Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by RoyF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4613 (resized).JPG
IMG_4611 (resized).JPG
IMG_4610 (resized).JPG
IMG_4612 (resized).JPG
IMG_4608 (resized).JPG
IMG_4605 (resized).JPG
IMG_4607 (resized).JPG
IMG_4606 (resized).JPG
IMG_4603 (resized).JPG
IMG_4602 (resized).JPG
IMG_4604 (resized).JPG
IMG_4600 (resized).JPG
IMG_4601 (resized).JPG
IMG_4597 (resized).JPG
IMG_4599 (resized).JPG
IMG_4598 (resized).JPG

#1 11 months ago

How to assign value to a Gottlieb World Fair pin?

I'm trying to help a friend in the Cleveland OH area put a reasonable sales value on a Gottlieb World Fair. This machine has been in their family's home for at least 37 years, possibly longer (person that would know more is no longer with us). I went over and took a look at the machine, but I don't know enough about Gottliebs to advise them. I took a bunch of pictures, and made some observations. Cabinet looks average for a machine that was at some point routed, but appears to be structurally sound. Inside of the backbox looks really clean. I didn't check the ball count unit to see if it moved freely. Front side of the backglass looks very nice, great colors and full artwork. Back side of the backglass also looks super nice, no peeling ink. Backbox door is present with key. Playfield looks quite nice for its age with good color and no areas I could notice of missing paint. Shooter lane wear is not bad. Playfield GI and feature lighting seems to work fine. Bumper caps are not burned and have excellent color. Game resets and plays fine as far as I can tell. Wheel in the center spins after the last ball drains to randomly score a car, not sure I activated what was necessary on the playfield to get it to spin during a ball. Cars on the backglass get lit "scored" at various points during play. All pop bumpers work, all bumpers and switches register and score, but one of the pop bumpers does not score although it does "pop" (needs a switch adjustment on the pop bumper relay I assume). Score reels seem to work fine. Flippers look nice and original. Chimes work. They tell me a pinball repair guy worked on this machine a few years ago, adjusting various things and replacing the rubber (except for a couple of mini post rubbers it seems). The owners don't work on the game themselves. Credit solenoid in the back has been set for home play by removing one wire. Coin door has coin mech present on one side, absent on the other side, and has the lock and key present. Game recognizes trip of the coin switch. The ball lift lever moves freely but doesn't quite engage the lift mechanism, needs some type of adjustment. Line cord has been replaced. I did not lift the playfield - a light tug upward on the apron didn't budge the playfield, and because I'm unfamiliar with the Gottliebs I wasn't sure if there was something securing the playfield that needed to be released before raising it, or it just needs a good tug to lift it free.

Any thoughts on valuation would be appreciated!

#2 11 months ago

And here are the images.

IMG_4590 (resized).JPGIMG_4591 (resized).JPGIMG_4592 (resized).JPGIMG_4593 (resized).JPGIMG_4594 (resized).JPGIMG_4595 (resized).JPGIMG_4596 (resized).JPGIMG_4597 (resized).JPGIMG_4598 (resized).JPGIMG_4599 (resized).JPGIMG_4600 (resized).JPGIMG_4601 (resized).JPGIMG_4602 (resized).JPGIMG_4603 (resized).JPGIMG_4604 (resized).JPGIMG_4605 (resized).JPGIMG_4606 (resized).JPGIMG_4607 (resized).JPGIMG_4608 (resized).JPGIMG_4610 (resized).JPGIMG_4611 (resized).JPGIMG_4612 (resized).JPGIMG_4613 (resized).JPG
#3 11 months ago

Anyone with insight on valuation of this Gottlieb wedge head?

#4 11 months ago

I own this title and condition is similar to this one, pretty fun for its vintage. If memory serves me correct I paid about $800 3-4 yrs ago in So Cal. I can't imagine it's worth much more now. In fact maybe less as the EM market has softened considerably in the last couple of years. Exception being uber rare or "A" list titles.

#5 11 months ago

Nice game - I paid 1200 in 2011 and probably paid too much when I was collecting nickel post games. I agree with the 800 range price

#6 11 months ago

You can lift the playfield by 1st pulling on a latch release from underneath the PF
about 20inches inside the CAB.
The game pictured looks to be in very good condition (BG&PF) the CAB could be better but not bad certainly acceptable to most collectors.
$800-1000 seems about right.
2012 MrPinball price guide states $825
But be prepared to wait until the right buyer comes along.
All that being said, if you want a quick sale, i would price it at $600.

One of my favorite Parker Backglasses

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

You can lift the playfield by 1st pulling on a latch release from underneath the PF
about 20inches inside the CAB.

Thanks for that advice. I'll have to get back over there and raise the playfield!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside