Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1540_(resized).JPG

#1 8 years ago

hope this is the right place to post this.
Was looking at a gottlieb king of diamonds. No power cord, but looks reasonably complete. Playfield near perfect, backglass has a couple small spots.

Otherwise seems to be in very nice shape.

Anybody have a rough idea of a fair price range to offer?

I realize it's hard without pics...it's not mint, but certainly looks like a pretty darn nice machine....
Thanks guys!

#2 8 years ago

A non-working nice example $500? Hard to say without seeing it.

Of course it all depends on the seller's expectations.

You could easily drop another $400 in parts from PBR if you went full boat on it (new legs, plastics, flipper rebuild, coin door stuff, etc.).

Most of them have a small amount of flaking on the backglass.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks! That's kind of around what I,was guessing...ill try to get a couple pics.

Meantime, im open to hearing other's opinions (guessing they will be along same lines...)

#4 8 years ago

Working with a nice playfield it's a 1000$ game. But yeah 400 in parts to get it there . Things to Look for in this game. Make sure all the backbox target /cards are there. No broken plastics . Hopefully a Nice door and coin plate , legs can be dipped in harbor freight rust remover so surface rust shouldn't scare you . The roto decal replacement is a full days job at my novice level, most examples the roto numbers have a wear line . Also a nice original cabinet is a real time saver and holds more value .

#5 8 years ago

Any chance the power cord was stuffed inside the cabinet? On this game there's a copper colored release bar for the playfield to be lifted up inside the cabinet a third of the way back.

#6 8 years ago

With a nice original cab, playfield, and backglass, a fully rebuilt KoD can fetch 1200-1500. If complete, and in need of mainly cleaning/polishing type stuff (so no need for new coin doors, legs, and all that), parts costs would be modest, even with flipper and pop bumper rebuilds. Around 150-200, tops for parts. If major stuff is needed to either complete it, or address cosmetic issues, then yeah, the parts cost can go way up.

But if it's got great cosmetics, and just needs a rebuild, there'd still be plenty of room at 600-800 even as a project.

It can be a hard title to find with a nice original playfield and backglass.

#7 8 years ago

I spent 3 months searching High and Low for one, could only find an average condition one for about $800. Some guy in MA on here has a decent Diamond Jack at a good price if he hasn't sold it yet. Ill edit in his name. TOPCARD is his handle https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27918

#8 8 years ago

I bought one near Chicago about 10 years ago with a nice playfield (slight flipper drag), backglass, and cabinet for $900.

I would offer between $500 - $900 for the one you're looking at since it needs restored.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I spent 3 months searching High and Low for one, could only find an average condition one for about $800. Some guy in MA on here has a decent Diamond Jack at a good price if he hasn't sold it yet. Ill edit in his name. TOPCARD is his handle https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27918

oooh that DJ looks attractive (price wise). I bought one from NY for a little less and it wasnt as nice of shape (except for a repro bg).

#10 8 years ago

i have one for sale at 900 and it hasn't sold yet - pictures are on pinside - hope that helps you - thanks ed

#11 8 years ago

Thanks to all! Very helpful input!

#12 8 years ago

I know Top Card . I think that DJ is not bad but the cabinet was repainted similar to factory colors but it's not the same pattern .

Surprised the RI KOD hasn't sold it was priced correctly IMHFO . I have a nice original DJ and I'm def not a replay guy. If i was I'd make the 40 mile trip down route 6 to take a look .

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i have one for sale at 900 and it hasn't sold yet - pictures are on pinside - hope that helps you - thanks ed

Might get a few bites if you posted pics as you mentioned....

#14 8 years ago

I'd say start at $500. I picked up a Diamond Jack for $500 last year and drove 5 hrs north for it without question. New Shay glass, new legs, roto decals, and a 2 card for the backbox: never leaving my collection. Great game that even non-pinheads enjoy. It's a mechanical wonder!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Might get a few bites if you posted pics as you mentioned....

pictures have been on the ad for some time - see link below - thanks ed

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-king-of-diamonds-gottlieb-1967-1968

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

pictures have been on the ad for some time - see link below - thanks ed
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-king-of-diamonds-gottlieb-1967-1968

Nope, no pics....I was,originally confused myself as to which ad it was....fyi the ad says 1000 not 900...vut thank you. Ill check it out again when pics are,back.

#17 8 years ago

if you open it up the pictures are there and then there is a price drop to 900 - just click the link - thanks ed

#18 8 years ago

The pics aren't in the ad itself, but are in a marketplace forum topic.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

oooh that DJ looks attractive (price wise). I bought one from NY for a little less and it wasnt as nice of shape (except for a repro bg).

Yeah, but you'd have to paint this one too!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

It's listed it at exactly what I paid for it, $850 which I thought was a good deal at the time. But given how long its sat there, I guess I'm wrong. I have to say, the EM market seems to be dead at the moment, at least in the Massachusetts area.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Topcard:

It's listed it at exactly what I paid for it, $850 which I thought was a good deal at the time. But given how long its sat there, I guess I'm wrong. I have to say, the EM market seems to be dead at the moment, at least in the Massachusetts area.

What a FUUUUUUUUUN Add-a-Ball, though! Top 3, in my opinion, and certainly for any player looking for a real challenge. I'd just sit on it (not literally).

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Topcard:

I wanted one and would have bought it but distance is more important for EM's than solid state games. If your buying a $5000 Tron, you can justify a $400 shipping fee. But when your buying a $850 EM it has to be within 3 hours. I would have loved to have taken this off your hands.

#23 8 years ago

Yeah if it's still for sale in a few months a lot of New England guys go to Allentown . I'm hoping I don't have room on my truck I got 3 pins in mind I wanna move hopefully I can pre-sell at least one

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Topcard:

If it had original cabinet paint, I'd have already been driving up to bundle with that Ice Revue!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

What a FUUUUUUUUUN Add-a-Ball, though! Top 3, in my opinion, and certainly for any player looking for a real challenge. I'd just sit on it (not literally).

If it wasn't for lack of room I would never part with it. For that matter, if I had the room I would still have almost every pinball machine I ever owned. I hate to sell them, but I have room to set up twenty of so and I have another 16 or 17 stashed all over the place so I'm at the point that when I buy something new, something's got to go.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

If it had original cabinet paint, I'd have already been driving up to bundle with that Ice Revue!

As stencils go, it's one of the easier ones to make. My plan was to repaint it eventually, though its presentable in its current state. The Ice revue could use a repaint itself, but boy the playfield is beautiful.

IMG_1540_(resized).JPGIMG_1540_(resized).JPG

#27 8 years ago

if anybody wants to do multiple shipping I can pick topcard games up and they can all be shipped from my house - his and my king of diamonds - thanks ed

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Topcard:

As stencils go, it's one of the easier ones to make. My plan was to repaint it eventually, though its presentable in its current state. The Ice revue could use a repaint itself, but boy the playfield is beautiful.

IMG_1540_(resized).JPG

if I could get that ice revue to my place with out the 370 shipping I would be all over itI would be all over it. it is one of the few games I never had that I really enjoy. the pf looks great 500 is a great price

#29 8 years ago

Again if you have patience a few of us are located between all of these games and will be in Allentown in less than 4 months

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfields
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Playfields
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-gottlieb-king-of-diamonds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.