IMG_0680 (resized).JPG
IMG_0679 (resized).JPG
IMG_0677 (resized).JPG
IMG_0678 (resized).JPG
IMG_0676 (resized).JPG
IMG_0674 (resized).JPG
IMG_0675 (resized).JPG
IMG_0673 (resized).JPG
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Don't have receipts to verify, but if you see it you'll believe it.

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from vontrex:

Don't have receipts to verify, but if you see it you'll believe it.

Location matters, but in general there seem to be lots of nice Banzais for sale, people have been asking too much, and they have been sitting.

#3 7 years ago

Does it have a diamond coated playfield? (Not many do, if it does that adds about $400 in value to it over whatever numbers people throw out because the top restorers will actually restore it).

#4 7 years ago

Awesome game! I wish I didn't sell mine!! Price?? Pm for deal

#5 7 years ago

Has XR7 playfield.

#6 7 years ago

Cue "huo doesn't matter, condition is king!!!!" Posts.

But back on planet earth, if it's a real huo banzai in real huo shape...I don't know, $8000?

A pretty penny, that's for sure.

#7 7 years ago

I'd have to say between 6K-10K honestly I'd much rather have a HUO-DP-PF BR than any new Stern!!!

#8 7 years ago

There are @12 xr7 playfields. Of those 12 very few had both upper and lower xr7. 2 of those xr7 Chris did at HEP. One of those is sitting here. I do not believe any of those test pre diamond plate were HUO. It might be mint but to say it went from the factory to someone's home for a 30+ year old game without docs is a tough claim. The xr7 was an experimental prototype playfield.

#9 7 years ago

I've owned it for 20 years. Someone was interesting in buying it so I was just wanting to find out what a fair price would be. Instead of
going through a long winded description of the games condition I felt HUO was a quicker was to describe it. Not trying to fool anyone
just looking for price of game in that condition.

#10 7 years ago

If something is HUO or carefully taken care of in the wild does it really matter? My uncle had a little cafeteria, I mean this place was small about 500 sqft inside Rosecroft Raceway in Maryland. Well he had a Ms Pac man and after 20 years that thing still looked fresh off the truck man!

#11 7 years ago

I'd say your huo BR was worth 6k +/- 1k. Probably needs to be shopped and cleaned. Cabinet likely has some dings and scrapes. Upper playfield glass should have crisp and unfaded artwork. White on playfield should look white not yellow, and boards should look clean too. Finally, shooter lane may show signs of slight wear.

#12 7 years ago

Tough choice. I have BR and love it. Mine is rough and routed. I've looked at amazing, if not mint, examples in the 7k range and passed. That's only my personal budget speaking. My best estimate is 5-7k about like a modern NIB game. Rarity and condition both apply. Lastly, value to you.

I wish I could see it. I'm a little jealous.

#13 7 years ago

I thought I had the nicest BR in Jersey until Shlocdoc let out about his HEP XR7 PHD ABC XYZ 1 of 2 .......... you get the point, one.

That being said , they will most likely only sell to guys with larger collections who value its history / relatively simple game play to comparably priced more modern games. There are a few sitting now. Certainly not in the condition you describe.

I love mine and would not let it go for the 6K number, but to sell it ,I think you are in the mid to hi 5's. If you do want to sell, I know someone who would be interested.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from vontrex:

Instead of going through a long winded description of the games condition I felt HUO was a quicker was to describe it. ...just looking for price of game in that condition.

HUO is not a condition. It's not a useful term for determining price.

#15 7 years ago

Can't put a value on this without good pics. Could be nice clean HUO, or HUO neglected.

#16 7 years ago

I'll chime in here, as I see this game every week. It looks like it just came out of the box. The cab is perfect as is the PF. I'll post pix Monday as my friend is upload challenged. Rest assured it is as perfect as you will ever see.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cue "huo doesn't matter, condition is king!!!!" Posts.
But back on planet earth, if it's a real huo banzai in real huo shape...I don't know, $8000?
A pretty penny, that's for sure.

http://webpages.charter.net/schudel5/gameroom/dpbanzai/

Pictures of mine from 11 years ago. Slight routed, XR7 lower playfield and mylared upper playfield. I had a legitimate offer about 4 years ago 12.5% more than Levi's estimate.

#18 7 years ago

Here are a few pix. It will be going up in about a week.

IMG_0673 (resized).JPGIMG_0673 (resized).JPG

IMG_0675 (resized).JPGIMG_0675 (resized).JPG

IMG_0674 (resized).JPGIMG_0674 (resized).JPG

IMG_0676 (resized).JPGIMG_0676 (resized).JPG

IMG_0678 (resized).JPGIMG_0678 (resized).JPG

IMG_0677 (resized).JPGIMG_0677 (resized).JPG

IMG_0679 (resized).JPGIMG_0679 (resized).JPG

IMG_0680 (resized).JPGIMG_0680 (resized).JPG

#19 7 years ago

That does look like a super nice example. That would be a hard game for me to value.

#20 7 years ago

Dig through the sales for the past year. There have been average machines that sat and sold in the low 3k's. There was another average one for 3800 late last year that failed to sell off here/facebook/cl. Someone is trying to shop around an average for 5k and the folks I know are just laughing about it. Semi restored starts bringing mid 4+. It just depends on how restored it is.

6K for this give or take for this one. Much more and you are into HEP territory. Unless someone just is after the nicest original banzai run this might take a little while to sell. You are looking for a very specific buyer.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Dig through the sales for the past year. There have been average machines that sat and sold in the low 3k's. There was another average one for 3800 late last year that failed to sell off here/facebook/cl. Someone is trying to shop around an average for 5k and the folks I know are just laughing about it. Semi restored starts bringing mid 4+. It just depends on how restored it is.
6K for this give or take for this one. Much more and you are into HEP territory. Unless someone just is after the nicest original banzai run this might take a little while to sell. You are looking for a very specific buyer.

I have kind of been watching this title and I yet to see one sold for under $4500 in this area over the past couple years. I think $4500 to $5000 for one in average condition is crazy high but that seems to be where the market is at on them right now. As nice as the one you asked about is I could see $7000 as realistic and $6500 being "fair" to both buyer & seller. Just my 2 cents on this!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I think $4500 to $5000 for one in average condition is crazy high but that seems to be where the market is at on them right now.

It is not often I agree with Dung, but I think the asking market may be 4500.

The selling market is definately under 4k, and for 4k it better be nice.

After seeing the limited photos this HUO one looks pretty nice, but it is a limited market. Seller could likely get 6k,, but they will need to find the right buyer.

5500 is more in the 'fair' range and that assumes the real life condition matches the limited photos.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

And how many of those were HUO?

Those three magic letters on a top title from 1988 make a huge difference to new money pinball collectors. A little patience and it's an $8000 game. Maybe $10,000.

There's probably a dozen guys here who had to go to the bathroom to rub one out after seeing that shooter lane pic.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's probably a dozen guys here who had to go to the bathroom to rub one out after seeing that shooter lane pic.

The shooter pic did nothing for me, I have high standards.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Those three magic letters on a top title from 1988 make a huge difference to new money pinball collectors. A little patience and it's an $8000 game. Maybe $10,000.

Ignoring the argument over the value of HUO. This one isn't. If it is an XR7 then it got used on location. It looks to be an extremely nice clearcoated banzai run, but the market for the game is under 4k for your typical routed one. 6k is already a 50 percent premium for the condition and playfield.

8k, 10k, sure just show me a fool willing to pony up. I know a woman just bought a prototype agbgowt yesterday for 2600. She knew nothing about pinball machines. She bought it as a valentine's day gift for her son.

I have kind of been watching this title and I yet to see one sold for under $4500 in this area over the past couple years. I think $4500 to $5000 for one in average condition is crazy high but that seems to be where the market is at on them right now. As nice as the one you asked about is I could see $7000 as realistic and $6500 being "fair" to both buyer & seller. Just my 2 cents on this!

I haven't seen a garage full of warehouse raid games with prices either, but maybe I have not been looking hard enough?

#26 7 years ago

This thread made me look for vids, I've never seen a Banzai Run before. I'd always assumed it was some sort of future theme (I guess I pictured "Buckaroo Banzai" crossed with "Logans Run" for the title). Never would have guessed a racing theme. Looks like a cool game.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from revson:

Here are a few pix. It will be going up in about a week.

Is that a sprint car in the background?

Dan

#28 7 years ago

Why would a XR7 game have to have been routed? If it was routed, it was played by angels with the softest gloves ever. This thing is stunningly perfect.

That is a sprint car.

IMG_0742 (resized).JPGIMG_0742 (resized).JPG

IMG_0747 (resized).JPGIMG_0747 (resized).JPG

IMG_0743 (resized).JPGIMG_0743 (resized).JPG

IMG_0746 (resized).JPGIMG_0746 (resized).JPG

IMG_0745 (resized).JPGIMG_0745 (resized).JPG

#29 7 years ago

Figure out a price and pm me please.

#30 7 years ago

Coin door refurbished?

Looks fresh, but not factory. Also, whomever did it forgot the top bolt when reinstalling the door.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from revson:

Why would a XR7 game have to have been routed?

Because it was used to test the Sun Process of automotive cleaecoating. They put it on some games and sent them out on location to test the durability of the finish.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from revson:

Why would a XR7 game have to have been routed? If it was routed, it was played by angels with the softest gloves ever. This thing is stunningly perfect.
That is a sprint car.

HUO system 11's are rare. Rare as hen's teeth.

XR7 required Williams to order a special batch of playfields. The purpose of which was to test a potential process by which to decrease wear under heavy use. The key here is in order for them to test it, it had to get used.

So, the notion that you have an 80's game with no paper trail. A game that is uncommon to find huo. A game that stands out among others of its kind due to the test nature of the playfield. That this game is somehow managed to avoid to see route use for 30 years, yep calling it bull. You can use all the angelic hyperbole you like, but you have what you have. A very nice example of a clearcoated banazai run.

For the record, someone could have restored a banzai run in the 90's and written XR7 in sharpie on it and frankly most of us would not be able to tell the difference. I'd buy that long before your huo story of angel gloved homeowners having only touched it.

#33 7 years ago

The door is how we received it. Just curious, why does it not look factory?

#34 7 years ago

Does it really matter? ...all that matters is the condition and this one is beautiful .

#35 7 years ago

Dung, all I can say is this is the condition it was in when we got it 15ish years ago. This was before all the HEP hysteria and every game having to be perfect.

Having said all that, it is what it is.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from revson:

Dung, all I can say is this is the condition it was in when we got it 15ish years ago. This was before all the HEP hysteria and every game having to be perfect.
Having said all that, it is what it is.

And 15 years ago it was a 14 year old machine. The hep hysteria might not have been in full effect but people have been restoring machines since before banzai run was made.

Stop trying to claim its something that you have no proof of and just call it like it is. A very nice example of what appears to be a rare XR7 Banzai run. That alone should be enough.

#37 7 years ago

Great game, Pat Lawlors best .

#38 7 years ago

IT IS WHAT IT IS. It basically says that in the first post. "Don't have receipts to verify". That means I can't say it is but sure as hell looks like it.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Coin door refurbished?
Looks fresh, but not factory. Also, whomever did it forgot the top bolt when reinstalling the door.

It is the same style door as on my Banzai Run, mine is an XR7 prototype. I am quite sure mine has the original door on it

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from revson:

The door is how we received it. Just curious, why does it not look factory?

the spatter pattern looks off, but what I noticed right way is that the top bolt was missing >> insinuating the door was removed for refurbishing.

Either way, are you selling this or not?

It all seems kind of weird that the OP posted this as a price check, but then you come in stating you see the game every week (inferring you are friends but OP is photo challenged)

Quoted from revson:

I'll chime in here, as I see this game every week. It looks like it just came out of the box. The cab is perfect as is the PF. I'll post pix Monday as my friend is upload challenged. Rest assured it is as perfect as you will ever see.

then you use the language of "we received it" insinuating that it is in fact your game along with the OP.

just odd all around.

does not negate that it is a nice looking Banzaii.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

then you use the language of "we received it" insinuating that it is in fact your game along with the OP.
just odd all around.
does not negate that it is a nice looking Banzaii.

It appears to be in a race teams shop - or some type of shop. Why can't someone say "we" without someone else reading something odd into it? Most race teams are a group of friends that work together like family!

The thing I hate about Pinside & about 25% of the people on Pinside is it seems like they are just here to cause trouble. A few weeks back I put a post up about a warehouse find and everyone start making it into a bash fest instead of just hearing what I was trying to say. Here a guy that doesn't use a camera wanted an about value on a machine in "like" HUO condition" - asked a friend to post a few pictures - and everyone is too busy questioning ever little non related detail instead of just giving the guy a straight up answer to the question?

I agree HUO is an overused term but that machine sure as hell looks HUO to me!

#42 7 years ago

XR7 marking from flippers.be website.

IMG_4505 (resized).JPGIMG_4505 (resized).JPG

#43 7 years ago

It appears to be in a race teams shop - or some type of shop. Why can't someone say "we" without someone else reading something odd into it? Most race teams are a group of friends that work together like family!
The thing I hate about Pinside & about 25% of the people on Pinside is it seems like they are just here to cause trouble. A few weeks back I put a post up about a warehouse find and everyone start making it into a bash fest instead of just hearing what I was trying to say. Here a guy that doesn't use a camera wanted an about value on a machine in "like" HUO condition" - asked a friend to post a few pictures - and everyone is too busy questioning ever little non related detail instead of just giving the guy a straight up answer to the question?
I agree HUO is an overused term but that machine sure as hell looks HUO to me!

sorry but I call BS. Just does not pass the smell test. Normal people just list the game on their own and make it happen.

We have 2 different users here that both have a history of selling high end games and parts along with other NOS stuff. 1 shows up with a vague price check, no photos, and minimal description. Then a second shows up with photos and a few oddities in the photos.
They want a price check on a game that seems to be in their wheel house of prior sales. It is both smart and healthy for the community to be skeptical and request some vetting.

I have to say I was entirely on your side and what you claimed to have been trying to do with your original warehouse raid sale, but from what it seems you have been selling everything under the table, when you originally came to the community and promised a plan for transparancy and openness in your selling of games (i.e. no funny business). Now all I see are a trail of locked threads and now listing of individual games and then selling multiple games under a crappy game listing. To me that whole thing is more reaosn for people to be skeptical. You pulled the classic bait and switch in order to get people hyped. Some people( like me) defended you and then we look even dumber once you turned around and did what others said you would.

This whole thread appears to be a baited way to solicit offers under the table on a rare game. Funny part is that they obviously have not sold it yet, so they had an idea of what they thought it worth fromt he onset, but nobody has bid high enough...

All adds to the idea that and buyer should do their due diligence when dealing with any seller (esp with one that has less than up front and transparent behavior).

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry but I call BS. Just does not pass the smell test. Normal people just list the game on their own and make it happen.
We have 2 different users here that both have a history of selling high end games and parts along with other NOS stuff. 1 shows up with a vague price check, no photos, and minimal description. Then a second shows up with photos and a few oddities in the photos.
They want a price check on a game that seems to be in their wheel house of prior sales. It is both smart and healthy for the community to be skeptical and request some vetting.
I have to say I was entirely on your side and what you claimed to have been trying to do with your original warehouse raid sale, but from what it seems you have been selling everything under the table, when you originally came to the community and promised a plan for transparancy and openness in your selling of games (i.e. no funny business). Now all I see are a trail of locked threads and now listing of individual games and then selling multiple games under a crappy game listing. To me that whole thing is more reaosn for people to be skeptical. You pulled the classic bait and switch in order to get people hyped. Some people( like me) defended you and then we look even dumber once you turned around and did what others said you would.
This whole thread appears to be a baited way to solicit offers under the table on a rare game. Funny part is that they obviously have not sold it yet, so they had an idea of what they thought it worth fromt he onset, but nobody has bid high enough...
All adds to the idea that and buyer should do their due diligence when dealing with any seller (esp with one that has less than up front and transparent behavior).

I'd wouldn't waste too much time on too-many-pins. In each of his threads he would pull a martyr routine anytime someone was negative towards him. Hopefully the mods will eventually have a reason to can him.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So far we have been selling off machines from our collection & I basically have been doing that through two venues - Craig's List ads & Pinside (as promised). Since moderators will no longer let me post about the selloff of my collection & the warehouse deal I have been updating things for my "serious customers" through my Marketplace ads and forum content under those ads.

I really don't care what the "haters" here on Pinside think - I have been fair with everyone and have contacted people in the order emails came in about specific machines I had for sale. I tried my best to get the word out to the pinball community here on Pinside and everyone wanted to make it into something else.

The warehouse deal is on hold right now until seller has time to meet up with me and about 90% of the machines we were selling off from the collection have gone to people who will enjoy them. I still have about 15 more machines to get sold off but most of those are already promised to people and are just waiting to be picked up. The only reason I didn't post more in the marketplace is I never got the chance once I contacted the people who PM'ed me about machines were taken care of most of the machines we sold.

But this thread isn't about me - it is about a very nice machine that is suppose to go up for sale soon. From the pictures I am amazed how nice it looks but as is logical if I was considering buying it I would inspect it in person before laying down the cash for it.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I'd wouldn't waste too much time on too-many-pins. In each of his threads he would pull a martyr routine anytime someone was negative towards him. Hopefully the mods will eventually have a reason to can him.

I don't know what your problem is but you are the one that should be tossed of Pinside. People like you are the ones the have ruined this site for people who are trying to do what is best for the hobby. As far as Pinside tossing me off - they are more than welcome to if they want - I already have plenty of friends! If you look at my past post I have plenty of people in the local pinball community that know me personally and will defend me.

Again - this post is about a nice BR not about me & my warehouse deal. If you feel the need to pick a fight with me PM me and we can continue their.

#47 7 years ago

Too-many-pins is right. We are like family. I'm not trying to solicit a price under the table. I've sold my games and paid my fees like a good Pinsider. Whysnow, I have to ask, to what end would I be doing any of this other than to get the forums advice. If you want a reference just ask any of the people who have bought games from me in the past year.
I will place the ad soon.

Thanks for all the help.

#48 7 years ago

I don't know what your problem is but you are the one that should be tossed of Pinside. People like you are the ones the have ruined this site for people who are trying to do what is best for the hobby. As far as Pinside tossing me off - they are more than welcome to if they want - I already have plenty of friends! If you look at my past post I have plenty of people in the local pinball community that know me personally and will defend me.
Again - this post is about a nice BR not about me & my warehouse deal. If you feel the need to pick a fight with me PM me and we can continue their.

With no dog in this fight but a BR in my collection, I will say that is a sweet apparently unmolested example! Though I am a little confused as to reason for the "presentation" of the game. I understand a price check on a potential purchase or sale, even a flip, but I think the actual reason should be stated somewhere early on in the post. Additionally, if I have "promised" a machine(s) to someone(s) and I'm waiting for pickup, I consider those games "sold," not available period. Your "15 more machines to sell but....'' statement might give people cause to think.

FYi, Patrick in PHX is a good guy to deal with and he has been patiently looking for a while.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from revson:

Too-many-pins is right. We are like family. I'm not trying to solicit a price under the table. I've sold my games and paid my fees like a good Pinsider. Whysnow, I have to ask, to what end would I be doing any of this other than to get the forums advice. If you want a reference just ask any of the people who have bought games from me in the past year.
I will place the ad soon.
Thanks for all the help.

I wouldn't let Whysnow bother you in the least. You've got a rare find and there are collectors out there looking for this kind of example. It's hard to say what they're willing to pay, but needless to say, you can always lower the price, not raise it. And my favorite part of all this is, those who are willing to pay good money for this, are not the ones posting here. They're the ones who lurk. So while everyone has a pricing opinion, someone no one knows, will eventually buy it.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I wouldn't let Whysnow bother you in the least. You've got a rare find and there are collectors out there looking for this kind of example. It's hard to say what they're willing to pay, but needless to say, you can always lower the price, not raise it. And my favorite part of all this is, those who are willing to pay good money for this, are not the ones posting here. They're the ones who lurk. So while everyone has a pricing opinion, someone no one knows, will eventually buy it.

Bryan is correct. The real buyers are not here for a rare titel like this in nice condition.

There is a WHOLE other market for the high end stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,490.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-banzai-run/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.