View topic image gallery

008.jpg
007.jpg
005.jpg
001.jpg
Neo.jpg
image.jpg
people-in-line-at-usps.jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

What do you all think a HUO BSD is worth. Seller is a friend/co-worker says his father bought "new" it in 1994 and it has been played about an hour since. Resides in a airconditioned garage.

Post edited by mandelbloom : Changed back to more reflect orginal posting

#2 11 years ago

if it is the real deal maybe 3500? just a guess

#3 11 years ago

Assuming what your saying it true and there is no fade and everything is crisp, shiny and new with manual pack and goodie bags I would pay $5000 for this one of a kind! But lately these type of posts always seem to be way too good to be true...

#5 11 years ago

wow ok so maybe this is worth more than I think Keep the suggestions of what its worth coming.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

wow ok so maybe this is worth more than I think Keep the suggestions of what its worth coming.

it would sure be nice to verify all this with pics but I assume that's a long shot?

#7 11 years ago

Also he said he most likely does not have a receipt as proof, but of course proof is in the condition

#8 11 years ago

Someone would pay 5k easily if that's true, which I doubt it is. Mines SUPER nice and I'd probably try for 3k at the most if I ever wanted to sell it. 2500 for a friend

#9 11 years ago

4-5k easily. I had a nice one, but not HUO that sold a couple of years ago for $2500. I would think it would command more now.

I don't think to many BSD's were purchased by private home owners.

#10 11 years ago

Well I think the seller thinks its true..but he was a child when the game was supposedly purchased.

#11 11 years ago

I can't verify if my was HUO but it was in very good shape just a touch a fad on the front and right side "d" and I got $2400. Based on its shape, I would never pay $2500 more i.e. $5k for something that was certified as brand new with only a few plays. Even if it was never played, these games are meant to be played and still might have battery acid damage or other mechanical issues b/c it was never used. I think overpaying for BS is over rated. Either its in good shape and runs good or it doesn't.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Well I think the seller thinks its true..but he was a child when the game was supposedly purchased.

It would be one helluva a find if true but that's one big, huge... IF!

#13 11 years ago

Yea what he is asking is way more than I ever planned on paying for a BSD but I am intrigued now haha. At a minimum I want to see it if just to help him get the pics to the buyer.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I can't verify if my was HUO but it was in very good shape just a touch a fad on the front and right side "d" and I got $2400. Based on its shape, I would never pay $2500 more i.e. $5k for something that was certified as brand new with only a few plays. Even if it was never played, these games are meant to be played and still might have battery acid damage or other mechanical issues b/c it was never used. I think overpaying for BS is over rated. Either its in good shape and runs good or it doesn't.

BSD is a classic and in today's Pinball world $5k is nothing! If this is true I would pay $5k in a heartbeat and some big time collectors might even get up to $7500 if it is really NEW OUT OF BOX condition as it sounds. People are paying $7k plus for new Stern LE's today... they don't compare to this.

#15 11 years ago

I was going to sell my unfaded w/cleared playfield a couple of years ago and I remember people thought I'd be lucky to get over 2k for it. Really is amazing how the market has changed and especially on titles like BSD where a seller could often make more parting one than selling it. It nice to see all the new people people in the hobby but man has it made pin prices go through the roof.

#16 11 years ago

I'd pay 10K for this beauty !!

#17 11 years ago

A game is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the time. It also greatly depends on how bad someone wants the game, at that time. And I don't care if it's HUO, has the goodie bag still stapled inside, comes with the reciept and all the original crap or not. That stuff doesn't mean shit to me.

For me, condition is all that matters.

FWIW I have a local guy who has a minty looking BSD he offered up for sale for $4000. I've only seen pics but the pics make it look damn near perfect. I never really cared for the game but after recently shopping one out and selling it, I fell in love. I now want one and I want a mint one. How many of them are around? And how many of them are going to be local where you can actually check them out?

I'm hoping to look at it this weekend and if it's as nice as it looks, it's going to be mine.

#18 11 years ago

Just think if Stern or JJP decided to do a BSD LE remake limited to 1000 and pre sold it for $7500. Pay in full with delivery in 2015. Guess what, it would sell out in a month! Yet some think $5000 for an original BSD in this condition would be crazy... who are the crazy ones here?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

who are the crazy ones here?

The people who live in a " What if" world !

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The people who live in a " What if" world !

I guess that's all of us then...

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I was going to sell my unfaded w/cleared playfield a couple of years ago and I remember people thought I'd be lucky to get over 2k for it. Really is amazing how the market has changed and especially on titles like BSD where a seller could often make more parting one than selling it. It nice to see all the new people people in the hobby but man has it made pin prices go through the roof.

If you ever decide to sell I would gladly take it off your hands

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

A game is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the time. It also greatly depends on how bad someone wants the game, at that time. And I don't care if it's HUO, has the goodie bag still stapled inside, comes with the reciept and all the original crap or not. That stuff doesn't mean shit to me.
For me, condition is all that matters.
FWIW I have a local guy who has a minty looking BSD he offered up for sale for $4000. I've only seen pics but the pics make it look damn near perfect. I never really cared for the game but after recently shopping one out and selling it, I fell in love. I now want one and I want a mint one. How many of them are around? And how many of them are going to be local where you can actually check them out?
I'm hoping to look at it this weekend and if it's as nice as it looks, it's going to be mine.

One of the best pinballs ever if you like adrenalin

HUO don't mean nothing if stored in a damp place for example - no substitute for going to look at a pinball and using eyes to determine condition. Oh, and then phoning a friend

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

haha now you guys are patronizing.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If you ever decide to sell I would gladly take it off your hands

I actually have a line of people that want it. No joke.

#25 11 years ago

I actually have a line of people that want it. No joke.

Bobby, get in line with me! Hurry!

people-in-line-at-usps.jpgpeople-in-line-at-usps.jpg

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You lie, you bastard!!

#27 11 years ago

I'd pay $2k.

#28 11 years ago

Just for reference material for other people, you should post some pictures if you ever get any.

#29 11 years ago

I'm assuming you're the creepy kidnapper.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#30 11 years ago

If the condition was as I would expect for a HUO game like this, and I could go see the game first, and really, condition is king here with no fade and not a spec of wear, I would pay 2K + My really nice BSD. Mine is great, but this sounds like it would be a really nice upgrade.

But I would be inside the coin mechs with a flashlight. I'd be examining the dent at the end of the shooter lane where the ball comes off the launch ramp. I'd be using a microscope on the drop target to check for how many times it looked like it had been hit.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Tony, I know you really don't want Taylor's BSD. If it's not NIB, HUO, or HEP you don't own it

#32 11 years ago

$2k for a REALLY nice one. You can pay more than that if you NEED one now, but I wouldn't recommend doing that.
If people are paying much more than that, then I'll gladly step back & let them.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Ha - I actually just emailed Taylor about selling this last night. Taylor only sells pins every leap year

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

What are some of you guys smoking? Good lord.
I won't give what I think the price should be since I haven't researched it enough to give a proper answer.
But I can tell you what it isn't. It isn't an A title like MM & TZ.
Let's not make the game something it isn't & screw with the OP's head.
I hate to be price police, but I call foul on this thread.

I don't consider this price policing since the person posting isn't the one selling.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Tony, I know you really don't want Taylor's BSD. If it's not NIB, HUO, or HEP you don't own it

True, now that I reread it... sounds like a piece of junk!

#36 11 years ago

Where the hell are these prices coming from BSD is Dracula right? WTF? they used to be 800-1100 all day. Maybe a year ago, year and a half. I have seen them go as high as $2400 lately. But has to be unfaded nice originals. Still guessing average condition is still in the $1500 range.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'm assuming you're the creepy kidnapper.

maybe... but no one will miss her.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Where the hell are these prices coming from BSD is Dracula right? WTF? they used to be 800-1100 all day. Maybe a year ago, year and a half. I have seen them go as high as $2400 lately. But has to be unfaded nice originals. Still guessing average condition is still in the $1500 range.

you got here late... the original OP's topic title was asking for the value for a low play, mint, no fade HUO BSD. The title has since changed to 'BSD value' for some reason...

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

you got here late... the original OP's topic title was asking for the value for a low play, mint, no fade HUO BSD. The title has since changed to 'BSD value' for some reason...

If you look at the http address of this thread it still shows it

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-bsd

Neat little trick I came across one day.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If you look at the http address of this thread it still shows it
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-bsd#postbox

yep, he ain't fooling no one!

#41 11 years ago

Hmmm, whats up why he change that.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'll take average condition for $1500 all day long. I thought selling your collection taught you a bit about pricing.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Thats because others started seeking him out ...but its all good the cat is out of the bag now. I will say a very standup guy and fellow local emailed me asking if it was ok to contact him. I am hoping to get some more info tonight and either make a move on it or pass it on to the person who was kind enough to ask me assuming my friend doesnt get some crazy offer and price me out. I did mention to him that my post may stir up business.

#44 11 years ago

What's a good price on a standard faded BSD?

#45 11 years ago

Ok - I need one - i must have one

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Do you not remember the retarded prices you asked for your crap?

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Do you not remember the retarded prices you asked for your crap?

+1 so true. $3700 for a "blemished" "dirty" shadow.

#48 11 years ago

OK guys I dont think this is quite as advertised sorry I will post pics a some point once the game has sold.

P.S. To those of you who used my info to try and get the game over me hope you didnt anger the pinball gods LOL its all good knew posting this would make that happen.

#49 11 years ago

That is some shady stuff......just when you think guys in a tight knit group are "friends."

#50 11 years ago

I paid $2200 for mine, but it plays like it is worth $4000..............I love the game and cannot get enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 84.99
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-bsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.