(Topic ID: 114936)

Price check-Gottlieb Genesis with Metropolis decor.

By ejg10532626

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0291.JPG
#1 9 years ago

What do the guys who like Gottlieb's think a sys80B Genesis with the Metropolis translight and cabinet art would go for?

I'm itching to acquire, but overloaded as it is.

#2 9 years ago

dunno, but its a cool pin

#3 9 years ago

Ramps intact???

#4 9 years ago

If it's in good shape, maybe $800-$1000?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Ramps intact???

Yes, looks good overall, but have not played yet.

I know the value of Genesis.
I was more curious about the Metropolis art package and what that adds to it.

Tks in advance for the info people-

#6 9 years ago

The art package will depend on the buyer. A seller shouldn't expect a premium over fair market for it. Personally I wouldn't put the metropolis art on mine, but I'm more of a purist. If you want to snatch it up and are willing to pay more for different art, add an extra hundred or so, because that's pretty much what it would cost you for the "upgrade."

#7 9 years ago

Are you looking at the one in Dover, NH? I have to admit that the Metropolis art package looks really, really nice. Personally, I would put extra value on that upgrade. Still, I'd be leery of paying more than 800-900 for a Genesis, even in great condition with upgrades.

#8 9 years ago

I sold my Genesis for $800. It had new plastics, translite, full LED, black light tube in back box, new under playfield figure and glass.

I agree with the above statement that the art package all depends on the buyer. I personally like the original better. The little fellow in the leather vest really grows on you. I'd guess with cabinet decals and translite the game would be around $1000 if it was otherwise nice.

#9 9 years ago

This game is actually one of my favorites and I prefer the original artwork. Something humble about its ugliness and addictive gameplay. I know I am by myself there.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

This game is actually one of my favorites and I prefer the original artwork. Something humble about its ugliness and addictive gameplay. I know I am by myself there.

You are not alone. ^

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

You are not alone. ^

That's good to hear, someone always brings one to the Louisville Expo and I play it for about 2 hours each day. If you look up videos of the show, someone is recording all the games that are there, I am in the video of course playing Genesis haha. I found one about 2 near me sitting in a repair shop, customer never came to pick it up and I am trying to work a deal with the missing owner/tech.

#12 9 years ago

Yeah, I don't see the art making a big difference on the 700-1000 price range that I would estimate a working Genesis to sell.

#13 9 years ago

I kind of miss mine but I had owned it for quite a while and really needed the funds to pick up a Whirlwind so I let it go. Kind of miss it though.

IMG_0291.JPGIMG_0291.JPG

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

black light tube in back box

Any recommendations on a good one to use? I have thought about this myself but I wasn't sure how well it would work / what would be the best place to purchase a tube with the proper light qualities.

#15 9 years ago

I recently found one, not sure on price yet. Boards are shot, has anyone bought one for cheap and put Rottendogs in it?

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from sleaziep:

Any recommendations on a good one to use? I have thought about this myself but I wasn't sure how well it would work / what would be the best place to purchase a tube with the proper light qualities.

I honestly have no idea what the specs were on the one that it was in it. It was put in by the previous owner. He had picked up a lot of the parts for it but couldn't fix the board so he sold it to me cheaply. Super fun game.

#17 9 years ago

I sold mine for $650 or $600 6 months ago or so. It had the Metropolis translite + the Metropolis side decals. The decals weren't installed on the game yet. It also had LEDs in all the inserts + pop bumpers. Played fine with some minor sound issues, one of the ramps had a melted spot from a flasher but could have been filled in with little trouble.

My take? People want too much money for it. It is a fun game though. I still have the original translite, couldn't part with it!

#18 9 years ago

I probably overpaid a bit for mine, since it needed plastics and pop bumpers replaced, an overall shop job, and various other parts replaced (not to mention that the string of flashers in the backbox was missing. But the ramps were intact

It has an original translite, but it's yellowed. I just ordered an alternate translite since it is so yellowed and since I don't care much for the original artwork in the first place.

The first time I saw this machine, it had the alternate translite and I thought the alternate translite *was* the original. Color me surprised when I found out what the original translite looked like.

I'll still probably keep the original translite rolled up in a tube in the machine for if/when I sell it at some point.

Like most mods, I don't think it really affects the price much. Putting on the alternate cabinet art might hurt a bit, especially with collectors, since that is not an easily reversible mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-gottlieb-genesis-with-metropolis-decor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.