20181206_184817 (resized).jpg
20181206_184758 (resized).jpg
20181206_184653 (resized).jpg
20181206_184345 (resized).jpg
20181206_184322 (resized).jpg
20181206_184224 (resized).jpg
20181206_184213 (resized).jpg
20181206_184201 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

As it sits 3k. Game is worth at least 3500 at this point and that ones looks nice

Don't get this logic. Its 3k if its a title you are chasing and unable to find. It its something you are on the fence about 500 margin with a completely dead game is idiotic to chase. Yeah, sometimes we get lucky and its a 5 dollar part, or even a fuse. Other times we take a bath because the mpu is shot, displays are shot, and then you wind up spending hours chasing faulty sockets.

Maybe you like throwing money away, but realistically as a gamble, its a bad one. Doesn't matter how much whysnow can *know* from looking at a couple pictures, he doesn't *know* anything about the electronics in this machine.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like you are pissed a non-informed seller did not make you a deal, lol.
Just the reality that even IF the MPU is shot this game is 3500 or better.
Go find another cyclopes for sale and report back for us when you do...

If the game is worth 3500 and is dead as a door nail, paying 3k is idiotic. If it is worth 4k, paying 3500 is likewise idiotic.

Telling me to go find another *insert title here* is moot. I have plenty of games in my collection I can pull the same crap with. It doesn't change the fact that they tend to change hands for a given amount and if you ask too much they sit. So by your logic, I won't be paying 3k for a dead USA football, Mystery Castle, Radical, or 24 because when you get it to fire up you might find yourself losing a chunk of change to make it work.

You want to put your money where you mouth is and offer 3500 to the op's friend believing it is a 4k game? Doesn't make you right it just makes you foolish.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

call me a fool all you want. Reality is that if one fool is willing to pay 3500 then that is what the game would sell for.
I am under the impression the OP already has multiple offers on the table and instead has decided to keep and get the game working first.

That game might sell for 3500, but the next one might not. It also might sell for 3500 today and 6 months for now sit at 3k it all depends who is looking at the time.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the game is kinda rare, but not really rare as far as rare games go. Whysnow also tried to convince me that a standard playing Raven is $1500 all day long. :/ When I could buy that game 10 times over for $400-500. I guess he just likes to overpay for stuff.

Agreed and besides that rarity does not always equate to valuable. If that was the case dinosaur eggs would be highly sought after, its not. Personally I find cyclopes to be ugly as sin, but that is my opinion.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Size is also a factor, especially with the Alvin G head-to-head games.

Kind of disagree on that. I think what hurts the alvin g head to heads isn't size. You can plop them anywhere in a room since there is no back to them and it gives a nice level of flexibility.

What hurts them is a lack of knowledge in how to service them. Also an issue is a perceived lack of parts. Displays are cheap. The boards are easy to come by dead and people repair them. The boards are reliable. Flipper links can be made by sanding down williams to make them thin enough. Flipper bats for the head to heads are available, but expensive.

That lack of knowledge extends to the games themselves. Both by the fact that many do not know they exist and for the rest what the rules are. Heck, I don't have a manual for football and don't know what all does what on it yet.

The other thing hurting it is that while fun and having a surprising amount of depth, it doesn't feel like a normal pinball. It is a lot more frantic due to constant multiball and an opponent able to send the ball directly down the center.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think that really holds water. You could say that about any game system. Even system 11 can sometimes mystify people.

Have several locals who have had and sold Alvin G's for this reason. Some of who have liked the games very much. Someone is selling their head to head right now because it took them 2 years and multiple people to get it running. These are very experienced techs, the owner routes machines and services them. In When it takes an entire community to put their heads together to figure out what is wrong it will make just about anyone gun shy.

Others worry about tracking down parts. I have spent a couple years now stockpiling parts. Hundreds of dollars worth. It took two years to buy flipper bats for alvin g pins, most of us are not crazy enough to spend that kind of time. Due to the shape and the diameter of the shaft there is nothing else that will work short of replacing the entire flipper mech.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
Various other swag

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-game-plan-cyclops?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.