Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just curious to what is a good price and or going rate on these 3 pins. Seems prices are all over the place. Fun game? Good replay value? Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

Bone stock huo wolverine is 5k. 5300 maybe if you find someone desperate.

#3 10 years ago

I heard the going rate for an IJ is $3100-I will give you $3300

#4 10 years ago

I like X-Men over BDK.
but BDK is fun to bash the crane.

#5 10 years ago

5 grand for X-men if your lucky, dont be stubborn if you want to sell it.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Bone stock huo wolverine is 5k. 5300 maybe if you find someone desperate.

I think $5300 is the bottom rate, 5k is a bit extreme and is more reflective of a desperate seller than buyers not wanting to buy it at a higher price.

I'd say the range for XM is $5300-$5800 for dialed in with a few mods. $6k if there's a lot of bells and whistles. I'd get XM now because IF the code gets finished, the pricing will start raising fairly quick, I would assume.

Have you played XM in person yet? Like the layout/shot feel? Then get it!

IJ4 (to me) is just kinda "meh", and will still cost you 4k+.

BDK is fun, but doesn't have long legs in a collection (again, in my opinion). Rules aren't terribly deep.

XM has ridiculous depth, and that's with incomplete code! The playstyle, to me, never gets old, a VERY challenging game. Of the 3 you listed, XM is a slam dunk for the current price. The risk with XM though is the possibility of the code becoming abandonware. But even as is, it's a blast to play and will make you a better player. I would say that I would recommend going PRO for XM though, because the pricing will be more stable and still plays solid without having to worry about Nightcrawler or Iceramp issues, but if you can get a great deal on an LE, jump on it! The lights how on the LE was the clincher for me, personally.

But again, if you do NOT really like the layout of XM and how the shots feel, than pass on it and get BDK. Event the deep rule set can't win you over if you don't dig how close/big the Wolvie toy is, or how narrow the shots are.

NOTE: I have spent a lot of time playing all 3 machines, so my opinion is based off of that, and I am notedly a big advocate for XM on this board, so take my recommendations with as many grains of salt as you need

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I think $5300 is the bottom rate, 5k is a bit extreme and is more reflective of a desperate seller than buyers not wanting to buy it at a higher price.
I'd say the range for XM is $5300-$5800 for dialed in with a few mods. $6k if there's a lot of bells and whistles. I'd get XM now because IF the code gets finished, the pricing will start raising fairly quick, I would assume.

turbo20lbs had one for sale last month with around 30 plays and heard crickets even when he dropped it down from 5.3K to 5K. Luckily he found one person who wanted it but besides that one person he had zero interest from others at 5K and would have had to gone even lower. This was when people thought the code would be finished but after hearing what Ritchie said about X-men I don't see how the pricing will go up. I don't think selling at 5K is desperate and think people wanting to get much more are hoping for a newbie who doesn't know any better. TF LE's go for under 5K so don't see why it's inconceivable that XMEN follows suite. They are even selling XMEN LE's at costco so sales must have really fallen off if stern is that desperate.

#8 10 years ago

There are 1 sales record of HUO X-men Wolverine LE on Pinball Price with a sold at auction price of $5600, there is also a NIB sales record of $6395 for this game.

There are 22 sales records of Indiana Jones by Stern on Pinball Price and the average sale price is $3790.00 for this game.

and There are 16 sales records of Batman Dark Knight on Pinball Price and the average sale price is $4199.00 for this game.

Remember a game is only worth what somebody will pay you for it, You be the judge:

http://www.pinballprice.com/

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

This was when people thought the code would be finished but after hearing what Ritchie said about X-men I don't see how the pricing will go up.

What Ritchie said has since been negated by Stern. The blowback from the community after what Ritchie said about XM code has caused Stern to set aside the man-hours/time to finish the "finish" the code for XM. This has been confirmed by multiple sources, including distributors.

Quoted from BoJo:

turbo20lbs had one for sale last month with around 30 plays and heard crickets even when he dropped it down from 5.3K to 5K. Luckily he found one person who wanted it but besides that one person he had zero interest from others at 5K and would have had to gone even lower.

That is Turbo's experience, and keep in mind that with ST coming out, a lot of people were selling mages off at great prices to pick up ST, this always happens when new games come out. As such, it makes it harder to sell a game than it normally would without going below what's considered the "bargain" price because everyone's trying to save their dough for the newest title. So it's understandable that it went for 5k. However, one game selling for 5k doesn't make a trend. My estimation stays as MOST XMLE's have gone for between 5.3-5.8k. Sucks that Turbo had to sell at 5k, but unless a tend happens of selling them at 5k, you can't call that the "going rate" currently. Plus, as I stated above, code is being worked on as we speak on XM, and with the code completed, it should be pretty magnificent. A great time to buy one if you guys are looking for one.

.....meh, of course, in the end, it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it *shrug*....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-for-a-huo-x-men-wolverine-le-huo-batman-dark-knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.