060.JPG
image-497.jpg
image-672.jpg
image-143.jpg
image-71.jpg
image-334.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'm looking to. It a firepower and found one today. The asking price is $995 and the guy said he only has about a $50 wiggle room. The initial inspection the game looked great. Pretty clean cabinet and very minor flaking to the backglass. I played a few games on it and every thing seemed fine besides the spinne doesn't score, the left drain switch sticks and the drain save is weak. Sometimes it doesn't even push the ball back out. The power lights on the playfeild didn't light either after the right target banks were out. After removing the playfeild glass there were a few arrows with minor cupping and slight wear in the middle of the play field which seems pretty common.

Is this a good buy or should I keep looking?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I wouldn't pay over $500 but I am also a cheap bastard and would ask around that amount.

#3 9 years ago

We have sold a couple here in Central PA over the past 3 years in about the same condition. If I remember correctly the most we got was around $900 on one.

$950 is an OK price if you are planning on keeping it a while but if you decide to sell it you will be lucky to get $950 back out of it. So if you are interested in keeping it or don't mind selling it for a $50 to $100 less a year from now it isn't a bad buy as long as MPU is clean. Make sure there is no battery damage that is going to get you down the road!

It is hard to find a Firepower with a clean playfield - most were played to death and center of playfield above flippers is normally trashed on about 75% of them.

Great & very under rated game if you ask me. Multi ball is hard as hell to get!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

I wouldn't pay over $500 but I am also a cheap bastard and would ask around that amount.

I'm with this or cheaper. I too am a cheap bastard.

#5 9 years ago

Just paid $250 for one about 8 months ago.
Was non working, but playfield, Backglass and cabinet are all in great shape.
Probably spent about $100 getting it in collector quality.

#6 9 years ago

I would say $995 is a bit to steep for this one. I would go $600-$700 for it. But if a few hundred doesn't matter that much to you, what the heck. However, $1,200 should be able to land you a really nice one with no playing field wear.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just paid $250 for one about 8 months ago.
Was non working, but playfield, Backglass and cabinet are all in great shape.
Probably spent about $100 getting it in collector quality.

pics?

#8 9 years ago

There are some in the Firepower owners thread.
I am out of town on a cell.

#9 9 years ago

Yeah I think I'm going to keep looking. Thanks for all the help!

#10 9 years ago

For reference I just sold this one yesterday for $1200. Had a Rottendog MPU and a new CPR plastic set and was 100% working. I'd keep looking. If you're feeling froggy, tell him mis-aligned flippers is an automatic $300 deduction. Lol...

060.JPG060.JPG
052.JPG052.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-firepower-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.