4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bsnelson
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150114_225817.jpg
    springtime 4.jpg
    springtime 3.jpg
    springtime 2.jpg
    springtime 5.jpg
    FullSizeRender (33).jpg
    _burnt-toast-article-cancer-from-grilled-food.jpg
    $_35.JPG
    20150112_222113-1.jpg
    P1080032.JPG
    005.JPG
    004.JPG
    003.JPG
    002.JPG
    001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DB62.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago

NOT crazy to me at all, infact, I would add on at least $500 more for some titles, that are truly minty. You forgot to also add in new coin door, new coin entry plate, new plunger and other chrome stuff and a cabinet repaint done the CORRECT way.

I used to think that way myself about NOT clearcoating a EM playfield ... but once I got my 1st playfield repainted and then clearcoated, it was BEAUTIFUL!!! No wear anywhere and no more worries with it ... EVER ... Plus, it plays a lot better. NO more balls changing direction because of cupped inserts and other playfield problems.

I will post before and after pictures of my COW POKE and other EM's someday. Again, everybody has there own opinions and preferences, but don't knock a clearcoated EM playfield until you tried one ... of course that pin still has to be set up and working 100% correctly with rebuilt flippers, rebuilt pop bumpers and everything adjusted correctly, because if it is NOT, that is usually why people don't like EM's or won't ever give them a chance play wise, because they play so slow and sluggish. If they are tuned just right, there is NOTHING better than a classic EM.

Dan

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I might be in the minority of this thread, but I wouldn't pay 2500 for any EM games. Part of the charm of an EM game is how much value it provides. Crazy good value, and so much fun that can be bought inexpensively. I will grant you that it may be because so few people desire them, but when they are in the 2500 range, I want something more.
    There is nothing like a well sorted EM. But gives it to me in original shape with 40 years of history. Get it playing well, and set me lose on it. It's going to be a fun night!

So I guess I should have left my pitch & bat in its ORIGINAL condition, instead of RESTORING it??? I know its not a EM pinball, but I have these pics handy on my computer, so that's why I used them ... but same principle here.
    001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG

#29 4 years ago

Oooops, I used the unfinished bleacher picture ... here is the completely finshed pic.

P1080032.JPG
    #32 4 years ago

Thank you. I have only hit it ONCE ... and I almost peed myself!

#35 4 years ago

Rat

Just curious why you think a clearcoated EM plays like garbage. I think they play ALOT better ... everyone has there own likes and dislikes ... I just want to know your reasons.

#40 4 years ago

That's fine ... maybe it depends on how many coats of clear your playfield had put on it. My EM's play SLIGHTY faster and again, the ball does NOT change directions by cupped inserts or other playfield problems. Everybody likes things different ... no worries

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We all would like to get paid for our time. But the truth is restoring a basket case is a labor of love and will never be able to equal a well maintained original.

I agree with you about not getting back all your money for the time you have into them ... BUT ... my opinion is that a completely restored and well maintained EM is at least equal too, if not more valuable than a original EM ... and I do have both types of these EM's ... Just my 2 cents

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

been lurking this a bit (because I love this discussion), but I think Dirt said it best - that it comes down to a judgement call, on a game-by-game basis.

I agree if it is a really, really nice original to leave it alone ... BUT ... I am a (AAB) guy being from Wisconsin and those titles are very hard to find at all and when I find that pin I have been looking forever for, it is usually beat up pretty good. The cabinet is real rough, the playfield has lots of wear and so on, so that's why I get mine restored all the way around. Plus, the restored ones look so puurrttyyy, that when one of those sits next to a original EM in average shape, it just begs me out loud. I need a paint job and a playfield restore and lots more!

Post edited by DB62: wrong wording

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 16.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 229.99
    $ 269.99
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 25.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DB62.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside