Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

441.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I don't have a good sense for what classic '80s games are really worth like I do with DMDs. What would you say a nice condition (not restored or anything) EBD is going for now? Regular cab, not the terrible LE one.

#2 9 years ago

$700-$1200

As always, condition is king.

#3 9 years ago

I just sold mine for 1500 shopped with rebuilt flips, new drops and wear around pops. Went in two days.

#4 9 years ago

There's one here on CL for $2100, that felt like too much, but I didn't have a sense for by how much.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's one here on CL for $2100, that felt like too much, but I didn't have a sense for by how much.

I have seen them go for that if they are fully restored or are in mint condition. It is one of the more desired of that era. Probably because of the old computer version of it.

Most of the ones out there are far from perfect. I am guessing it is the classic "I did a search on Ebay" and it is fairly worn and only worth half of what they are asking.

#6 9 years ago

Fully restored can be $4k+. Beater is probably at least $1k.

If the playfield isn't blown out, $1500-2000 is fair.

1 week later
#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I agree as I looked a while and paid just north of 4K but the machine is mint. I really couldn't find much that wasn't beat up below 2k

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from JeffTaylor:

$700-$1200
As always, condition is king.

ill take a 40 foot container of them at that price thanks..

2k usd at least ..

#9 9 years ago

Eh, you can locate one for 1200-1500 in the states. I could have bought two in the last month. Now who wants a very nice Centaur?

#10 9 years ago

I played an Eight Ball Deluxe for the very first time tonight at the Lake Alice Trading Company in Riverside, CA. Played about 5 credits. It was an interesting pin, but a pretty fast drainer. Average ball time was less than a minute. I definitely need practice. LOL.

441.JPG441.JPG
#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I played an Eight Ball Deluxe for the very first time tonight at the Lake Alice Trading Company in Riverside, CA. Played about 5 credits. It was an interesting pin, but a pretty fast drainer. Average ball time was less than a minute. I definitely need practice. LOL.

441.JPG 220 KB

I was lucky enough to play it when it first came out. Very fun and challenging game. Definitely needs a lot of nudging. The multiplier drop targets are dangerous because the ball usually goes right down the middle after that shot. Alot of people don't know this but EBD keeps a progression record of how many times Deluxe is achieved by lighting the DELUXE lamps behind the backglass lower left corner. If you are the lucky one to complete the progression, you are awarded 3 credits depending how the op sets up the awards.

#12 9 years ago

Fantastic game. I gets more play by me than any other classic Bally/Stern I own. I think 2K is a good deal for a nice one. I have turned down 5K for my mint restored one. They arent easy to find and playfields and plastics are pretty much non existent at this point. The original version looks better and is generally worth more. The 2nd and 3rd version play the same just dont look as attractive.

Mike

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

No way... To much, especially for a beater...

#14 9 years ago

I recently bought an LE with a decent PF for $700 (had a few board issues and one bad display, now fixed). Anyone who wants to give me $2K for it is welcome to stop by.....

#15 9 years ago

Fantastic game. $2k in good condition for sure. And well worth it.

#16 9 years ago

I would be interested in looking at a $2k EBD. Just where is Oyster Bay anyway.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from JeffTaylor:

I recently bought an LE with a decent PF for $700 (had a few board issues and one bad display, now fixed). Anyone who wants to give me $2K for it is welcome to stop by.....

The LE is IMHO going to fetch less. I don't know anyone who's a fan of that cabinet design.

#18 9 years ago

Oyster Bay, NY is on the North shore of Long Island.

I agree, the LE cabinet isn't as nice as the standard. Doesn't affect game play, of course.

#19 9 years ago

Yeah I'd like to pick up an EBD myself....classic.

#20 9 years ago

Waitaminute...I thought everybody WANTED LEs!!

Why the 8BD prejudice?

#21 9 years ago

Wish I had never sold mine.

Sold a mint one for $1600 a few years ago.

I had held onto it for 19 years, (16 of those years it sat folded up).

Would love to have it back.

#22 9 years ago

I grew up with one of these in my house (and Eight Ball), and I fully credit it as the reason I'm nuts for pinball.

I'd say average condition, average price ~ $1200-1500.

One day I'll get those games up north...it's a fun game.

#23 9 years ago

One for sale in Columbia, MO for $1,000. Says it works, but needs to be shipped out.

columbiamo.craigslist.org link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 199.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-eight-ball-deluxe-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.