sspf.jpg
20150423_202311.jpg
20150423_201720.jpg
20150423_202327.jpg
20150423_201644.jpg
20150423_201653.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hello,

Not having much experience with E.M Pinball I have by pure coincidence stumbled upon a very nice Gottlieb Jet Spin. The game has been stored in a warm and dry closet for years and years. Is owned by a neighbour to a friend of mine and is asking me what I would like to pay for it. He doesn´t have a clue, does not want top $ but is more keen to get rid of it soonest as his wife is putting pressure and wants it out of the house.

I could spot NO wear whatsoever on the playfield.. One slingshot plastic broken. Backglass in super condition. A few nicks and light wear on corners of cabinett and backbox.. The inside looks supernice. No rust or hints of corrosion anywhere. The coindoor shines and sparkels. New rubbers mandatory of course. All original schematics and manuals are there.

We did not fire it up but he told me it worked without problems 15 yearish ago when he put it away.

What in the World could this be worth ? I don´t want to rip him off but don´t want to overpay either.

Is it any fun and how is it rated among E.M games ?

Thanks for any input..
Matt in Sweden

20150423_202327.jpg20150423_202327.jpg
20150423_201653.jpg20150423_201653.jpg
20150423_201644.jpg20150423_201644.jpg
20150423_201720.jpg20150423_201720.jpg

20150423_202311.jpg20150423_202311.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I don;t know it myself, but I just saw a for sale thread with a 'Super Spin,' which seems to be the 2 player version of 'Jet Spin.' Don;t know if that helps but that's all i know.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-em-pins-for-sale

#3 8 years ago

Looks good.....
I have no idea what's it worth in Europe.....
Between 500 - 1000 euros?

#4 8 years ago

unless this is a really bad picture, i'd say your assessment of "no pf wear at all" is off...

sspf.jpgsspf.jpg

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

We did not fire it up but he told me it worked without problems 15 yearish ago when he put it away.

Serious question, why would you not try and turn it on?

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Serious question, why would you not try and turn it on?

Lack of time.. We pulled the game out from their closet in the kitchen (!). The backox was off , I had only time to shoot a few pics and then had to leave..

CCOTENJ.....
A Picture is always better than the Eye.. I looked for wear but there was no immediate playthroughs starring at me. Dirty, yes. If I´m so off in my assesment perhaps you could point out the immediate wear you immediatley spot....

Matt

#7 8 years ago

I own one - Bought it fully functional for 600€ about a year ago.
Good game - the vari target and roto target make it an interesting game. Some strategy required to get the extra ball (lit when bonus reaches 6k, 8k or 10k).

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Lack of time.. We pulled the game out from their closet in the kitchen (!). The backox was off , I had only time to shoot a few pics and then had to leave..
CCOTENJ.....
A Picture is always better than the Eye.. I looked for wear but there was no immediate playthroughs starring at me. Dirty, yes. If I´m so off in my assesment perhaps you could point out the immediate wear you immediatley spot....
Matt

as noted in my first post, it could be a bad picture...

but what jumped out at me in that pic is the blue area below the "2000" bonus insert, as well as the blue area (and a bit if the red) to the bottom of the right sling...

also, there appears to be a bit of wear around the "1000" and "2000" inserts...

again, could just be a bad pic...

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

as noted in my first post, it could be a bad picture...
but what jumped out at me in that pic is the blue area below the "2000" bonus insert, as well as the blue area (and a bit if the red) to the bottom of the right sling...
also, there appears to be a bit of wear around the "1000" and "2000" inserts...
again, could just be a bad pic...

Agreed. Based on the photo, it looks like the playfield has typical assorted small wear spots in numerous locations on the lower playfield including the outlanes.

My hipshot price estimate as a former Jet Spin owner: $800.

#10 8 years ago

it does appear to be nice and clean inside... although that is an "interesting" tilt bob setting...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Ok, I see what you guys mean... I would have noted that right away if it was wear... The glass was extremley dusty, dirty and had bits of styrofoam all over.

The owner called me today. He wants $180.

reg
Matt

#12 8 years ago

$180? Take it !!!

#13 8 years ago

Take it and run!

Back in January I picked up a working Jet Spin with flaking backglass, cupped inserts and worn playfield paint for $550 and I still think I got a good deal. Plastics are available from PBR. The backglass alone is probably worth $150. Jump on this deal!

#14 8 years ago

So, JetSpin is now picked up & collected. The seller asked if he could get $50 more, I said yes and total landed on $230.

I have taken a closer look.. Very very Dirty. No paint loss but what I assume light "planking"with black lines in places...

How does Gottlieb colours anno 77 cope with Magic Eraser ?

The right slingshot plastic is missing a corner.. Center right main plastic has one crack at the screw hole.. Cabinett has wear but will be repainted anyway. My first venture into E.M... Hopefully there are stencils available.

20150426_162426.jpg20150426_162426.jpg

reg
Matt in Sweden

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

The seller asked if he could get $50 more, I said yes and total landed on $230.

Nicely done. You got a hell of a deal. Take some of the money you saved and treat yourself to a new set of plastics!

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Jet_Spin.html

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Hopefully there are stencils available.

Congratulations!
No need to get a stencil kit, make one with tracing papers, friskets and masking tape....easy!

#17 8 years ago

Congrats! Magic Eraser does wonders, but it also takes off the topcoat finish. If you use it, consider clear coating afterwards.

4 months later
#18 8 years ago

From that photo the cab looks great I'd seriously think it through, sometimes a redo needs to be redone right? Plus nothing beats factory imo

Try elbow grease first with polish before resorting to magic eraser for those playfields.

#19 8 years ago

Congrats! That is a super fun EM! Great score!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-em-jet-spin-1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.