Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

diner pinball pic4.JPG
diner pinball pic5.JPG
diner pinball pic2.JPG
diner pinball pic3.JPG
diner pinball pic1.JPG

#1 6 years ago

I have an opportunity to grab 3 mint condition System 11's from a private collector, they look amazing and the only issue is the price. He has a Whirlwind, Earthshaker and Diner. Let me know what you guy's think are fair prices for each game. I didn't take pics but trust me they are mint, the only issue at all is on the Whirlwind and its very minor cabinet wear that has been painted well to match original status. Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Mint?

Those games are worth at least $2500 each.

#3 6 years ago

Wow for mint, that's tough, plus those are all desirable titles. I am unsure of Canadian prices as well. Taking a stab at it, assuming they also work 100%

Whirlwind: $3,500+
earthshaker: $3,200+
Diner: $3,000+

I am sure others will chime in as well.

I am also using prices in my area as a reference, bay area CA prices tend to be higher, but from what I have seen that's kinda the same for Canada.

#4 6 years ago

I was thinking same as above in between 3000.00 and 3500.00

#5 6 years ago

We talking cleared or diamond plated playfields, perfect plastics, perfect cabinets here? Without a cleared playfield and perfect shape I'd find $3k + a little tough for these titles. If all original just very nice, I'd think more $2100-2300 each. $3k+ and these things would need cleared playfields, all repro plastics, perfect cabs, perfect ramps, basically no wear.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

We talking cleared or diamond plated playfields, perfect plastics, perfect cabinets here? Without a cleared playfield and perfect shape I'd find $3k + a little tough for these titles. If all original just very nice, I'd think more $2100-2300 each. $3k+ and these things would need cleared playfields, all repro plastics, perfect cabs, perfect ramps, basically no wear.

I agree with this. The prices seem high. Honestly it is VERY hard to judge without pictures. One person's idea of mint = other person's idea of trashed.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Wow for mint, that's tough, plus those are all desirable titles. I am unsure of Canadian prices as well. Taking a stab at it, assuming they also work 100%
I am also using prices in my area as a reference, bay area CA prices tend to be higher, but from what I have seen that's kinda the same for Canada.

You are pretty well right on with what he's asking within a $1000.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Mint?
Those games are worth at least $2500 each.

Yep, easy. I am thinking 28-29 each

#9 6 years ago

I've been collecting for a while now and gone through many machines so I have a good grasp of mint, here's a couple pics of the Diner I just had him send me.

diner pinball pic1.JPG diner pinball pic2.JPG diner pinball pic3.JPG diner pinball pic4.JPG diner pinball pic5.JPG
#10 6 years ago

Nevermind, subtract $250 from what I previously said due to all of those colored LEDS.

#11 6 years ago

Pics without the LEDs on would be better to see what it really looks like.

#12 6 years ago

I would redo all the lights so don't care what's in them now. In Canada you really are looking at $500 above what they would worth in the States. Anyway thanks for the advice.

#13 6 years ago

Based on your description, I'd say $8000USD for all 3. So, maybe $9500CD?

#14 6 years ago

Nevermind, subtract $250 from what I previously said due to all of those colored LEDS.

Yeah, and purple on this game? Not sure what the guy was thinking when he did that. It just doesn't look right at all. Only my opinion, of course.

#15 6 years ago

Diner=2800…Earthshaker=2900…WW=3000.I sold a mint Diamond-plated Diner for 2000(in 1992) Three great games for sure.

#16 6 years ago

I think WW would have to be pristine/collector quality *and* HUO (highly unlikely) to go at $3K. I believe there was someone here recently that sold a pretty decent one for $2K just in the last couple of months.

#17 6 years ago

I agree with these and not the lower estimates.

#18 6 years ago

That's a routed machine. Good looking machine though.

#19 6 years ago

With The_Director on this. Diner will likely have raised inserts even under mylar and the others might as well. For $3K they should have cleared playfields, etc. 7500 would be good range for all three.

Two Lawlors and a Ritchie (M) , all three great pins though. System 11 heaven.

#20 6 years ago

Yeah, when I estimated those high prices, that's for mint. Perfect playfield with no raised inserts, mint to me means in perfect original condition, looking like it came out of the box.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

With The_Director on this. Diner will likely have raised inserts even under mylar and the others might as well. For $3K they should have cleared playfields, etc. 7500 would be good range for all three.
Two Lawlors and a Ritchie (M) , all three great pins though. System 11 heaven.

Whats the director?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Whats the director?

"The_Director" is a pinsider who wrote the following:

Quoted from The_Director:

For the record, I agree with him in principal. I believe that each one would find a buyer if listed for $2,600-$2,800. Pricing them at $3K+ will simply limit the market to those that truly value the title. They could sell, but it may take a while to find the buyer who will pay that price.

Hope you are able to work a deal and get at least one of them. All three are excellent games!

Marcus

#23 6 years ago

Thanks Marcus

#24 6 years ago

http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay0514.htm

and someone please tell the seller of these fine games to stop letting cotton candy cum on the lights on diner.

#25 6 years ago

I wouldn't pay more than $6k for the lot. Maybe that's just me, but this is a package deal so you'd expect some sort of discount for grabbing all 3 at once.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside