Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Barb Wire doesn't seem to come up very often, and as a result, there's not very much in terms of sales data. So, what would one of these games go for when shopped and in good condition?

#2 8 years ago

1500.00 in nice shape, my opinion though.

#3 8 years ago

second that, about 1500. only 1000 made and I thought it was/is a fun game.

#4 8 years ago

It is rare, but I've never heard anyone saying it is *good*. Mind you I have a thing for SF2 and there are plenty that hate it.

Wouldn't pay more than 1200 for one. Keep in mind rare is not necessarily desirable. For years Godzilla was a sub 2k game. It started creeping up because people figure out its great for tournaments due to even scoring. LIS still gets no love because of the shallow code and it has half the production of Barb Wire.

#5 8 years ago

I have noticed many folks here rate Gottlieb's lower..way lower sometimes. Not much love. Be careful. My opinion is 1,500 min.

5 months ago people here told me my Maverick would not fetch a dollar more than 1,000 and my LW3 would barely get the same (actually 900 was stated). I sold both for $1,650 each lol. Had back up offers too. It is the same thing in the acdc Luci thread. Some there say they are worth $6k tops...maximum...not a cent more!!! I have 3 standing offers for $8k. If I leave the invisiglass, cannon mod,bell mod, shaker and speaker led mod in then I can have $8,500 cash in my hand all day, every day from Mon to Sun lol.

Whatever you are told here for value, take it with a grain of salt Always keep your guard up! Double and triple check outside of public forums!

#6 8 years ago

I think the $1500 number is reasonable. I'm really starting to like the system 3 gottliebs.

#7 8 years ago

There's been one on Mr. Pinball for months for $1100. I told my friend about it and we just picked it up couple weeks ago: it was in reasonably good condition. It didn't seem that enticing to me when I played when we picked it up, but I need to play some more to see.

Retailer in Vancouver, BC has one for sale for CDN $4000, lol...

#9 8 years ago

I've seen 2 of them at $1,200 and $1,500 (good players condition) in my area, and sitting for a bit.

1 month later
#10 8 years ago

I own one, think I paid $1400 for it over a year ago, great condition.

Wonderful game. Ruleset is better than you think for a DMD system 3. Has some modes, a few risk reward things....great multiball. And it does have Pam Anderson staring at you...

Personally, I think it is a steal at 1500 or lower. If you have to have it, 1800 would not be insane cause it rarely pops up for sale.

#11 8 years ago

I paid $1,000 for a HUO Barb-Wire. Sat in an operators home game room since it came out. Filthy, but cleaned up decent. Im an operator too & its definitely not HUO anymore. It gets decent amount of love in my arcade.

#12 8 years ago

I paid $1,200.00 for mine a few months ago, pretty clean 100% working, nothing broke that I could find, but had to adjust the left upper scoop cause most of the time it would shoot the ball out and drain right down the middle. Pretty fun DVD game for the money.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I have noticed many folks here rate Gottlieb's lower..way lower sometimes. Not much love. Be careful. My opinion is 1,500 min.
5 months ago people here told me my Maverick would not fetch a dollar more than 1,000 and my LW3 would barely get the same (actually 900 was stated). I sold both for $1,650 each lol. Had back up offers too. It is the same thing in the acdc Luci thread. Some there say they are worth $6k tops...maximum...not a cent more!!! I have 3 standing offers for $8k. If I leave the invisiglass, cannon mod,bell mod, shaker and speaker led mod in then I can have $8,500 cash in my hand all day, every day from Mon to Sun lol.
Whatever you are told here for value, take it with a grain of salt Always keep your guard up! Double and triple check outside of public forums!

Unknowing pinball buyers will buy at a higher price. But people in the pinball community will not buy a LW3 or a maverick for 1650, Sorry we all know what kind of players they are.. So when asking on this group for 1650 for these titles you are correct you will not sell them. Sell on CL to non pinball people (first time buyers) is the only hope for these titles at a crazy price of 1650 each.

#14 8 years ago

So back to BW,,, 1500 tops for this machine, Owned it, ok player. But don't pay more then that.

#15 8 years ago

I love GTB games and I would not pay more than 1200 for a nice condition one.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I've noticed that geographic region plays a pretty big role in the value of the game as well. I could be wrong, but I've noticed that out in more rural areas, pinball prices tend to be a lot lower, and around cities, there's a bit of "pinflation" just for being in or near an area with a higher average income.

I live right outside of Philly, and I can tell you with almost complete confidence that a Barb Wire will sell for no less than $2K around here. If it's got a DMD and it works, regardless of the title, it'll sell no cheaper than $2K--and that'd be a "steal." Now, if the game were located out in Iowa or Wisconsin, it'd probably be half that, but here sandwiched between NYC and Philly, people think they can sell that dusty old game in their basement to pay off their student loans.

Deals crop up every once in a while around these parts, but you have to fight to get them.

#17 8 years ago

lol. You do realize that Chicago is the radiation of all things pinball and it has more popularity in this area than most.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol. You do realize that Chicago is the radiation of all things pinball and it has more popularity in this area than most.

Yep. In my hurry to type in something, that state came to mind first. Just mentally edit Wisconsin for Oklahoma or Nebraska or some other wide open state.

#19 8 years ago

If anyone has one they want to trade or sell around here, please send me a PM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-for-gottlieb-barb-wire?hl=moonwalkerarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.