• 43 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by sysprog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Found a HUO Adams Family machine...

it's in great shape (as you'd expect). PF is gorgeous, cabinet is nearly perfect.

There's some flipper rebuilds that are required, etc, but other than that- looks dynamite.

What's this worth? I'm afraid if I offer too low, the guy will go put it on craigslist or ebay...

Thanks!

PS- I was just about to pull the trigger on a new ACDC , so its' also this or that, cant afford both

#2 6 years ago

I'd say $4500-5500. mine is very nice (but not HUO) with mods and I've turned down $4500. I'd offer $4200 and see his reaction. if he says no ask him how much. don't play the "this one sold for..." or "I can get one here for..." cards; they never seem to work. good luck! TAF is only going up but acdc (which I also own) will be reasonably priced for a while.

#3 6 years ago

8000 for a HUO TAF.

#4 6 years ago

OK... he wants $6000.... that's probably still a good deal... but thats creeping into AC/DC Premium territory.... ARG!?!?!?! But I guess that question is the topic for a different thread!

#5 6 years ago

Both are great you will be happy either way, but if your thinking 6 - get the AC/DC premium

#6 6 years ago

6 os on the mark IMO

Hobbs

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

OK... he wants $6000.... that's probably still a good deal... but thats creeping into AC/DC Premium territory.... ARG!?!?!?! But I guess that question is the topic for a different thread!

$6k for a HUO TAF is a very good deal (and I don't care for the pin). I'd buy it, sell it for a profit, and use that to buy an AC/DC Premium!

#8 6 years ago

A pretty decent TAF, not HUO, but pretty nice, went for $4500 around here just a few days ago.

#9 6 years ago

I would say for a huo 6k is a very good deal when the beat Taf are going around 4k

#10 6 years ago

I would pay $6k for a nice HUO machine (but it needs to be nice, not a beater HUO)

#11 6 years ago

Depends on condition. If its mint then 6K

Some HUO are beat up

#12 6 years ago

For a one owner HOU in calfornia in 9/10 condition I would say 8000+. In my neck of the woods beaters routed to hell in 2/10 condition sell for 5-6k.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

For a one owner HOU in calfornia in 9/10 condition I would say 8000+. In my neck of the woods beaters routed to hell in 2/10 condition sell for 5-6k.

Wow! *scratches head*

#14 6 years ago

Find me a buyer forint and 7500 and ill pay the shipping to Cali

Hobbs

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

$6000 is a steal, if you ask me.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

$6000 is a steal, if you ask me.

I agree with this if it is truly a clean HUO game. That term gets thrown around alot by people who dont know what they are talking about though, so be cautious. I learned this the hard way!

#17 6 years ago

OK- I'll get more details Monday and report back (he's away for the weekend).... The machine is in Georgia- so I wont be able to physically look at again for about a week till I'm back down that way...

Thanks for all the help.... and here's the commitment- if I DONT buy it- I will absolutely turn someone here onto it... hate to see it go on ebay or craigslist....

#18 6 years ago

Mint HUO TAF? 6k? My wallet is opening.........

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Wow! *scratches head*

Well maybe 5/10 quality i may have been a little off with my scale but it seems you can add a extra thousand bucks to any game in this area. In the midwest and east it seems people put pins up for sale for much less.

#20 6 years ago

6+ if minty

#21 6 years ago

Is this another HUO post where the machine probably really isn't HUO?

True mint low play HUO TAF with all the goodies is an $8k pin on the low side!

But I'm guessing this is a nice TAF but not minty HUO...

#22 6 years ago

Shit I agree with Teekee again, sky must be falling.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

As much as it hurts you have to agree with me I'm rarely ever wrong!

#24 6 years ago

Man, that's e-bay pricing with free shipping. I think you can do better, show him cash and pick it up for less. I got mine for 3800, it's not mint but 6000 is a little high for a cash deal.

#25 6 years ago

I own a true HUO TAF... never had a quarter rolled thru it. not a single mark in it. Fusters outhole is crisp. I wouldn't let mine go for less than $10k

BTW: it's not for sale.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I rarely disagree with him when it comes to pin pricing.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Is this another HUO post where the machine probably really isn't HUO?
True mint low play HUO TAF with all the goodies is an $8k pin on the low side!
But I'm guessing this is a nice TAF but not minty HUO...

You might be right.

Any quick and easy tips or things to look for or give-aways for not-so-HUO machines?

#28 6 years ago

Shooter lane should be shiny and clean with hardly a mark where the ball ejects. Under play field and inside cabinet super clean and new looking. Boards new like and shine. The cabinet still has the new like sheen. Inside the coin door looks new. Takes some pics if you can...

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You might be right.
Any quick and easy tips or things to look for or give-aways for not-so-HUO machines?

Look at the coin door where the quarter slots are.... if there is worn paint then you know it was on route

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Look at the coin door where the quarter slots are.... if there is worn paint then you know it was on route

Not always true... I ran into a couple truly mint, low play pins that were definitely HUO that had slight coin slot wear cuz the owners kept them on quarter play. Either because they wanted the real arcade feel or they didn't know how to put in on free play and were to lazy to open the manual.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

True Dat... Also, keep in mind the coin door can always be replaced with brand new for less than $100

#32 6 years ago

Look at under the lock down bar and coin mechs(if present) for corrosion.

#33 6 years ago

documentation...

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

documentation...

there's is no such thing... receipts are nice to have but DO NOT prove anything about machines history. Every machine sold had documentation and if kept I guess every pin would be HUO?

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

there's is no such thing... receipts are nice to have but DO NOT prove anything about machines history. Every machine sold had documentation and if kept I guess every pin would be HUO?

The fact of the matter is nothing you listed verifies HUO either, like documentation they are purely indications of HUO. That's why you buy based on condition, not here say.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

The fact of the matter is nothing you listed verifies HUO either, like documentation they are purely indications of HUO. That's why you buy based on condition, not here say.

You are correct. Nothing truly confirms HUO 100% but your eyes will tell you more than anything. If you know what your looking for your eyes can be about 90% sure... with or without documentation.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You are correct. Nothing truly confirms HUO 100% but your eyes will tell you more than anything. If you know what your looking for your eyes can be about 90% sure... with or without documentation.

I can agree with that. I was merely throwing out another piece that hadn't been mentioned. For me I'll take my eyes coupled with documentation.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I can agree with that. I was merely throwing out another piece that hadn't been mentioned. For me I'll take my eyes coupled with documentation.

Ok, but if you need documentation your gonna miss out on a ton of great HUO pins!

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Ok, but if you need documentation your gonna miss out on a ton of great HUO pins!

I done fumbled my words. Dont need it, just like it.

#40 6 years ago

One tell tale sign the owner might be trying to hide the true history of his game is to check the bookkeeping totals. I understand if he wants to do a full factory settings reset because the game's selling is imminent, but if he's not hurting to sell and you happen to be over there looking at it, peruse the menus and check the totals: total earnings, total service credits, total plays, last factory reset date....those kinds of things. If he hasn't done a reset in the last decade or so, you'll get a good idea of how many games have really been played and how much time the game really has on it.

Kind of a long shot, but it has a great chance of paying off well, information-wise.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I own a true HUO TAF... never had a quarter rolled thru it. not a single mark in it. Fusters outhole is crisp. I wouldn't let mine go for less than $10k
BTW: it's not for sale.

Same here. Easily 8k+ for this title in perfect HUO condition.

My asking price would actually be at least 15k since I swapped the playfield in mine with a perfect NOS original. Less than 100 plays on it.

#42 6 years ago

6k all day long! If it is a 9/10 all around HUO. 6k actually seems like what I would try to barter down to if the seller was asking 7-8k. Here is something to consider. AC/DC Prem will go for stupid prices in a year. You know that 6-7k NIB AC/DC will go for 9k+ in a year (just my opinion).

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

A pretty decent TAF, not HUO, but pretty nice, went for $4500 around here just a few days ago.

Are you referring to the one on Omaha CL, originally offered with a Xenon? That one followed me home....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside