Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dontfeed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Looking for opinions on a price for a Super Score. Is there anything I should know about these when looking at one?

#3 9 years ago

Try the EM Hangout subforum.

#4 9 years ago

Last time I asked over there about an EM my thread was moved here.

#5 9 years ago

Don't put 'Price Check' in the title.

#6 9 years ago

I didn't. My title was "Gottlieb Magnotron, is it fun?".

But I digress, a price on Super Score, anyone?

#7 9 years ago

Well, since no one else has chimed in, I'll try.

For the most part, there doesn't seem to be too much love for 60's multiplayer Gottliebs. And other than a neat backglass of people playing pinball on a pinball (like Bally Champ), the game doesn't have much going for it. There are those that don't even like the Roulette wheel feature on games.

So, with that said, Condition will be King here and due to its age it probably won't be super nice. So sadly, based on what other similar games seem to be going for these days, I would put it only at $250-$400. Far less if beat. Not much more if pristine and fully working. A project game is probably only worth its value in parts in the $150 range.

#8 9 years ago

That's too bad. There's just not enough EM audience to hide and dilute threads about them.

Anyway, earlier this year there was a fairly nice Super Score on the Chicago Craigslist for $550 for a very long time without selling. The cab had been repainted, but it was a decent job. I don't see the ad now, but it was listed more than once. There's currently another on the Mpls CL for $795, and has sat for a month.

Just not much demand for them, even in nice condition. I think CactusJack has it right.

Like any EM, the cosmetics are the main thing to watch. Without it being an 'in demand' title, there aren't repro glasses and such available for it (unless one went the bgresto route), so the condition of what comes with the game will be more important. Parts costs can quickly add up to more than the game is worth, so making sure it's complete is worth noting too.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

There are those that don't even like the Roulette wheel feature on games.

it's the funky flipper layout that kills it for me... that's an immediate non-starter...

i'd agree with my far more experienced brethren on this one price wise... they seem to sit forever at seemingly inexpensive prices...

#10 9 years ago

Thanks guys, appreciate the input!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Franklin, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-gottlieb-super-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.