Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Found a Congo claimed to be HUO. Haven't seen it. All I have so far is a number. What are your thoughts on value if this pin?

#2 11 years ago

Sounds like your dream machine. Hope the asking price is within reason. Seems 1800-2500 is the average lately. I would hope for your sake the huo is not more than 3. Best of luck man.

#3 11 years ago

HUO claim is a good way to describe it! A true HUO Congo would be a rare bird (or ape). I know I would pay around $4000 for a true, low play HUO Congo. I always check for sealed goodie bags and full manual packs. Those excite me... if you get to see it in person take some pics. Close up of shooter lane, under playfield and inside cabinet always helps as well! Good luck!

#4 11 years ago

Doubt it's HUO but a nice one is around £1600 in the UK so I would guess £2500 for a true HUO over here.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Found a Congo claimed to be HUO. Haven't seen it. All I have so far is a number. What are your thoughts on value if this pin?

I have a guy I've done a number of restores for that would be very interested in this game, if you don't buy it. And if you do buy it, let me know when or if the time comes you want to sell.

The HUO claim means nothing to us. Condition is all that matters.

And as teekee said, the inside of a game is really where you can tell if it's HUO or not. If it is, everything will still shine.

#6 11 years ago

Ill take it too

#7 11 years ago

I looked for Congo for 8 months. I am sure many collectors can remember my long search. Some were annoyed by my constant posts day after day. I finally found the nicest Congo I have ever seen. Its damn near collector quality if that means anything. Probably not. I paid $2500 for mine and will NEVER sell it. It was worth every penny. It is the most underrated pin I have ever played, altough I still have a ton of games to play. I always get comments from people who have never played it "when your ready to sell, let me know." I would say if it is HUO and MINT $2500-$3500 would be ballpark IMO. Probably closer to $3500.

#8 11 years ago

Wanted: HUO Congo for 2500

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Wanted: HUO Congo for 2500

yes, 2008 was a good year!

#10 11 years ago

Shit--I'd pay $4k all day long for a minty example.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Shit--I'd pay $4k all day long for a minty example.

How dare you Pirate my hijacked thread. I feel hornswaggled.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

yes, 2008 was a good year!

Mission Accomplished

#13 11 years ago

Interesting to see the range on value estimates. I was hoping to find CQ for $3000, maybe HUO for $3500. This seller wants significantly more than that. Waiting for more info and pics of the machine. Will post when I get them.

#14 11 years ago

If the seller wanted significantly more than $3500 then I would run, not walk....away ! This pin is not unobtainium. It's a good playing machine and there are players pins around.

#15 11 years ago

$3000 for CQ is very fair to the seller. HUO means nothing unless the cabinet is pristine. I bought mine about 6-8 years ago and weathered the hatestorm for Congo; I'm glad I did! It feels good to be vindicated.

#16 11 years ago

Brian Dendis had done a beautiful Congo with custom work for $5k approx. Now, I love Brian's custom work, but the insides of his games tend to look untouched/unrestored and his playfield touchup work is above average, but not perfect. I do like his clearcoating work. Would like to find a relatively pristine example and customize the snot out of it.

#17 11 years ago

I love mine and think its easily worth $2500-3000 in today's market. That's not because I own one, its because the pin is worth it. Smooth, fun, well-built game with great shots, beautiful playfield, awesome sound (still love the tribal 'mystery' music) and a great visual appeal (it is a Williams after all). Not sure which 5 guys originally came up with the official 'A' list, but they somehow missed getting this pin on it. People say the movie theme kills it, but if that were the case, then why is TAF so popular? That movie sucked way worse than Congo. I don't think you can fully appreciate this pin until you own one or at least play one extensively. I really don't see me selling mine, and I hear that statement a lot from Congo owners.

#18 11 years ago

It's also a rare pin, with only 2,129 made (not counting conversion kits). I never see one come up for sale here. I took mine to the Atanta PinSwap last year for people to play ("Not For Sale") and had several offers. That just made me more determined to keep it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-congo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.