(Topic ID: 193025)

Price Check: Genco Trade Winds

By jeffpm

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Have a line on a Genco Trade Winds woodrail. Playfield condition looks decent, missing a couple bumper caps. Does not have the original legs, has metal ones instead. Owner says it does not work. What's a reasonable price to offer for this?

#2 6 years ago

Hard to value any Genco machine as there just aren't many comparable out there. Plus this one isn't original, doesn't work, and you don't know why.

Probably less than $100. How are the play field and backglass?

#3 6 years ago

Parts will be tough to find (if you need any) but if backglass & playfield are nice pretty much anything else can be fixed. To me a agree with above post of $100 (or less) for not working with wrong legs. Even shopped & working 100% you are likely only looking at a $300 machine unless it is in exceptional condition. Most woodrails just don't bring a lot of money these days!

#4 6 years ago

PF and BG look ok, but pics aren't the greatest quality. I did not know that woodrails go for so little. Thanks!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

I did not know that woodrails go for so little.

Some woodrails, not all. Genco has no real following and no parts availability.

#6 6 years ago

Missing bumper caps can be a real problem. Otherwise, for Genco, there are other unique parts that may be missing. As long as those are present, everything is fixable or replaceable with a modern equivalent.

#7 6 years ago

I dig Genco games. They made some cool stuff. I had a Trade Winds many years ago. It's not one of their more collectible machines but not bad. Reverse impulse flippers may take some getting used to and you'll most likely have to convert the selenium rectifier. If you want some historic charm in the game room and the price is right why not.

#8 6 years ago

Who has room for this stuff? Definitely a low dollar machine. This is a very early flipper game, with a late 1930's pre-flipper layout: no pop bumpers, no slingshots, no action.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Missing bumper caps can be a real problem. Otherwise, for Genco, there are other unique parts that may be missing. As long as those are present, everything is fixable or replaceable with a modern equivalent.

It looked like PBR has some similar looking caps to the missing ones, but I don't know if they are a different size.

Quoted from Biffbar:

Who has room for this stuff? Definitely a low dollar machine. This is a very early flipper game, with a late 1930's pre-flipper layout: no pop bumpers, no slingshots, no action.

When you have low dollars, anything < $200 looks appealing

#10 6 years ago

Lots of fun to be had on a game with passive bumpers and inverted flippers. Don't expect to get rich when you sell it (especially with the wrong legs), but have fun while you've got it.

Building up and collecting at the kickout looks appealing - looks like more than one way to win, and a challenge to build up both bonuses. Looks fun to me...

Make sure those rollover buttons are present and in OK shape.

If the replacement caps are the wrong size, you can replace the bumper bodies as well. Remember that old plastic shrinks, so you may find that even if the PBR cap has the right numbering or lettering, it may not fit as the bumper body has shrunk.

3 weeks later
    #11 6 years ago

I am in the process of parting one of these out right now that was too far gone to save. I don't have the bumper caps but do have a good many other parts listed on eBay if anyone is looking for GENCO or TRADE WIND parts. When I posted about this a few weeks ago I didn't even realize I actually owned one!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-genco-trade-winds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.