Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00909_hH1iiL7u05y_600x450.jpg
00i0i_gfcxhVrwQTp_600x450.jpg
00707_gqm4yIm1mPb_600x450.jpg
00C0C_gEQGihJKy3R_600x450.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'm looking at a non-working Gottlieb Hot Shot. According to the seller it all lights up but does not play. Cosmetically it looks pretty good, I will include the pictures in this post.

What would be a fair offer? I was thinking maybe $300 - $500 range, but I don't really have any idea of the value of specific EMs.

00C0C_gEQGihJKy3R_600x450.jpg00C0C_gEQGihJKy3R_600x450.jpg
00i0i_gfcxhVrwQTp_600x450.jpg00i0i_gfcxhVrwQTp_600x450.jpg
00707_gqm4yIm1mPb_600x450.jpg00707_gqm4yIm1mPb_600x450.jpg
00909_hH1iiL7u05y_600x450.jpg00909_hH1iiL7u05y_600x450.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I think you are right on at 3-500. it is an awesome game so if you want to get rid of it by the time patz happens in april, let me know. cheers, ron

#3 9 years ago

well if it lights up its almost perfect.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

well if it lights up its almost perfect.

I figured the issue is probably something minor, especially since the seller said it was working a few months ago. Shouldn't be too tough of a project, although I may have to sell my current EM project in order to make space for this one. I've been looking for a Big Shot/Hot Shot for a while though, it's my grail EM.

#5 9 years ago

Sorry about my sarcastic reply , but i have lookd at so many games missing boards , totally fried etc but as long as the g.i. lights they think it almost ready to go. If its one you really want and its close $300 is great.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

Sorry about my sarcastic reply , but i have lookd at so many games missing boards , totally fried etc but as long as the g.i. lights they think it almost ready to go. If its one you really want and its close $300 is great.

Ahh, I see. I haven't done enough work inside them to know for certain, but I figured with EMs that might not be as much of an issue.

I'm certainly going to take a look at the insides before making an offer.

#7 9 years ago

An EM that was genuinely playing a couple months ago isn't going to be TOO much of a project. If not for that, I'd say a couple hundred. If it's as nice as you say, though, $300-500 would be a fair offer. There's a supposedly nice one in Toledo for $1k OBO, and there was one here with some wear around inserts and backglass flaking for $450ish.

Good game; it's on my list as well.

#8 9 years ago

I made a pass at that one in Toledo and couldn't get him to be realistic. Then I found one 10 minutes from me with a good playfield with one wear spot and and OK backglass for $400 and I'm happy.

Or I was until I recently started having problems, but that's my other thread. I'm so frustrated right now I'd let mine go for a Qdoba burrito and a carwash.

#9 9 years ago

Ended up buying it for $250. Backglass is pretty bad, playfield has two small wear spots, the inserts for the pool balls have a circle sunk-in wear type thing. The insides looked perfectly fine (nothing fried), and it came with some extra parts as well as documentation/manuals. I was also given that Genie backglass that's shown a little bit in the first picture for free.

Once I sell Casanova and have the space to set this one up I'll try to create a thread for the repair process.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-hot-shot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.