• Latest reply 8 years ago by maddog14
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3088.JPG

#1 8 years ago

I'd like to know the price for a working player's quality Haunted House? Are they rare or plentiful? Price rising or falling? Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

800 - 1800

#3 8 years ago

Working 100% and decent cosmetically $1400 to $1700 is a good range in today's market. Project machines $750 to $1250 (if complete and fairly nice). And the sky is the limit on high end restored.

Those prices are what I have seen here on the east coast. I friend of mine got $2100 out of a decent one this Spring and I just allowed a guy $1400 for one on trade that is headed into our collection. But if you are buying I would say anything up to about $1600 is fair depending on how bad you want one and what you consider "players quality".

#4 8 years ago

Thanks. I've been offered one at $2000. Thought the game was kinda scarce.

#5 8 years ago

Unless it is super nice that is pretty much top dollar for that machine in today's market. Not that someone will not pay that for it but there was one on Craig's List recently in the Washington, DC area for about a month at $1750 that was suppose to be very nice.

#6 8 years ago

Wow, those prices are a lot higher than I would have thought. But what do I know.

I did not think the HH had reached those levels.

HH is not an uncommon machine 6835 produced.

#7 8 years ago

I don't hold much stock in production numbers other than it's just a starting point. System 80 games were problematic on route, many of them were parted out, junked and wrote off because of that. Most documentation to bullet proof them came out much later as collectors found some of them to fix. So, 'How many of the 6835 are still alive?', would be a better question to get an answer on. Once that question is answered, then the price will adjust and I doubt it'll be downward. A search of the serial number data base only shows only 85 registered HH's. Even if 800 more turn up, that's not a very good survival rate.

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=1133

I know there are more but it will be interesting to see just how many more.

Steve

Quoted from maddog14:

HH is not an uncommon machine 6835 produced.

#8 8 years ago

Agreed, it's more like can you find one or not..... This one does not pop up all that often. Mostly because its affordable and awesome.....why sell it!

#9 8 years ago

I had my eye out for a clean one for a long time before buying. They seem to be very commonly beat to hell. I think it was a catchy game that the common passer-by could relate to and most of them probably got played heavily.

Every single one I've seen has had considerable wear above the playfield window. Most are showing wood on the upper playfield kicker return and the lower playfield where the ball drops near the left flipper. Also common to have wear rings under the bumper mylars. Most are filthy with swirl marks and chip spots.

I bought one with a nice cabinet (probably an 8/10), perfect backglass, nice displays, and clean boards for $1500. The playfields were shot to hell, but I intended to do full restoration on them anyway.

Here's a pic of my main playfield restore about 95% complete.

IMG_3088.JPG

#10 8 years ago

i recently sold mine. it was in great shape, even when i got it.
there's plenty out there to buy.

#11 8 years ago

I have one that was HUO (boards perfect...but... LOL, main playfield has moisture damage Upper and lower are great).

I would love for it to be worth a million bucks. It is not though. Unless demand has mushroomed up overnight.

I'd sell mine no problem. I am not sure I am up for a full playfield swap or restore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside