Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5446-MMS-1474238533000-attachment1-20160918_131651 (resized).jpg
5445-MMS-1474229444268-attachment1-20160918_131641 (resized).jpg
5443-MMS-1474238534000-attachment1-20160918_131617 (resized).jpg
5444-MMS-1474229444268-attachment1-20160918_131626 (resized).jpg
5442-MMS-1474229444268-attachment1-20160918_131553 (resized).jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I have a buddy that is moving and selling his HUO BBH. He is not a "pinball guy" he just added this to his game room and barely ever played it. I dont think he ever took off the glass. He asked what he should sell it for and this is one of those games I really dont know as it is so rarely listed. Any ideas? If he doesnt sell it local I may list it here for him.

5442-MMS-1474229444268-attachment1-20160918_131553 (resized).jpg5442-MMS-1474229444268-attachment1-20160918_131553 (resized).jpg
5444-MMS-1474229444268-attachment1-20160918_131626 (resized).jpg5444-MMS-1474229444268-attachment1-20160918_131626 (resized).jpg
5443-MMS-1474238534000-attachment1-20160918_131617 (resized).jpg5443-MMS-1474238534000-attachment1-20160918_131617 (resized).jpg
5445-MMS-1474229444268-attachment1-20160918_131641 (resized).jpg5445-MMS-1474229444268-attachment1-20160918_131641 (resized).jpg
5446-MMS-1474238533000-attachment1-20160918_131651 (resized).jpg5446-MMS-1474238533000-attachment1-20160918_131651 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I'm going to say a great condition huo is about $3800 for me. $3500 of it needs torn down and shopped.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I'm going to say a great condition huo is about $3800 for me. $3500 of it needs torn down and shopped.

I would agree.

I would pay around $3800 if perfect and ready to rock.

Reality is there are too many other newer Sterns to be had for just slightly more which are way better. He will need to be below the HUO current Stern pricing in order to sell.

I would probably list at 4k and take best offer if I were him.

Hopefully Abacusman shows up again to tell us it is the best game ever (I miss that guy and his consimate BBH love)

#4 7 years ago

Tell him I'll buy it for $2500.

Tell him you'll buy it for $2500.

Where is it located?

#5 7 years ago

Always wanted one

#6 7 years ago

There is a routed one on mr pinball in ohio, a friend just bought that. It was on there for several weeks as well. Mind you he will not say what he ended up paying for it, but I highly doubt it was asking.

I am in the market right now. There is one up in chicago huo with a few mods for 4500. I passed and it has sat for several weeks. Talked to a few other potential buyers and same issue. The game is sought after due to its rarity. That being said it seems like people do not want to pay because while a decent and obscure game, once you get over 4k there is just a lot of competition. TSPP, Met Pro, Iron Man, and with luck LOTR.

This is unshopped if the friend never took the glass off. Even at low plays the game is six years old and needs to be shopped out. That is going to affect the price because whoever gets it needs to tear it down to enjoy it.

#7 7 years ago

I sold mine a couple months ago for $4,500. Took about a month to sell because I had one sell fall through that kept it tied up for three weeks...

#8 7 years ago

Why is there a hole in the front with no button in it? I have seen them with and without a button there.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I sold mine a couple months ago for $4,500. Took about a month to sell because I had one sell fall through that kept it tied up for three weeks...

Yours had a lot of mods though. This is bone stock. Not exactly a typical huo machine in your case.

Mirror blades
Coin taker game specific Interactive Back Box light kit ($350 mod)
Gorgeous powder brown coated armor and legs
Full coin taker LED conversion
Trilogybeer hand painted pingulp
Deer lit speaker grill
Gary Stern and John Borg autographs
Couple extra figures

Hole is for the tournament button. All had them, but you had to buy a kit to add the tournament topper.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yours had a lot of mods though. This is bone stock. Not exactly a typical huo machine in your case.

True. Mine was the absolute top end of the market for a blinged out low play HUO machine.

#11 7 years ago

$3600.
GLWS.

#12 7 years ago

Was thinking of selling mine, which has a clear coated PF. Yes I liked the game that much to have it cleared. It's such a good game though, I'm probably keeping it.

The multi-ball frenzy is crazy intense, kinda like BSD which I also love.

If I had to guess, most people don't even achieve a Super JP on this game.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Gorgeous powder brown coated armor and legs

There was nothing gorgeous about that poop brown powder coated armor. I had mine done in "Hunter Orange". Not exactly sleek, but fits the theme well and matches the arcade. I did green t-molding on the backbox and tried to add green where I could elsewhere to offset the orange a little.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

There was nothing gorgeous about that poop brown powder coated armor. I had mine done in "Hunter Orange". Not exactly sleek, but fits the theme well and matches the arcade. I did green t-molding on the backbox and tried to add green where I could elsewhere to offset the orange a little.

I quoted his ad directly. Personally not a fan of non-stock powdercoat.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

There was nothing gorgeous about that poop brown powder coated armor.

Yea, the orange you did was better. The brown did fit the theme though.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hopefully Abacusman shows up again to tell us it is the best game ever (I miss that guy and his consimate BBH love)

Funny enough he made a post a few years ago that he was just trolling that position from the start. He even included a poll asking who all knew he was trolling. LOL...that was several years ago.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I quoted his ad directly. Personally not a fan of non-stock powdercoat.

I know you quoted the ad, but the fact remains!

Also note, one of the reasons I had it cleared, was the factory clear on mine was so thin. I dunno if that was the norm for BBH or not. I think Avatar Pro was like that too. Where as my 2010 IM has a pretty nice clear.

Once I saw how the buck drags across the PF like that, I was like no way. Even after clear coating, I still laid down 2 thin strips of mylar where the buck contacts PF. I have seen other owners do this as well.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Funny enough he made a post a few years ago that he was just trolling that position from the start. He even included a poll asking who all knew he was trolling. LOL...that was several years ago.

I know and loved his schtick

#19 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies.. game is in Westchester.. i will be speaking to him next week and if he wants me to sell it for him I will let those that contacted me know.. thanks.

1 month later
#20 7 years ago

Game is posted for sale.. tried to set a reasonable price in light of the Ebay listings he saw and what i know to be a fair price point.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Selling a Big Buck Hunter Pro for a friend. HUO, VERY little play. Was set up in his gameroom. Not a pinball guy and he said it was rarely played and the pics show that to be the ...”
2017-02-07
Bedford, NY
Archived after: 711 days
Viewed: 1195 times

#21 7 years ago

I think you are off by $1,000 but I guess we'll find out.

#22 7 years ago

I think it is a fair starting point, although if he wants to move it he may need to accept significantly less. It all depends on the market at the moment - BBH is rare enough that if you are looking for one, they are difficult to find and your price seems completely reasonable. If you are looking to sell one though and people aren't looking to buy, they just don't move quickly.

I ended up with one about a year ago that may be HUO although it wasn't sold to me that way. Mine is basically stock.

I find the game phenomenal. Seriously. To me, you need to set this one up extra fast and it is great. The gameplay on it is actually very similar to IM - it was the game directly before it, and a lot of the rules of IM actually originated in BBH. On top of that, unlike IM, BBH has a layout unique to it, while IM was a rehash of AP for monetary reasons.

Having said all this, IM is my favorite game, so I'm not saying BBH is better than it, but it's pretty darn good. I think a lot of people don't like the Elk Flipper feature, and they find the four levels of Bird Multiball to be too tough. The roadblocks to the wizard mode in IM are less "standard gameplay" than those.

Having said all that, BBH is somewhere in my top five Stern machines, with IM, Metallica, and Tron rounding out that group. I'm really glad I got mine! GLWTS!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

There is a routed one on mr pinball in ohio, a friend just bought that. It was on there for several weeks as well. Mind you he will not say what he ended up paying for it, but I highly doubt it was asking.
I am in the market right now. There is one up in chicago huo with a few mods for 4500. I passed and it has sat for several weeks. Talked to a few other potential buyers and same issue. The game is sought after due to its rarity. That being said it seems like people do not want to pay because while a decent and obscure game, once you get over 4k there is just a lot of competition. TSPP, Met Pro, Iron Man, and with luck LOTR.
This is unshopped if the friend never took the glass off. Even at low plays the game is six years old and needs to be shopped out. That is going to affect the price because whoever gets it needs to tear it down to enjoy it.

If it was barely played, it should not need to be shopped. I have bought multiple low-play HUO Sterns older than BBH which all played good as new.

I have no clue why anyone would pay $4500 for this. It's not great pin. I'm thinking $3500 is more in line.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I have no clue why anyone would pay $4500 for this. It's not great pin. I'm thinking $3500 is more in line.

Like I said, it's all timing. I paid significantly less than $4500 for mine, but when I had it at the MGC this past year I was offered $4500+ for it. Twice. I really had to think about it, but ended up opting not to sell simply because they come up so rarely that it might be another three or more years before I found another one... that is how long I was looking for the first.

With a game as rare as BBH, it's all about timing and who is looking at that particular moment. $3000 might be the right price, and it might sell at full price in a minute.

#25 7 years ago

I am listing it for the price the owner wants me to list it for. Certainly think the price is doable considering the rarity and how little it was played but of course it doesn't sell at that price he will take best offer.

All comments and bumps welcome!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If it was barely played, it should not need to be shopped. I have bought multiple low-play HUO Sterns older than BBH which all played good as new.

Rubber hardens with age. You need to tear it down to replace the rubber. Dust gets in the machine regardless and it builds up over time. So, yeah it needs a shop if you want it to play like new.

As for the owner asking 4475, its greed. He asked, the consensus was 3500 because it needs work. This is why you have Stern wanting 15k for their newest super le, because each fool on here thinks they should get more than the last one and trying to jack up prices.

To the OP, I was out before you messaged me, spent my funds on breakshot, mystery castle, and als garage band. Not your buyer, but my comment about greed still stands.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Rubber hardens with age. You need to tear it down to replace the rubber. Dust gets in the machine regardless and it builds up over time. So, yeah it needs a shop if you want it to play like new.
As for the owner asking 4475, its greed. He asked, the consensus was 3500 because it needs work. This is why you have Stern wanting 15k for their newest super le, because each fool on here thinks they should get more than the last one and trying to jack up prices.
To the OP, I was out before you messaged me, spent my funds on breakshot, mystery castle, and als garage band. Not your buyer, but my comment about greed still stands.

"greed" is a pretty silly way to put it. The guy thinks that's a fair asking price. He's wrong. he'll find out and either keep the game or reduce his price. If he really wants to sell it I put the number around $3500 (and even then I doubt it flies out the door) - it's a mediocre game and a crummy theme.

But "greed?" Why does everything have to be put in terms of good and evil these days? Dude just wants to get money for a pinball machine.

#28 7 years ago

Yes the price may seem high but that might be intentional so that people who are interested will message him; therefore the selling price might be around 3500 after a deal is settled with.
After all its worth how much someone is willing to pay for it.
GLWS

#29 7 years ago

I have always wanted a BBH, if anyone in Florida has one let me know. GLWTS

#30 7 years ago

Regardelss - Joe the seller or sellers rep is a great guy to deal with.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

tried to set a reasonable price in light of the Ebay listings he saw

You lost me right here!

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

tried to set a reasonable price in light of the Ebay listings he saw

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"greed" is a pretty silly way to put it. The guy thinks that's a fair asking price. He's wrong. he'll find out and either keep the game or reduce his price. If he really wants to sell it I put the number around $3500 (and even then I doubt it flies out the door) - it's a mediocre game and a crummy theme.
But "greed?" Why does everything have to be put in terms of good and evil these days? Dude just wants to get money for a pinball machine.

greed
ɡrēd/
noun
intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food.

I do not see good or evil in there.

#34 7 years ago

If he wanted to just base his price off eBay prices, why did you even bother asking the more knowledgeable Pinside community?

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

If he wanted to just base his price off eBay prices, why did you even bother asking the more knowledgeable Pinside community?

He asked for opinions of value...opinions. He gets a price point from eBay, a price point from Pinside. From there it's completely his right to decide where to price it. If you don't like his asking price, then you just move along and don't buy it.

If a friend asks for your advice on something and then decides not to follow it, do you get pissed and say he wasted your time? No.

JoeJet is a straight shooter and a gentleman. GLWTS Joe.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Quoted from goatdan:

I think it is a fair starting point, although if he wants to move it he may need to accept significantly less. It all depends on the market at the moment - BBH is rare enough that if you are looking for one, they are difficult to find and your price seems completely reasonable.

Agreed, thats why it was set at that point.

Quoted from dung:

Thanks for your opinion, Dung.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"greed" is a pretty silly way to put it. The guy thinks that's a fair asking price.

Actually, its more like a fair asking price for the seller but since he said he saw games sell on Ebay for 5500, and there is at least one 4500 sale in this thread I thought going under that point would be a fair price to start. You know what is like to convince someone the price of something after they see Ebay pricing.

Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Yes the price may seem high but that might be intentional so that people who are interested will message him; therefore the selling price might be around 3500 after a deal is settled with.
After all its worth how much someone is willing to pay for it.

Absolutely.

Quoted from TxJay:

You lost me right here!

He is not a pinhead. How to I tell him to start at 4K when he said he saw games sell for 5500? Who cares really? Its his game and if you are not interested in that price you can choose to not buy it. If you want to make an offer.. have at it. Have a 3K offer so far...

Quoted from Bugsy:

So that i could educate him on the going price here should he choose to list it.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Regardelss - Joe the seller or sellers rep is a great guy to deal with.

Thanks!

Quoted from Multiball1:

He asked for opinions of value...opinions. He gets a price point from eBay, a price point from Pinside. From there it's completely his right to decide where to price it. If you don't like his asking price, then you just move along and don't buy it.
If a friend asks for your advice on something and then decides not to follow it, do you get pissed and say he wasted your time? No.
JoeJet is a straight shooter and a gentleman. GLWTS Joe.

Thanks.. its amazing how twisted out of shape people get about the stupidest things. lol

#38 7 years ago

I think 3800 is right

#39 7 years ago

I would be a buyer at 3500

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

its amazing how twisted out of shape people get

LOL, so commenting on your post is getting "twisted out of shape"? WTF? Sensitive much? Good luck with your sale!

#41 7 years ago

It sure would look nice next to my bbh pro vid but I don't have the room. I would think it would be hard to find one for under 4k since you hardly ever see them for sale.

#42 7 years ago

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

LOL, so commenting on your post is getting "twisted out of shape"? WTF? Sensitive much? Good luck with your sale!

Reading comprehension trouble much?

It's not "his sale."

What is it about FS threads that cause people to lose all sense of perspective, reason, and comprehension?

As for the game, he's got as high as a 3500 offer in this thread. But when push comes to shove, I wonder if the guy could REALLY pull the trigger on a $3500 Big Buck Hunter.

I mean, it's Big Buck Hunter.

#44 7 years ago

I could pull the trigger at $3500.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I am sensitive because I commented other people are getting twisted out of shape? ha...

PS - Blaming some guy who wants to sell a game for the best price he can get for the reason the entire pinball community has to pay 15K for Batman66 is perfectly sane.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As for the game, he's got as high as a 3500 offer in this thread. But when push comes to shove, I wonder if the guy could REALLY pull the trigger on a $3500 Big Buck Hunter.

Thanks Levi for being a voice of reason.

Hey.. if it doesnt sell maybe you can help him out and take some low effort iphone pics of the game on his lawn..

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At $3500, I'd probably become a buyer again. To flip it.

...and I don't flip games. I just know that there is more demand than people give it credit for... It's a much more specific demand because the people who want is aren't worried about the theme, but due to it's rarity... it is still in demand.

It also earns really well for route ops, or at least the ones I know, so if you get down to that level, it might get swooped up to be put out on location...

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

At $3500, I'd probably become a buyer again. To flip it.
...and I don't flip games. I just know that there is more demand than people give it credit for... It's a much more specific demand because the people who want is aren't worried about the theme, but due to it's rarity... it is still in demand.
It also earns really well for route ops, or at least the ones I know, so if you get down to that level, it might get swooped up to be put out on location...

I like flipping games as much as the next guy, but you are talking about an unpopular game that's going to take up space cash you could better use otherwise. For what, to make $200?

I don't see a lot of meat on the bone at $3500 for this particular title!

#49 7 years ago

$3501

#50 7 years ago

I think the seller is doing the right thing. List it high and see where it goes.

At least we know that the floor is now $3,500.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-big-buck-hunter-1?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.