the slings that's why the updated picture looks better cause it was actually cleaned up nicely. I tried posting to get a rough estimate on what a 8/10 or 9/10 conditioned game would go for. The cabinet ,backglass and mechanics are almost perfect but field does have some cupping and minor wear. I believe it's in good condition otherwise.

I would not like to put a phony ad up with no intention to sell that's why I opted for this route.

#12 5 years ago

I loathe the term HUO. It's being used all over the place with no regard to what it really means.

Either way I'd say $2,500-$3,250. It's not as popular as Gottliebs "Strange World" but because of rarity and it is a fun game I think that's where you would be.

#13 5 years ago

Never was on route so take it how you want it. I'm done talking about it at this point. If that's not home use call it whatever.

#14 5 years ago

How many plays does it have on it since you got it in the 1980's? That's what's really important. I learned that from someone selling an immamaculate Baywatch.

#15 5 years ago

Around 1000 to 1500.

I've seen 3 sell in canada this year.

#16 5 years ago

Having played a couple of Hit The Decks before I thought it was more common than it actually is; around 1000 units total across three variants, with half the run being exclusively for export. Not as rare as Asteroid Annie's 211 units, but Gottlieb knocked it out of the park gameplay-wise with their last few wedgeheads. I'm no expert on prices, but I'd be surprised if the going rate wasn't around the $2k - $3k range for a decent one.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Gottlieb knocked it out of the park gameplay-wise with their last few wedgeheads

This I cant agree with. Hit the deck is pure luck most of the shots cant be aimed for just hope for a lucky bounce.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

This I cant agree with. Hit the deck is pure luck most of the shots cant be aimed for just hope for a lucky bounce.

It's less difficult than it looks once you get the feel for it. It's not a catch-and-aim game; you have to play it more reactively with the ball constantly on the move. Makes it more fun IMO.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Hit the deck is pure luck most of the shots cant be aimed for just hope for a lucky bounce.

Agree. Gottlieb definitely knocked the artwork out of the park on their later wedgehead games, but I was not impressed with the gameplay on Hit the Deck either.

That faux digital display cracks me up though. Did Gottlieb really think they were fooling anyone with that?! I love it.

OP, I hope you’re able to get a fair price for you and your father on this game. Good luck!

#21 5 years ago

Boston Pinball (which tracks Ebay sales) shows one sold in 2016 for $7,000. So take that for what it's worth. Neptune is not listed either, so probably no sales of that one in a long while. Both are rare EMs, for sure, but hard to know the value with very little sales info. Condition is king.

http://www.bostonpinball.biz/eBay112118.htm

#22 5 years ago
When did pinside ditch the family friendly thing...???!!!.............Joey

#24 5 years ago

As you were...carry the Fuck on...............Joey

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Watch Derek Fugate play the game and you will see it's a rare pin where playing a carom is important and essential. It's a geometry buffs dream game.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Agree. Gottlieb definitely knocked the artwork out of the park on their later wedgehead games, but I was not impressed with the gameplay on Hit the Deck either.
That faux digital display cracks me up though. Did Gottlieb really think they were fooling anyone with that?! I love it.
OP, I hope you’re able to get a fair price for you and your father on this game. Good luck!

Trying to determine the appropriate value so I can buy the game from him. This was something we wanted to check cause neither one of us really knew what it would go for now.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Trying to determine the appropriate value so I can buy the game from him.

Maybe it isn’t my place to say, but since the game is staying in the family, why not just both of you agree on a price amongst yourselves? As long as you’re both happy with the deal, I don’t see why it would matter whether you bought it from him for $5 or $5,000.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Maybe it isn’t my place to say, but since the game is staying in the family, why not just both of you agree on a price amongst yourselves? As long as you’re both happy with the deal, I don’t see why it would matter whether you bought it from him for $5 or $5,000.

Because its a sale out of necessity. I'm blocking the game from getting on the market and we both want to settle up with what's fair. I want to make sure he's getting what he would get if he sold it to someone else. That's why we are trying to figure out the value and then go from there whether if we do a family discount or not.

#29 5 years ago

Perhaps this may give you an idea..

http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay0513.htm

#30 5 years ago

2018 Mr. Pinball says $1100, 375 made.

#31 5 years ago

Last data is from 2013, so I don't think that is going to help much.

Quoted from xfassa:

2018 Mr. Pinball says $1100, 375 made.

Mr. Pinball notoriously undervalues games.

#32 5 years ago

Not much else to go by. Twice I bought a Neptune for $100.00
Can't go by that. I can say some of the once sought after machines
aren't going for what they once had..

#33 5 years ago

Pinpedia site has some auction results. One sale at $600 and recent one at $7,000 so its a tough call . Average at #1,318

#34 5 years ago

Check similar games on www.PinballPrices.com Of the 700 game titles and 1700 sales databased, I don't have this machine but the Boston guide would be the next best option. It's trite to say, but it's worth what someone will pay for it, no more than that. If it's sentimental too your Dad, pay him what you can. If it's just in the way and he wants to get rid of it, it's not worth much to him.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from DocFinlay:

Check similar games on www.PinballPrices.com Of the 700 game titles and 1700 sales databased, I don't have this machine but the Boston guide would be the next best option. It's trite to say, but it's worth what someone will pay for it, no more than that. If it's sentimental too your Dad, pay him what you can. If it's just in the way and he wants to get rid of it, it's not worth much to him.

Very sentimental. It's his last game left from the good old days of collecting for him. I will be posting some pics of this game in the next day or so for you guys when I get over there. We pretty much settled everything up and it will probably just be pawned to me for the mean time so everything will work out.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Very sentimental. It's his last game left from the good old days of collecting for him. I will be posting some pics of this game in the next day or so for you guys when I get over there. We pretty much settled everything up and it will probably just be pawned to me for the mean time so everything will work out.

Then any arbitrary value would do, right? Or the amount of money your father needs right now to get him out of the ditch he is in?

#37 5 years ago

So technically it's not a 'sale' anymore, which sounds like the least contentious way to go about it. The question of sentimental value was on my mind too, it should have been raised sooner.

#38 5 years ago

Right which is pretty much what's going to happen it seems. We are going to talk more about it over the holidays and who knows we may just do an outright yet. But yeah bottom line for us is that the game isn't leaving the blood and that's important.

I look forward to sharing the photos of this game to everyone. It truly is a gem and I apologize for my posts earlier that have garnered nearly all my downvotes ever on pinside. It's an insult to this game and it's story/history to be considered at 600 bucks which had set me off. I appreciate everyone's constructive input on this topic and I hope this does help other people that are looking at Hit The Deck.

#39 5 years ago

Here's some pictures I took tonight. Could use a nice cleaning had alot of dried up wax on the playfield but didn't have any wax on hand to clean it up. She's nice though.

20181223_160030 (resized).jpg20181223_160030 (resized).jpg20181223_160040 (resized).jpg20181223_160040 (resized).jpg20181223_160536 (resized).jpg20181223_160536 (resized).jpg20181223_160546 (resized).jpg20181223_160546 (resized).jpg20181223_160555 (resized).jpg20181223_160555 (resized).jpg20181223_160617 (resized).jpg20181223_160617 (resized).jpg20181223_160625 (resized).jpg20181223_160625 (resized).jpg20181223_160701 (resized).jpg20181223_160701 (resized).jpg20181223_160704 (resized).jpg20181223_160704 (resized).jpg20181223_160845 (resized).jpg20181223_160845 (resized).jpg20181223_161135 (resized).jpg20181223_161135 (resized).jpg20181223_161226 (resized).jpg20181223_161226 (resized).jpg20181223_161232 (resized).jpg20181223_161232 (resized).jpg20181223_161430 (resized).jpg20181223_161430 (resized).jpg20181223_161452 (resized).jpg20181223_161452 (resized).jpg20181223_161501 (resized).jpg20181223_161501 (resized).jpg

#40 5 years ago

That's really nice. I bet you could get $3k for it. Maybe more.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That's really nice. I bet you could get $3k for it. Maybe more.

Thank you. I think so as well , I feel like this would clean up really nicely in a few areas.

#42 5 years ago

Man... Gordon Morrison was a master at his craft. I could look at that artwork all day. Thanks for sharing.

#43 5 years ago

Are LEDs in the back box as well as the playfield? Helps to explain the fine condition of the glass.

#44 5 years ago

Should clean up nicely, but not 3K nicely. Maybe to the right collector!!

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Are LEDs in the back box as well as the playfield? Helps to explain the fine condition of the glass.

We switched the game to LEDs about 2 years ago. Otherwise regular bulbs the rest of its life.

#46 5 years ago

I wanted to post this picture as well. I've shared it in a couple threads if anyone has seen it before.

20170919_133642 (resized).jpg20170919_133642 (resized).jpg
#47 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I wanted to post this picture as well. I've shared it in a couple threads if anyone has seen it before.

Awesome picture. I too have a Hit the Deck. I really wanted this game so I kinda over paid for it, but people were lined up to buy it from a non pinball guy that got it at an estate sale in southern California about 3 years ago. On mine the cabinet had all kinda of flaking paint. Back glass was wasted and a few of the plastics were warped but the playfield was excellent. I paid $800 for it in that shape and had to drive 6 hours to get it. I had to redo the cabinet, found 2 more back glasses and found another set of plastics. The game came out great. Although I don't find it to be that great of game play, Im not letting it go yet. The old saying is true, it's only worth what people are willing to pay for it and how bad someone wants it. Being that you are not selling and just want to be fair with your dad, I would estimate it from previous sales and how rare this game is. I would say $2k would be a good price.

#48 5 years ago

Great picture.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Awesome picture. I too have a Hit the Deck. I really wanted this game so I kinda over paid for it, but people were lined up to buy it from a non pinball guy that got it at an estate sale in southern California about 3 years ago. On mine the cabinet had all kinda of flaking paint. Back glass was wasted and a few of the plastics were warped but the playfield was excellent. I paid $800 for it in that shape and had to drive 6 hours to get it. I had to redo the cabinet, found 2 more back glasses and found another set of plastics. The game came out great. Although I don't find it to be that great of game play, Im not letting it go yet. The old saying is true, it's only worth what people are willing to pay for it and how bad someone wants it. Being that you are not selling and just want to be fair with your dad, I would estimate it from previous sales and how rare this game is. I would say $2k would be a good price.

You're right. 2K is the number. I own a Neptune and would say if I wanted the replay twin brother I would pay that much

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Here's some pictures I took tonight. Could use a nice cleaning had alot of dried up wax on the playfield but didn't have any wax on hand to clean it up. She's nice though.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The only Gottliebs I have ever had a chance to look at were already many years into their nicotine filled bar room air. And the wiring is all crappy, dirty, brown in color.

The color of your wiring is superb. All of the colors are bright. The wiring looks brand new. There is no nicotine dust or stain any where that I can see.

It is a beautiful pin. I wish it was mine.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-hit-the-deck/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.