View topic image gallery

008.jpg
007.jpg
005.jpg
001.jpg
Neo.jpg
image.jpg
people-in-line-at-usps.jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That is some shady stuff......just when you think guys in a tight knit group are "friends."

Yea everyone wants a deal, I try and do the right thing karmas a bitch

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

you got here late... the original OP's topic title was asking for the value for a low play, mint, no fade HUO BSD. The title has since changed to 'BSD value' for some reason...

gotcha. That makes a lot more sense then. No fade BSD that's original cabinet and non planked playfield, is hard to come by.

and bryan. I never owned BSD. Don't care for it, and really don't follow it's pricing. I did see you sold a better than average one not to long ago in the 2's. Which I was floored on. That's like getting 2k + for JD, DW or DM. Amazing.

As far as my pricing for my stuff went. I didn't go by going rate or even what the world worth was. I went by. "if someone offered me this..i'd let it go because that's what it's worth to me" style of pricing. Apparently even what I thought, was stupid pricing, wasn't stupid enough, because more than half is gone. If you notice the stuff I list that i'm looking to actually sell, is very reasonable if not a very good deal.

#53 11 years ago

Game sold so here are the pics , I did not buy not tell me what you think it's worth and ill tell you guys what it went for later.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114325211645824626125/albums/5844587608729278705

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Game sold so here are the pics , I did not buy not tell me what you think it's worth and ill tell you guys what it went for later.
https://plus.google.com/photos/114325211645824626125/albums/5844587608729278705

Not enough pics to give you a 100% estimate but from what I can see its pretty nice but not what was first thought. $2500?

#55 11 years ago

lol, looks like a slightly above average bsd playfield wise and well above average cab but i would guess Teekee's 2500 is more than i'd give...

#56 11 years ago

I would have liked to have seen inside cabinet, under playfield and bottom of cabinet as well. Maybe a pic of the boards as well. After seeing those pics I might be willing to bump it up...

#57 11 years ago

Yea thats all I could get didnt taket the pics myself, seller got them for me while in a rush. He is not a collector and didnt really have time to lift the playfield, open the backbox etc so I had him get the key wear spots.... I would have to assume potetial battary acid damage as they never changed them but who knows It def looks above average and the cab looks very nice assuming no touchups but I didnt see it in person.

By the way sorry about changing the topic etc yesterday guys, I think you undertsand. Changed it back as this is an interesting thread if nothing else!

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea thats all I could get didnt taket the pics myself, seller got them for me while in a rush. He is not a collector and didnt really have time to lift the playfield, open the backbox etc so I had him get the key wear spots.... I would have to assume potetial battary acid damage as they never changed them but who knows It def looks above average and the cab looks very nice assuming no touchups but I didnt see it in person.
By the way sorry about changing the topic etc yesterday guys, I think you undertsand. Changed it back as this is an interesting thread if nothing else!

Well I hope he got it for a really good deal cuz if he was in that much of a rush and didn't take the time to open the backbox or lift playfield it must have been a steal!

#59 11 years ago

I don't know where people have been but my original BSD unfaded with a few dings on cab with best untouched playfield I have ever seen would not leave for under 2k. They can be found for 1600 but they are just average condition. Nice BSD's untouched do not come up often.

#60 11 years ago

BSD is an awesome game!! The one in those pictures looks no more HUO than either of the routed BSDs I owned. I sold mine two and a half years ago for $2500, and I would easily pay $3000 today to get it back.

#61 11 years ago

Pf has some issues for sure .

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Pf has some issues for sure .

so you down to $8K now?

#63 11 years ago

rubbers dry rotted, the big circle insert next to the bat hole looks like it may be separating. Could be a ring of wax around the insert but the way the rubbers look I doubt its wax. The cabinet does look good. Id say it went for 2800 to 3000.

#64 11 years ago

As far as my pricing for my stuff went. I didn't go by going rate or even what the world worth was. I went by. "if someone offered me this..i'd let it go because that's what it's worth to me" style of pricing. Apparently even what I thought, was stupid pricing, wasn't stupid enough, because more than half is gone. If you notice the stuff I list that i'm looking to actually sell, is very reasonable if not a very good deal.

This has to be the funniest and most classic post I've read all year...and it's coming from the king of price cops!! This BS story/excuse from the guy that has been bashing everybody's pricing for YEARS!! You and I have argued about this on RGP on numerous occassions. To be honest with you, I don't really care what BS strory you came up with to justify why you priced your games so high when you were selling them...it's the fact that you had the balls to ask those prices after beating everybody down about the prices they've been asking. Cry any story you want to justify asking the prices you were asking...you were still asking stupid ridiculous prices for your games...which I though was f'n hilarious!! Congrats on selling half of your collection...and looking like a hypocrite while doing it. LOL

After selling half of your collection, maybe you can afford a copy of this book:

Neo.jpgNeo.jpg

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If the condition was as I would expect for a HUO game like this, and I could go see the game first, and really, condition is king here with no fade and not a spec of wear, I would pay 2K + My really nice BSD. Mine is great, but this sounds like it would be a really nice upgrade.
But I would be inside the coin mechs with a flashlight. I'd be examining the dent at the end of the shooter lane where the ball comes off the launch ramp. I'd be using a microscope on the drop target to check for how many times it looked like it had been hit.

And now that I have seen pictures... I am rescinding my offer. Maybe it looks better in person. It would get 2k for the unfaded cab alone, but there is lots of work needed to get that into what would be considered nice shape.

And don't get me wrong, when I bought mine it also had dry rotted rubber on it too, so bad that some of them had broken just from sitting for years. Pulling out the coffin to get to it all was a bear, but fun.

I hope whoever bought it is going to put in the time to fix it up. BSD is the best pinball game ever made (IMHO). If the call "Thurty Milllllion" doesn't get your adrenaline pumping you might want to take up another hobby.

#67 11 years ago

"If the call "Thurty Milllllion" doesn't get your adrenaline pumping you might want to take up another hobby. "

I don't even though if that works on my game. Only have gotten it to say twenty million once.

#68 11 years ago

Looks like more then an hour play to me

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Looks like more then an hour play to me

Yea I thin thats a given

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

This has to be the funniest and most classic post I've read all year...and it's coming from the king of price cops!! This BS story/excuse from the guy that has been bashing everybody's pricing for YEARS!! You and I have argued about this on RGP on numerous occassions. To be honest with you, I don't really care what BS strory you came up with to justify why you priced your games so high when you were selling them...it's the fact that you had the balls to ask those prices after beating everybody down about the prices they've been asking. Cry any story you want to justify asking the prices you were asking...you were still asking stupid ridiculous prices for your games...which I though was f'n hilarious!! Congrats on selling half of your collection...and looking like a hypocrite while doing it. LOL
After selling half of your collection, maybe you can afford a copy of this book:

well if you would have been following along with the whole story on how I even put up my entire collection for sale. It didn't start off as a FS thread. It started off as a Rant on some other thread, when ever I would give a price quote, some jagoff would chime in and say it's worth double or triple that. So finally I was like, you know what. Fuck you. Think it's worth gold. Here's my shit and here's your pricing on it. That's how it started. I had no intention on any of my games going out the door. I had the top 22 games I wanted. My collection was exactly where I wanted it, and had every title I ever wanted. So no, it wasn't hypocritical. And I still can't believe the shit sold. Prices people are paying are absurd at best.

Do I miss my games. Absolutely. But there is no such thing as not for sale when it comes to material stuff. For anyone. If you say i'll never sell this game or that game. Bullshit. Everyone has a price, and finally you have to say. it's yours. I'll rebuy it down the road. (except my Miss World which is non replaceable). Nothing Hypocritical about that. I still think the price people are paying for stuff is way out of line.

#71 11 years ago

He said the "F" word!

#73 11 years ago

BSD is a fun game but its not worth more that than $2,500. That pin for HUO has been played more than a hour since purchase. That kickout hole has 10,000 games worth of wear.

#74 11 years ago

I will send you guys some better pics when it arrives at my house

#75 11 years ago

Cool I think it will clean up nice didn't see it in person. I figured the collector may be on here Enjoy!!!

#77 11 years ago

HUO is one thing...if it was still in the box or had less than 1000 plays and perfect would not think more than $4000, HUO used and/or neglected (usually HUO) $2800-3300, good find...sounds like a good one to buy and flip..get a well used version and another game!

#78 11 years ago

its an upgrade for me. selling my old one if anyone is interested.

#80 11 years ago

I sold my BSD, DH and JY to 'save' my MM years ago while unemployed.

Stupid, stupid decision on my part. I sold my MM a couple years later because it was collecting dust. It wasn't a *bad* pin, but it didn't live up to all the hype with me. I got mine very early on, before prices really started climbing, and paid under 5k shipped from a friend in Germany for mine, and I sold it and made a few bucks after having it for 5 years.

I miss BSD and DH. JY, not so much. I had a LOT of NOS parts on my BSD that you just can't find anymore, and it had a PFR restored playfield. Cabinet was average at best.

People are discovering what a great game BSD is. It's also a bear to restore.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well if you would have been following along with the whole story on how I even put up my entire collection for sale. It didn't start off as a FS thread. It started off as a Rant on some other thread, when ever I would give a price quote, some jagoff would chime in and say it's worth double or triple that. So finally I was like, you know what. Fuck you. Think it's worth gold. Here's my shit and here's your pricing on it. That's how it started. I had no intention on any of my games going out the door. I had the top 22 games I wanted. My collection was exactly where I wanted it, and had every title I ever wanted. So no, it wasn't hypocritical. And I still can't believe the shit sold. Prices people are paying are absurd at best.
Do I miss my games. Absolutely. But there is no such thing as not for sale when it comes to material stuff. For anyone. If you say i'll never sell this game or that game. Bullshit. Everyone has a price, and finally you have to say. it's yours. I'll rebuy it down the road. (except my Miss World which is non replaceable). Nothing Hypocritical about that. I still think the price people are paying for stuff is way out of line.

So you had your dream/perfect collection, and you sold it at ridiculous prices to prove a point? --start sarcasm alert-- Suuuure you did. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the money. LOL --end sarcasm alert-- There's is no way anybody would sell half of their dream collection just to prove a point, that's ridiculous, and you know it. You knew the market was good and you could get top dollar right now, so you took advantage of it. I don't fault you for making money on your games; nobody wants to lose money. I fault you for doing what you you've bashed people for doing over the past years, which makes you a hypocrite.

If there is any point to be learned here, it's that you have been WRONG all these years about the low values you have been putting on pins, and the rest of us were right. Anyways, I don't care how it all started, you saw the $$$ and priced your games high after bashing others for doing the same, which makes you a hypocrite...slice it anyway you want.

Cash is king! Remember that the next time you want to bash somebody's pricing of a game!

#82 11 years ago

Thats a $2000 - $2500 at most BSD in my eyes

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

So you had your dream/perfect collection, and you sold it at ridiculous prices to prove a point? --start sarcasm alert-- Suuuure you did. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the money. LOL --end sarcasm alert-- There's is no way anybody would sell half of their dream collection just to prove a point, that's ridiculous, and you know it. You knew the market was good and you could get top dollar right now, so you took advantage of it. I don't fault you for making money on your games; nobody wants to lose money. I fault you for doing what you you've bashed people for doing over the past years, which makes you a hypocrite.
If there is any point to be learned here, it's that you have been WRONG all these years about the low values you have been putting on pins, and the rest of us were right. Anyways, I don't care how it all started, you saw the $$$ and priced your games high after bashing others for doing the same, which makes you a hypocrite...slice it anyway you want.
Cash is king! Remember that the next time you want to bash somebody's pricing of a game!

No, the reason I even put it up there was due to a rant. But I also said, there's no such thing as not for sale for anyone. If someone wants to shell out stupid amounts of money for something. Everyone has a price point, where they are going to say .....it's yours. I posted my collection at the price point, where I was only willing say..fine. You want to pay this. Then it's yours. The fact that listed the entire collection in the first place, was due to the rant. I didn't expect for one second, that it was going to sell like it did. There's no way in hell I would have paid those prices.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

No, the reason I even put it up there was due to a rant. But I also said, there's no such thing as not for sale for anyone. If someone wants to shell out stupid amounts of money for something. Everyone has a price point, where they are going to say .....it's yours. I posted my collection at the price point, where I was only willing say..fine. You want to pay this. Then it's yours. The fact that listed the entire collection in the first place, was due to the rant. I didn't expect for one second, that it was going to sell like it did. There's no way in hell I would have paid those prices.

Does anyone believe this - anyone? You're so full of it dude. Check out your post history, littered with crap loads of ridiculously overpriced pins. I hardly get the feeling from any of them you are not intending on selling...

You are a complete and utter hypocrite. You define this word. I want to rip into this fact every time I see either one of you posts for insane money, or one of your other posts for games that are not yours when you completely bash their reasonable price, and talk about 2005 pricing, but I usually can't muster the desire to bother.

Seriously, go play pinball and quit trying to educate the pinball world on pricing.

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The fact that listed the entire collection in the first place, was due to the rant. I didn't expect for one second, that it was going to sell like it did. There's no way in hell I would have paid those prices.

What a crock of shit! You should have listed them at reasonable prices, or not at all. You're blind as a bat if you don't see how this make you a hypocrite!!

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Does anyone believe this - anyone? You're so full of it dude. Check out your post history, littered with crap loads of ridiculously overpriced pins. I hardly get the feeling from any of them you are not intending on selling...
You are a complete and utter hypocrite. You define this word. I want to rip into this fact every time I see either one of you posts for insane money, or one of your other posts for games that are not yours when you completely bash their reasonable price, and talk about 2005 pricing, but I usually can't muster the desire to bother.
Seriously, go play pinball and quit trying to educate the pinball world on pricing.

Well then you arn't looking very hard. Games that I actually look to sell, are very reasonablly priced. Super nice pinbot $1600, was very reasonable. That minty chromed out breakshot $1500 was a deal. The paragon I have up right now $950 plays perfect, no broken plastics. crisp displays. Oh yea, i'm gouging hardcore on that one. Future spa, with perfect backglass, super nice playfield, minty fresh inside with red fade for $1000. Again. I'm running to the bank on that one. So if you look at my history. and your looking at my personal collection games. Yea, they were priced high. And even some of those were reasonable. Time machine and SST were actually in the ballpark because I could have freed up couple spaces, as I was getting overrun. Plenty of people here know me personally, and still can't believe I sold a bunch of my collection, knowing how much I loved a lot of those games. And it's still difficult to resist buying them back right away. If you throw out some outlandish price on your games, and people start snatching them up, you going to say no? I think not.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

A game is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the time. It also greatly depends on how bad someone wants the game, at that time. And I don't care if it's HUO, has the goodie bag still stapled inside, comes with the reciept and all the original crap or not. That stuff doesn't mean shit to me.
For me, condition is all that matters.
FWIW I have a local guy who has a minty looking BSD he offered up for sale for $4000. I've only seen pics but the pics make it look damn near perfect. I never really cared for the game but after recently shopping one out and selling it, I fell in love. I now want one and I want a mint one. How many of them are around? And how many of them are going to be local where you can actually check them out?
I'm hoping to look at it this weekend and if it's as nice as it looks, it's going to be mine.

I'm happy to report, I'm the proud new owner of BSD and the nicest f'ing HUO MB I've ever seen or seen pics of. Like I said, a game is worth whatever someone is willing to pay at any given time, and when I'm standing in a basement staring at 4 of the nicest looking original games I've ever seen, I'm getting out the checkbook. He also had a Pinball Magic and TOM.

The BSD wasn't HUO. It was on route for a week and was then purchased by a homeowner. Do I care that it's not true HUO. Hell no. It looks incredible both inside and out. In fact, all four games were unbelievably nice.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm happy to report, I'm the proud new owner of BSD and the nicest f'ing HUO MB I've ever seen or seen pics of.

Congrats on this great rare find!

#89 11 years ago

Congrats on score. Kruzman putting final touches on my playfield soon, drac getting restored. Great game!

#90 11 years ago

Game was not actually HUO, but a re-import. still extremely nice. Cabinet and playfield are great.
No battery leak, I could not believe it. Game looks like it was sitting for many years. Started shopping and cleaning. It will look amazing with Led's

001.jpg001.jpg 005.jpg005.jpg 007.jpg007.jpg 008.jpg008.jpg

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm happy to report, I'm the proud new owner of BSD and the nicest f'ing HUO MB I've ever seen or seen pics of. Like I said, a game is worth whatever someone is willing to pay at any given time, and when I'm standing in a basement staring at 4 of the nicest looking original games I've ever seen, I'm getting out the checkbook. He also had a Pinball Magic and TOM.

Wow.. HUO pinball magic.. now THAT'S a great find. I'd love to have that machine... congrats, Bryan!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 84.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-bsd/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.