(Topic ID: 75947)

Price Check for a routed medieval madness.

By wbarcume

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TaTa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

400full.jpg.gif
ERICPBALL-edit cop3desk.jpg
wenches.jpg
google  logo.jpg
yumyum.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djb_rh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

There has been a lot of discussion about this issue, but has anyone actually seen one change hands since the big announcement?

This.

The MMr is far enough along to affect MM prices, certainly. How much? Hard to say until they change hands.

All the hand-wringing about how much MMr affects prices AFTER it's released is idle speculation in need of a LOT more info. MMr *could* be enough better than MM to really hurt it. Or it could be mediocre enough to not affect it much at all. Hard to say on this one.

As for "call HEP", that's not a good answer, either. I feel VERY confident that while an MMr might be VERY nice, I still very much doubt the playfield clearcoat will be quite as good as hand done work by Chris. I also very much doubt a pin right off any assembly line will play as good, nor for as long, as a pin done by Chris. They simply don't and won't have THAT much attention to detail on an assembly line. And I wouldn't expect them to.

That said, at last check Chris says MM's are running $5-6k for him to restore for an average condition machine. But I just don't see beater MM's EVER dropping to sub-$3k to compensate for what it would take for Chris to restore one. Sub-$5k? Maybe, but MMr will definitely have to be amazing. Oh, and far more available than just the ones that get preordered...continued production will be required for a while.

But then the question starts to become "how big is this hobby?" As in "how many $8k+ machines can this hobby support being sold at one time?" Or better yet, *all* the time? I still feel like it could devalue nearly *all* high end machines...

--Donnie

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hey, that's from OUR ren faire. I recognize the background.
Right now, i'd say he might get close to 8, but that price will keep going down as it gets closer to MMR's releases. I really think it's going to tank Routed MM's once released. Repo parts are made the same, if not better (thicker ramps) than the original. There is no reason it won't be the same. The boards might be different, but that's about it. If all the parts are there, you could always put in WPC95 boards if you wanted to. As long as the wiring harness is wired the same.

The wiring harness won't be the same and won't even be close, so that's a non-starter there. Sounds like there's a chance Rick will offer his new board system and some kind of adapter to put it in old machines, but not the opposite.

--Donnie

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

It'll be nice to know if the boss could answer a few of the questions posted here tomorrow, Monday. Please post his answers.
The main and first question to ask is what he paid for it. Next set of quesiton would obviously be the condition of the MM.
As a thought; if the MM was routed by him, then he must have made some money off of it, most likely even making a profit, dependent on how long and where he had it routed. Therefore, offering $6K or even less is reasonable.

You obviously don't know much about the route business. Or business in general.

If he's the guy that routed it and he didn't make MANY TIMES what he paid for it (if he bought it new or many years ago, even), he was doing it WAY wrong. And given that, why would he sell it for cheap just because it paid for itself? If anything, that's a great sign that it's worth more, not LESS.

Telling this guy to offer his boss under $6k for this machine is a recipe for disaster, IMHO. All the guy has to do is pull up some completed eBay auctions and he'll feel like he's being screwed (whether he knows about MMr or not!). Or look at the current TC auction. Because I don't care how far his machine is removed from being that nice, NOBODY will think it costs $6k+ to get it IN that condition (even though it might cost that much for all we know, nobody will think that about their machine).

Best advice? Make him throw out the number. If it's STUPID low (like under $5k), you have to figure out if you want to take the chance of losing your job for not educating him. If it's what you're willing to pay, negotiate a little and pay it. If it's way high, educate him on the remakes and what you think it's worth and if he doesn't want to sell for that, no sweat. *shrug*

--Donnie

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Come on now Donnie...! Although I totally agree with your first sentence, I have no idea of the pinball routing business, this is just my first year in pinball. Your second sentence is totally ignorant; you don't know me at all. I'll be glad to hear about your business acumen and wisdom, especially if you're able to make your first two million (in savings) before the age of 40. I'm all ears Donnie...

Sorry, I'll actually apologize for the second sentence. Seriously. It wasn't necessary. My bad.

As for your last sentence, well, let's just say it's as big of a gaffe on your part as my assertion of your general business skills.

--Donnie

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djb_rh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-for-a-routed-medieval-madness?tu=djb_rh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.