Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

What would you say a very good quality (but not restored/CQ) Atlantis is worth nowadays--that is, one that works perfectly and that has a playfield, backglass and cabinet that have very few if any flaws (say, 8+/10)?

#2 8 years ago

I don't know what it's worth, but I do know that it's a great game and that mine will never leave. Good Luck.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#4 8 years ago

Thanks. Just toying with an idea...

#5 8 years ago

Bought mine for $1200, playfield is a 9/10, Cabinet 8/10, Backglass 9/10 but I think I got a pretty good deal...

#6 8 years ago

Why would that not be "collector quality"? If original, for many collectors that would be preferable to one that has been 'restored'.

Anyway, $1000-$3000. It's a title that has been all over the map price-wise.

#7 8 years ago

$1000, sold 2 in past couple years

#8 8 years ago

Well, I'd happily buy one for $1k, but I don't think I would sell one for that price unless I had to. It is worth more than that to me.

#9 8 years ago

I just made a deal to pick one up, $900 but the cab has been painted over

#10 8 years ago

I've bought unrestored, project Atlantis examples for $1000, and was happy to do so.

I'll revise my range to 1500-2500, knowing there are some outliers. But decent, original examples are still in demand. Not beaters, but nice ones.

#11 8 years ago

Thanks. That's pretty much what l thought.

#12 8 years ago

i literally just bought a players example yesterday - paid $850 CAD ($650 USD) which was a heck of a deal IMO. it's fully functioning. cab is rough, backglass has very minor flaking, and playfield has some minor wear spots.

seems hard to come across an Atlantis that DOESN'T have wear/flaws - so it then becomes a matter of willing buyer/willing seller ie. how much will someone fork over and how much will a seller let theirs go for. not a huge production run and they don't seem to come up often. you can see that from the comments in this thread - it's a pin that is hard to get owners to part with!

all that being said i agree with the $1200-$1500 USD range for a very nice original/unrestored example.

#13 8 years ago

Had an opportunity for a pretty nice one for 1500 but that just seems high, even for a really desirable EM. It was worn to the Wood in one spot and the cab wasn't really super nice but heck if I can find another!

#14 8 years ago

You are close to tempting me...

The only reason I would consider letting mine go is the fact that I have become a bit overloaded with single-player EMs. I've gotten into EMs mainly because of my wife, and she greatly prefers multi-players. I am still trying to figure out how to construct the lineup so that we're both more-or-less satisfied.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Had an opportunity for a pretty nice one for 1500 but that just seems high, even for a really desirable EM. It was worn to the Wood in one spot and the cab wasn't really super nice but heck if I can find another!

That is a lot for that kind of condition.

Finding an Atlantis with a really nice p/f is really hard.

Nearly bought one a year or so back and now have all but given up as too many have it on their want list!

Will wait until it becomes less 'hot' again.....

#16 8 years ago

Probably won't but if it did you'll have a bunch of owners that paid that for it and will want it back out. If I ever find a nice one I can feel okay with the price of, it won't be leaving, fu%*%*( love the game. Definitely my favorite EM and one of my favorite games overall.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I just made a deal to pick one up, $900 but the cab has been painted over

Paint the cab then sell it to me.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Finding an Atlantis with a really nice p/f is really hard.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Will wait until it becomes less 'hot' again.....

With new Playfields coming out in the near future I just don't see that happening, just another increase in value.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

#19 8 years ago

Very hard to find a decent one for under 1500.

2013 was a hot year for them - lots of auction examples.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

You are close to tempting me...
The only reason I would consider letting mine go is the fact that I have become a bit overloaded with single-player EMs. I've gotten into EMs mainly because of my wife, and she greatly prefers multi-players. I am still trying to figure out how to construct the lineup so that we're both more-or-less satisfied.

This is the point where you should realize you sell the other one players before Atlantis then

#21 8 years ago

I appreciate all the feedback and am considering what to do. Thanks, guys. This is such a helpful group.

#22 8 years ago

The playfield layout of Atlantis is same/similar to Lawman and Sheriff, but those games are bonus games vs objective games (rolling over numbers 1 through 9). Bonus games aren't nearly as much fun. Same with Eldorado/Solar City/Target Alpha.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

2 weeks later
#23 8 years ago

7 condition 800-1000 player condition
8 condition 1000-1500 good all around condition (1000 needing work and 1500 working)
9 condition 1500-1800 original unmolested condition (More like 1800)
1800-2500+ restored or original survivor low play condition with everything being 9+ condition. (More like 2000-2200)

If I was still in the market for a Atlantis in perfect original condition (I am no longer interested in 70's Gottliebs) I would expect to be paying 2200-2500. This is a very, very popular and well sought after game.

#24 8 years ago

I paid $1200.00 for mine. Add a new reproduction Playfield, All new Coin Door and Parts, new legs, etc, etc, etc. So I will soon have a very nice $2500.00 Atlantis.

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-gtb-atlantis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.