large.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Always wanted a HS but I don't seem to ever find them close enough. This one popped up about an hour or so away, but the wear has me a little hesitant. Fully working including the strobe on top. Was asking 1100 which I think is too high, though in my area (NY Metro) machines seem to go for a bit more than average. Opinions?

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

More

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 10 years ago

That's some pretty heinous wear. Of a lesser issue, the secondary rubber around the star post of the slingshot isn't factory. $1100 is overpriced to me, and I own one.

#4 10 years ago

I would not consider it unless you are banking on the replacement playfield.

#5 10 years ago

if you really want one and can live with the playfield and it is fully working I would max out @ 700 and try for 600.

#6 10 years ago

I paid 1200 for mine a couple years ago with little to no wear (factory mylar), 100% working and shopped. Even that was a touch high imo but locally the prices are insane so I took what I could get.

I'd be putting this one around the 600-700 mark, then with the new CPR playfield you'd be up to 1200-1300 all in which isn't too bad for a gorgeous playfield machine.

#7 10 years ago

700 tops, if everything else is working. Hopefully the PFs will be out by the end of the year.

#8 10 years ago

Also, that cracked bumper cap wont be an easy replacement if that's what you would like to do... very hard to find.

#9 10 years ago

I don't think 1100 is too high-but it is for this example. Ditto what's been said before...if you can't live with that playfield & don't want to buy a new one, pass on this one.

#10 10 years ago

I wouldn't go over $500 myself, assuming everything else works perfect. New playfield is a must, that's ~$700, not counting the PIA of a swap. That'd still have you at $1200. You can find a beautiful HS generally for $1300-1400 and not have to worry with pf swap.

#11 10 years ago

Agreed,
I just paid $1400 for a VERY nice all original example.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from lukex:

Also, that cracked bumper cap wont be an easy replacement if that's what you would like to do... very hard to find.

Agreed to a point, just a matter of being patient really. I got 3 brand new NOS ones for my HS for 12 bucks on ebay about a year ago. Yes, I got lucky, but they are out there!

Using the standard pop bumper caps doesn't look too bad either, which was my original plan until the NOS ones fell in my lap.

#13 10 years ago

You can do this:

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8498

But I always thought that a great mod would be to use a green, yellow and red bumper cap... especially if you could find all three in an old DE or Sega style.

large.jpglarge.jpg 550-5057-xx.jpg550-5057-xx.jpg

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

You can do this:
http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8498
But I always thought that a great mod would be to use a green, yellow and red bumper cap... especially if you could find all three in an old DE or Sega style.

Tie the pop bumper lights into the associated color, and that would be kind of cool!

It would make that area of the game pretty dark though, so adding in some spot lights may need to be in order.

#15 10 years ago

Thanks, guys. I think I'm going to pass. I just can't convince myself that the playfield wear won't bother me (because that's all I will see when I play).

Anyone have one close to 10598 they wanna sell me?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Tie the pop bumper lights into the associated color, and that would be kind of cool!
It would make that area of the game pretty dark though, so adding in some spot lights may need to be in order.

Cool idea. Would be easy to daisy chain off either the stoplight over the ramp or the standup a next to the bumpers if you wanted some flashing effects.

#17 10 years ago

Glad you passed on that one, if your not into resto then you would have been miserable. I found mine on ebay, I was the only one to bid on it and I got it for 1200 and it came with a new set of plastics. The PF and BG are in beautiful shape but the front of the cab needs to be re-stenciled. It arrives tomorrow.

#18 10 years ago

The $1100 asking price is why its still for sale.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Glad you passed on that one, if your not into resto then you would have been miserable. I found mine on ebay, I was the only one to bid on it and I got it for 1200 and it came with a new set of plastics. The PF and BG are in beautiful shape but the front of the cab needs to be re-stenciled. It arrives tomorrow.

Yeah definitely not into resto; at least not yet. Was that the HS in Florida? I saw that one too recently.

#20 10 years ago

Yup, can't believe I was the only bidder, may be the shipping turned people off. But when you find a nice example of a game at an attractive price don't think twice about the shipping cost. Ya gotta get it to you somehow right.

#21 10 years ago

I was thinking about it, but thought I had a lead on another, closer one (different than the one I show in this thread), but that turned out to be a POS. I'm glad you grabbed the FL one though. It is a nice looking one!

#22 10 years ago

Well I got it today, plugged it in and only the right half of the back box lights came on and no it wasn't the bulbs, really pissed me off so I sent the seller a nasty note through ebay. We'll see what happens next. I may open a case on him or I may not. It will need all new rubbers and some but not much PF touch ups but nothing I can't handle. Hope you find a nice one.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well I got it today, plugged it in and only the right half of the back box lights came on and no it wasn't the bulbs, really pissed me off so I sent the seller a nasty note through ebay. We'll see what happens next. I may open a case on him or I may not. It will need all new rubbers and some but not much PF touch ups but nothing I can't handle. Hope you find a nice one.

Try wiggling the GI connector and/or checking the fuses with a multimeter. Connectors might be a little burnt. Could be a really simple fix.

#24 10 years ago

Fyi: someone sells a decal that goes over that wear near the flippers.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Try wiggling the GI connector and/or checking the fuses with a multimeter. Connectors might be a little burnt. Could be a really simple fix.

Yeah I have to try a few things, I'm thinking it's a bad trace because the right side is out, if it were a fuse all the lights would be out. But it doesn't help matters when your multi meter takes a dump and it's 110 degrees in the garage where the game was delivered to. Oh and the jet bumper lights are out too, hoping it's just the bulbs. Thanks for the suggestions. I love this place, everyone is so helpful.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Fyi: someone sells a decal that goes over that wear near the flippers.

Yes that decal covers most of that wear. I was lucky with mine, it has factory (I think factory) mylar on most of the pf.

#27 10 years ago

Looks like a $500 - $600 game to me with all that wear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-for-hs-this-condition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.