Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0027 (resized).JPG
IMG_4505 (resized).JPG
IMG_0745 (resized).JPG
IMG_0746 (resized).JPG
IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
IMG_0747 (resized).JPG
IMG_0742 (resized).JPG
IMG_0680 (resized).JPG
IMG_0679 (resized).JPG
IMG_0677 (resized).JPG
IMG_0678 (resized).JPG
IMG_0676 (resized).JPG
IMG_0674 (resized).JPG
IMG_0675 (resized).JPG
IMG_0673 (resized).JPG

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

I've purchased from these fellas, it was an extremely nice original MB. They are friends. They work in the same area, and do see each other regularly. These are stand up guys as far as I can tell.

I don't know them personally, besides our singular transaction, but in no way do I believe they are trying to solicit bids. I believe it was quite plainly explained that someone is interested and they wanted to see what price jives with this unique machine.

My wife loves her MB. It is gorgeous. Thanks guys.

#52 1 year ago

Hey Cary, great to hear your wife likes the game. It is a nice one. Just FYI, we haven't even received an offer on the BR just wondering what it's worth. If anybody wants an unsolicited opinion please reach out to Martin from PinBits. We do a lot of work together, he sorts the electronics and we make some metal parts for him. He currently has a machine in our shop getting sorted.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bryan is correct. The real buyers are not here for a rare titel like this in nice condition.
There is a WHOLE other market for the high end stuff.

Real high end collectors are here on Pinside - they just don't waste a lot of time posting here. I have never seen a more than a post or two out of any on my higher end customers. Typically they just quietly watch what is going on and buy the nice stuff while most people here are debating why there are no pictures of something specific or what is this seller up to.

Not trying to pick a fight - just stating my experience with the money buyers!

#55 1 year ago

Seems like a very "fair" starting point for a machine that nice. From the ones I have seen sold here on the east coast for nearly $5000 with issues both mechanically and cosmetically I think your starting price is right in line with where it should be. Someone is going to own a very nice BR regardless if it is restored or HUO and that is all that really counts.

If you look at the price of HEP, Heatherly, Ron from in by Phila, PA, GRC and some of the other guys that do nice restoration work their machines typically sell for as much or more than most HUO machines anyway. So what does it really matter. Best of luck with your sale!

I wouldn't be in any real big hurry to take the first offer if I owned it.

#56 1 year ago

Coming from a guy who sells on ebay, amazon CL and other venues... your pics and game presentation are horrible. If you're trying to get top dollar for a pinball game, clean it up really nice (shop it & get rid of the dirty rubbers), take many good pics and even an HD video of the game playing. Your ad quality is for that of a $4000 game maybe.

#57 1 year ago

I have seen a few BR sell in the bay area with reproduction playfields for $4k not $8.2k I guess times have changed rapidly.

#58 1 year ago

Personally I don't blame the seller for starting high. Overall machine looks very nice. As far as shopping it out if I was the buyer I would prefer just doing that myself anyway. Pictures - I do have to agree - if you are asking top dollar for something at least post decent pictures of it unless you are only looking for a local sale.

Bottom line - buyers set the price not the seller. A seller can ask what ever they want for a machines if it sells at their asking price their price was in line - if not then they need to decide what they are willing to take for their item. Personally - I typically sell my machines for under market value because I like to keep stuff moving. But if I had a nice example of a machine I was in no hurry to sell I wouldn't give it away just to see someone else list it for a large profit 2 weeks down the road after they shopped it and tossed in a few LED's.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I have seen a few BR sell in the bay area with reproduction playfields for $4k not $8.2k I guess times have changed rapidly.

Where did these reproduction playfields come from? AFAIK the only repro playfields are the ones in the pipe at CPR. Did someone else make playfields for this game?

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Where did these reproduction playfields come from? AFAIK the only repro playfields are the ones in the pipe at CPR. Did someone else make playfields for this game?

A while back some BR had reproductions. However the waiting list now at CPR is prob miles long. The guy who sold his BR in the bay area had one. I already own a BR so at the time I did not see buying another one. $4k with a minty playfield, now I wish I had.

#61 1 year ago

A while back yes. Some people got a few. However the waiting list now is prob miles long.

So who made them?

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from Radius118:

So who made them?

I have no idea. I could even be mistaken and the seller had a clearcoated and restored PF and called it reproduction. I cant remember.

#63 1 year ago

I have no idea. I could even be mistaken and the seller had a clearcoated and restored PF and called it reproduction. I cant remember.

Ok no worries.. I wasn't calling you out or anything just trying to find out if someone *other* than CPR had remade BR playfields.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Ok no worries.. I wasn't calling you out or anything just trying to find out if someone *other* than CPR had remade BR playfields.

Wish I could find one, considering I bought my BR for $2.8k I would be sitting on a pretty nice pin if I had a perfect PF. However, this is one of the only pins that I am ok with yellowing. The bright white checker messes with my eyes and I think the yellowed white fits the dirtbike theme

#65 1 year ago

Wish I could find one, considering I bought my BR for $2.8k I would be sitting on a pretty nice pin if I had a perfect PF. However, this is one of the only pins that I am ok with yellowing. The bright white checker messes with my eyes and I think the yellowed white fits the dirtbike theme

Which is why I was asking.. My BR is currently folded up in storage awaiting restoration. I bought it over 10 years ago... So you can imagine what I probably paid for it.

I also have a for real NOS plastic set for it that cost me a fortune..

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is not often I agree with Dung, but I think the asking market may be 4500.
The selling market is definately under 4k, and for 4k it better be nice.
After seeing the limited photos this HUO one looks pretty nice, but it is a limited market. Seller could likely get 6k,, but they will need to find the right buyer.
5500 is more in the 'fair' range and that assumes the real life condition matches the limited photos.

Whysnow must be looking for a Banzai Run.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Whysnow must be looking for a Banzai Run.

nope, not actively.

When owners of the game are quoting a similar price, then you know I am right in line.

8200 is a laughable price IMO, but there is a sucker born everyday. Whom am I to talk. I gave a fat stoner wearing a skully 3k for a machine that will never exist, lol.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope, not actively.
When owners of the game are quoting a similar price, then you know I am right in line.
8200 is a laughable price IMO, but there is a sucker born everyday. Whom am I to talk. I gave a fat stoner wearing a skully 3k for a machine that will never exist, lol.

Just giving you a hard time . I actually agree with you, 8k is way too much for this game. But like you said, there may be someone out there willing to pay it!

1 week later
#69 1 year ago

Game is sold.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from revson:

Game is sold.

So obviously the $64,000 question is: What did it actually sell for?

Not to pry into your business, but it would be nice to make this public information so there was some historical data for a game as nice as this.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Does it really matter? ...all that matters is the condition and this one is beautiful .

this is why the HUO label is pointless, especially in a situation like this where it's impossible to prove its history.

indeed, the only evidence that it is HUO is the observable condition of the game in the first place - proving that condition is what matters.

it is clearly a super-nice Banzai Run and no doubt sold at the high end of the spectrum for that game.

anyone that pays a premium because of an unverifiable claim of "HUO" is a sucker, though.

#72 1 year ago

Sold for asking price. I did post the sale price on the ad.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from revson:

Sold for asking price. I did post the sale price on the ad.

Thank you..

I looked at the ad.. I must have missed it. :/

1 week later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,200.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 229.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 1,400.00
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside