20181206_184817 (resized).jpg
20181206_184758 (resized).jpg
20181206_184653 (resized).jpg
20181206_184345 (resized).jpg
20181206_184322 (resized).jpg
20181206_184224 (resized).jpg
20181206_184213 (resized).jpg
20181206_184201 (resized).jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Hey guys, no clue what this is worth. Currently not working but it is complete. Just need a ballpark number for a friend. Thanks!

20181206_184201 (resized).jpg20181206_184201 (resized).jpg20181206_184213 (resized).jpg20181206_184213 (resized).jpg20181206_184224 (resized).jpg20181206_184224 (resized).jpg20181206_184322 (resized).jpg20181206_184322 (resized).jpg20181206_184345 (resized).jpg20181206_184345 (resized).jpg20181206_184653 (resized).jpg20181206_184653 (resized).jpg20181206_184758 (resized).jpg20181206_184758 (resized).jpg20181206_184817 (resized).jpg20181206_184817 (resized).jpg20181206_184820 (resized).jpg20181206_184820 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Nice looking game!

#3 5 years ago

Is it for sale?

#4 5 years ago

A local collector is wanting to trade for it and I want to make sure he is getting a fair deal. My friend is not a collector and I do not have an interest in this era of games so I have no clue what a fair trade is for him.

#5 5 years ago

Used to be able to pick these up for around a $1000 but my guess is they have gone up.

#6 5 years ago

4000 easy if working. 3500 as it sits. Clean it up and getting it running in order to get fair price and easy sale at north of 4k.

Appears pf is very nice! Parts appear complete. Non working could be something small or a need for a whole new mpu 400 bucks so that is the x factor.

Here is my thread where i flew across the country to find this very rare and fun game. I had been hunting for a bit so probably a good person to know current market.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picking-up-a-new-game-today

#7 5 years ago

Lol. Op is ignoring me, so guess he won't see my advice... in this case it appears it could have been valuable info to have.

#8 5 years ago

Sent you a PM

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Used to be able to pick these up for around a $1000 but my guess is they have gone up.

$1000? I remember when nobody wanted them and they could be bought for $400 working and cleaned. Yes they have gone wayyy up.

John

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

4000 easy if working. 3500 as it sits.

Wow I'll never forgive myself! I could have picked one up here on Long Island for 500 bucks but had to go coach a freaking soccer game!!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Wow I'll never forgive myself! I could have picked one up here on Long Island for 500 bucks but had to go coach a freaking soccer game!!

If you said baseball or football it may be acceptable... soccer man...

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

4000 easy if working. 3500 as it sits. Clean it up and getting it running in order to get fair price and easy sale at north of 4k.
Appears pf is very nice! Parts appear complete. Non working could be something small or a need for a whole new mpu 400 bucks so that is the x factor.
Here is my thread where i flew across the country to find this very rare and fun game. I had been hunting for a bit so probably a good person to know current market.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picking-up-a-new-game-today

if you pay 3500 for that game non working, having no clue on anything that works, you are a complete idiot. There is no way anyone that knows what they are doing would pay anywhere near that for a fully non working game. You have to leave meat there, because it can be a shitstorm can of worms to get that thing going. MPU's are a nightmare problem child. Transformer could be toast, displays could be gone. If the buyer is the one taking the risk, you have to make it worth while. If the backglass isn't flaking. on the backside, cabinet is solid, playfield looks fair. I say $1000 as is. Plus you are the one picking it up.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you pay 3500 for that game non working, having no clue on anything that works, you are a complete idiot. There is no way anyone that knows what they are doing would pay anywhere near that for a fully non working game. You have to leave meat there, because it can be a shitstorm can of worms to get that thing going. MPU's are a nightmare problem child. Transformer could be toast, displays could be gone. If the buyer is the one taking the risk, you have to make it worth while. If the backglass isn't flaking. on the backside, cabinet is solid, playfield looks fair. I say $1000 as is. Plus you are the one picking it up.

Lol. 3000 and i will buy it as is without any additional info or pics just to upgrade my game to one w a nicer pf. I don't have any need for a second but for 3000 i can get it working for under 500 and likely much less. Working and it is an easy sell at 4k.

You are completely out of touch on this one neo. Go do some research. Just because you want it for 1000 aint gonna make it happen.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you said baseball or football it may be acceptable... soccer man...

Lol I hear you but it was 3 or 4 years ago it might very well have been a baseball or football game. I was lucky my son loved to play all sports so I coached on all of his teams. When he hit the end of high school and all sports were coached by the teachers it was a hard year!

#15 5 years ago

Its highly valued more so its not a bad game and only 400 made. Hard to find so does go higher than most game plan games.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. 3000 and i will buy it as is without any additional info or pics just to upgrade my game to one w a nicer pf. I don't have any need for a second but for 3000 i can get it working for under 500 and likely much less. Working and it is an easy sell at 4k.
You are completely out of touch on this one neo. Go do some research. Just because you want it for 1000 aint gonna make it happen.

even at that. you are going to put all that work in, with the hopes that you can get it going for $500 and maybe get 4k on it? for $500 profit for your time and labor? That's not how you buy project games. you have to make it worth your time, effort and leave room for major things you didn't see. You act like this is your first time buying project games. WTF?

#17 5 years ago

Now I know where Stern got the idea for LUCI. It would look great next to ACDC Luci!!!!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

even at that. you are going to put all that work in, with the hopes that you can get it going for $500 and maybe get 4k on it? for $500 profit for your time and labor? That's not how you buy project games. you have to make it worth your time, effort and leave room for major things you didn't see. You act like this is your first time buying project games. WTF?

I can look at those pictures, clearly see the risks (minimal based on overall condition), have confidence in my ability (esp with a game already to make diagnosing easy), and know that this is likely a very simple fix.

I also dont sell games. I buy them

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

When you own the game it doesn't matter what kind of shape the it is in, the price goes up.

#20 5 years ago

It better have the original MPU board in it or it will never work. A MPU2 board from another GP game will probably work if cut and strapped for the ROMs required for this game. The Echo Lake GamePlan boards will not work correctly in a Cyclopes.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The Echo Lake GamePlan boards will not work correctly in a Cyclopes.

that is a bummer to hear! Never heard that and I assumed worst case Echo Lake would be the answer.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is a bummer to hear! Never heard that and I assumed worst case Echo Lake would be the answer.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-plan-mpu-2-replacements-ready-for-orders#post-3414982

#23 5 years ago

I just worked on one... I believe it was in a action war... Apox. 7k. Ouch!
I could have picked one up for $400.00 back in the day... Nobody wanted it back then...
Dam you High Speed! Or, thank you High Speed! for drowning out Game Plan.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I also dont sell games. I buy them

What happened to all those great games on your previously owned list? Did you trade them? Do you still have a lot of those games, but simply don't want people messaging you to buy them?

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

What happened to all those great games on your previously owned list? Did you trade them? Do you still have a lot of those games, but simply don't want people messaging you to buy them?

got tired of 1 dude in particular that was stalking me about specific games. simple solution.

#26 5 years ago

As it sits 3k. Game is worth at least 3500 at this point and that ones looks nice

#27 5 years ago

I just want to thank everyone for their input. All pm's have been responded to and all conversations have been forwarded to my friend. The ball is now in his court. I just want to say I am impressed with the classy pm's we received. People were extremely nice, professional, and fair. Thank you again and everyone have a great weekend!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

It better have the original MPU board in it or it will never work. A MPU2 board from another GP game will probably work if cut and strapped for the ROMs required for this game. The Echo Lake GamePlan boards will not work correctly in a Cyclopes.

Agree original MPU is important, and if the sound board is missing, good luck finding a replacement.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

As it sits 3k. Game is worth at least 3500 at this point and that ones looks nice

Don't get this logic. Its 3k if its a title you are chasing and unable to find. It its something you are on the fence about 500 margin with a completely dead game is idiotic to chase. Yeah, sometimes we get lucky and its a 5 dollar part, or even a fuse. Other times we take a bath because the mpu is shot, displays are shot, and then you wind up spending hours chasing faulty sockets.

Maybe you like throwing money away, but realistically as a gamble, its a bad one. Doesn't matter how much whysnow can *know* from looking at a couple pictures, he doesn't *know* anything about the electronics in this machine.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Don't get this logic. Its 3k if its a title you are chasing and unable to find. It its something you are on the fence about 500 margin with a completely dead game is idiotic to chase. Yeah, sometimes we get lucky and its a 5 dollar part, or even a fuse. Other times we take a bath because the mpu is shot, displays are shot, and then you wind up spending hours chasing faulty sockets.
Maybe you like throwing money away, but realistically as a gamble, its a bad one. Doesn't matter how much whysnow can *know* from looking at a couple pictures, he doesn't *know* anything about the electronics in this machine.

sounds like you are pissed a non-informed seller did not make you a deal, lol.

Just the reality that even IF the MPU is shot this game is 3500 or better.

Go find another cyclopes for sale and report back for us when you do...

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like you are pissed a non-informed seller did not make you a deal, lol.
Just the reality that even IF the MPU is shot this game is 3500 or better.
Go find another cyclopes for sale and report back for us when you do...

If the game is worth 3500 and is dead as a door nail, paying 3k is idiotic. If it is worth 4k, paying 3500 is likewise idiotic.

Telling me to go find another *insert title here* is moot. I have plenty of games in my collection I can pull the same crap with. It doesn't change the fact that they tend to change hands for a given amount and if you ask too much they sit. So by your logic, I won't be paying 3k for a dead USA football, Mystery Castle, Radical, or 24 because when you get it to fire up you might find yourself losing a chunk of change to make it work.

You want to put your money where you mouth is and offer 3500 to the op's friend believing it is a 4k game? Doesn't make you right it just makes you foolish.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

just makes you foolish.

call me a fool all you want. Reality is that if one fool is willing to pay 3500 then that is what the game would sell for.

I am under the impression the OP already has multiple offers on the table and instead has decided to keep and get the game working first.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

So by your logic, I won't be paying 3k for a dead USA football, Mystery Castle, Radical, or 24 because when you get it to fire up you might find yourself losing a chunk of change to make it work.

Wait - I can resolve this argument. Dung - you are correct - if you are merely trying to flip a game, then having a max profit cap of $500 to $1000 with a lot of unknowns is dumb.

However! What Hilton is saying is that condition and rarity are king. He said it was worth $3k to him just to upgrade the cosmetics on his game.

I get both sides and both sides are valid depending on perspective.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Wait - I can resolve this argument. Dung - you are correct - if you are merely trying to flip a game, then having a max profit cap of $500 to $1000 with a lot of unknowns is dumb.
However! What Hilton is saying is that condition and rarity are king. He said it was worth $3k to him just to upgrade the cosmetics on his game.
I get both sides and both sides are valid depending on perspective.

...buzzkill...

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

call me a fool all you want. Reality is that if one fool is willing to pay 3500 then that is what the game would sell for.
I am under the impression the OP already has multiple offers on the table and instead has decided to keep and get the game working first.

That game might sell for 3500, but the next one might not. It also might sell for 3500 today and 6 months for now sit at 3k it all depends who is looking at the time.

#36 5 years ago

Personally, I don't think $1000-$1500 is unreasonable. I've seen that number tossed around in the recent past. I'm not sure where all of a sudden this $3000-$3500 price is coming from. This thread is the first I think I've heard of that number for this title.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Personally, I don't think $1000-$1500 is unreasonable.

I know the price guides still show this game at $800 for some reason. I paid a lot more than $1,500 for mine. It's one of those games that if you're waiting for a $1,500 Cyclopes to become available, you better be in a truck, cash in pocket and 5 miles from the seller when the ad hits. Other than probably Star Gazer, Cyclopes is one of the top games people keep hounding me to sell them.

#38 5 years ago

It's a hard game to find in decent shape. Only a couple hundred probably still exist.

#39 5 years ago

Good thing I got mine before Whysnow Much more affordable before hype.
There is not 3k worth of fun there.

Sorry Hilton. Not a dig on you, just my opinion on value.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Good thing I got mine before whysnow Much more affordable before hype.

What do you think they're worth in terms of value? I may be interested if you're looking to sell.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Glad you got one cheap. After 3plus years of hunting and keeping dibs on multiple sales, the market was clear to me.

Definitely 3k+ worth of fun IMHO (combined with rarity) and I had zero issue spending more to finally get one. I know of one that is currently available for sale at 4500 but nowhere as cosmetically nice as the one I picked up or this one in the thread.

I know of 2 others where I had standing offers of 4k and they were not going anywhere. I know people like to say it is hype. Reality is that I rarely if ever sell games. There is no reason for me to artificially pump a game. I just speak the truth of prices and since I have likely kept closer dibs on this title than most... I have info of reasonable value.

Maybe Ed from BNL can share what he paid as rumor is he got the 2nd PAPA one which they used to have.
Before that a sample sold for 4500 easily (I should have bought it)
Before that you have to go back a few years to find other public sales and that data is out of touch.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Personally, I don't think $1000-$1500 is unreasonable.

good luck in your hunt. unless you are both quick and lucky... it ain't happening.

Quoted from jj44114:

Only a couple hundred probably still exist.

only a couple hundred were originally made. Reports say 400, but people at gameplan when they shut down have said numbers were over reported to make things sound better as the end came to be. I was told around 250 of each Andromeda and Cyclopes when originally made.

I would guess there are approximately 100-150 still in existence.

#42 5 years ago

the game is kinda rare, but not really rare as far as rare games go. Whysnow also tried to convince me that a standard playing Raven is $1500 all day long. :/ When I could buy that game 10 times over for $400-500. I guess he just likes to overpay for stuff.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

also, if you are looking to sell,

Mike is a great dude and I know he has been interested in finding a Cyclopes also.

If it is not worth 3k of fun to you, then you might as well take the cash and run. Use that money to buy something that is 3k of fun.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Whysnow also tried to convince me that a standard playing Raven is $1500 all day long.

I have no idea what you are taking about.

#45 5 years ago

madrolling, when Raven was given away at as a price we had an argument about the value of it. I told you that you were high as fawk.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

madrolling, when Raven was given away at as a price we had an argument about the value of it. I told you that you were high as fawk.

it was a charity event... Instead of supporting the charity you wanted to complain about the valuation of a game that was given away for free as a prize as part of a raffle.

#47 5 years ago

it was a great prize. but we were discussing value of the game as discussion. Nothing to do with that that particular game was for. Going rate value is going rate value regardless. $400 value game or not, it was still and awesome prize. Us disagreeing about the value of it, is not complaining. You tried to convince me that Ravens sell for $1500 all day long. And I told you that you were high and full of shit. It's not complaining.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it was a great prize. but we were discussing value of the game as discussion. Nothing to do with that that particular game was for. Going rate value is going rate value regardless. $400 value game or not, it was still and awesome prize. Us disagreeing about the value of it, is not complaining. You tried to convince me that Ravens sell for $1500 all day long. And I told you that you were high and full of shit. It's not complaining.

no, i told you exactly what it was purchased for to be used as a prize. not even near $1500

I explained to you then the dynamic of listing a high retail price for any prize at a charity event. You did not seem to understand it then or now.

#49 5 years ago

no you did not. We never talked about what you bought it for, we were talking about going rates of Raven. That's all we talked about with it.

It's not downgrading the prize regardless. Whether it's a $400-500 game or a $1500 game, it's still a game raffle and tickets will be purchased based on how well that particular person likes that specific game. Alien poker is in the same boat. Floats around the $500-700 range as well for standard players machines. Still an awesome prize.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the game is kinda rare, but not really rare as far as rare games go. Whysnow also tried to convince me that a standard playing Raven is $1500 all day long. :/ When I could buy that game 10 times over for $400-500. I guess he just likes to overpay for stuff.

Agreed and besides that rarity does not always equate to valuable. If that was the case dinosaur eggs would be highly sought after, its not. Personally I find cyclopes to be ugly as sin, but that is my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-game-plan-cyclops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.