New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 154272)

Price check for Gottlieb Barb Wire

By ForceFlow

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Whatever you are told here for value, take it with a grain of salt Always keep your guard up! Double and triple check outside of public forums!

I've noticed that geographic region plays a pretty big role in the value of the game as well. I could be wrong, but I've noticed that out in more rural areas, pinball prices tend to be a lot lower, and around cities, there's a bit of "pinflation" just for being in or near an area with a higher average income.

I live right outside of Philly, and I can tell you with almost complete confidence that a Barb Wire will sell for no less than $2K around here. If it's got a DMD and it works, regardless of the title, it'll sell no cheaper than $2K--and that'd be a "steal." Now, if the game were located out in Iowa or Wisconsin, it'd probably be half that, but here sandwiched between NYC and Philly, people think they can sell that dusty old game in their basement to pay off their student loans.

Deals crop up every once in a while around these parts, but you have to fight to get them.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol. You do realize that Chicago is the radiation of all things pinball and it has more popularity in this area than most.

Yep. In my hurry to type in something, that state came to mind first. Just mentally edit Wisconsin for Oklahoma or Nebraska or some other wide open state.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 249.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 289.00
$ 25.50
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 209.99
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside