Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-895.jpg
image-771.jpg
image-1409.jpg
image-818.jpg
image-685.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheShameGovernor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago

-Card Whiz is an absolutely brilliant design. One of my all-time favorites.
-It will look amazing next to Jack's Open.
-It is still a few hundred too much.

I sympathize though man, sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants. Please make sure it is the best Card Whiz you have ever seen before making the plunge. You can get *almost* perfect ones for half that.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I have a restored Bob Horton Card Whiz that won "Best 1970's EM" at the 2014 Texas Pinball Festival. I would not sell it for less than $1,500.

And you shouldn't. True CQ games command true CQ prices. I don't doubt for a second that CQ EMs sell for that much or even way more (one just did, obviously), I just don't value 95% of the Card Whizes (sp?) out there at that price. I'd go 1200-1300 for a super nice one, but if someone really wants it - sure i can see them spending a couple more to get it. Hence why I told him to make sure it's nice enough to be worth it.

Quoted from Xerico:

The money will be long forgotten once you have a few hundred plays on your game.

Completely true. Card Whiz/Royal Flush is a great game. Ditto on the congrats.

Quoted from Xerico:

If ANYONE has a a near-perfect Card Whiz for $750 (50% of $1,500) in the continental USA, please let me know. I will buy one all day long! Even with shipping charges, it would be a great deal.

Sure, "near-perfect" is a bit subjective, so I should be careful throwing that around, but I bought an un-restored example in really beautiful condition (non-working) for $600 last December. Fixed it. Shopped it. Played the hell out of it. Sold it for $600. If I see another one come up around here - I'll send a PM your way. They're out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheShameGovernor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-gottlieb-em?tu=TheShameGovernor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.