Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DakotaMike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys, I've got a possible lead on an Earthshaker; it's on free-play in a furniture store of all places! Anyway, its very players condition. Side decals and head are pretty good, cabinet is a little rough in places but okay. The major concern is that the playfield has a lot of wear and planking. Without seeing any pictures, what do you guys think about an offer price? The owner is an old-school guy, has a not-updated Frontpage 98 website, and he sells and repairs pins for a living. Before I call to ask him about ES, I wanted to get an idea of an appropriate starting offer price.

What do you guys think? Thanks.

#3 4 years ago

Oh, I'm not dying for it or anything. I saw where it was located, and the condition it was in, and I thought I might be able to pick it up for cheap. I do like ES quite a bit, and since my budget it tight, the condition doesn't bother me too much. I know Pinside low for ES is like $2200, but given that the playfield is roached and its just sitting not being played in a furniture store, I thought I might be able to offer quite a bit less. That being said, local prices around me tend to be a little higher than pinside. Not a lot of stock for sale around here.

#5 4 years ago

Okay, thanks! Does anyone else have any thoughts on price? Still looking for a few more opinions.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

If the playfield is blown out, I wouldn't spend $1800... especially if you want to replace it. By the time you acquire another playfield, and take all the time to install it, you'll have more invested than you would have if you just bought a decent example in the first place.

Yeah, while I've seen a lot worse playfields out there, this ES does have quite a bit of wear and planking. I was thinking that considering the cost of a replacement playfield, and the time/money needed to install it, I'd probably wanna knock $1000 off the normal street price. That would put it in the range of $1200 to $1500. Seems reasonable to me, but I don't want to over/under pay the guy, so that's why I was looking for some expert advice.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

If he "sells and repairs pins for a living" you aren't going to underpay. Truthfully, unless he's got a "for sale" sign on it with a price, you probably aren't going to buy it at all-- or will only be able to pry it from him for an inflated price.

You could be right. But I figured it's worth asking. He does have his info on one of the apron cards, and it says pinball sales on it, so its possible. In my area, you've got to sometimes be creative to try and find pins. His website is pinballfixer.com and doesn't list any prices. So I've got no idea what he sells stuff for. I just want to make sure I've got some info in my pocket before I start talking to him.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

i sold a player's condition Whirlwind last year for $1800

That's a fair price for sure!

#12 4 years ago

No, I didn't think to take any at the time. We were looking at furniture and I saw the pin sitting against a wall. It was only after I got back to the car that my gears started turning.

But yeah, side decals are good. Front cab has some fading and repaired damage. Backglass and head looked good. Playfield had a lot wear and planking, but no massive patches missing paint. More like wear lines in high traffic areas, and general planking throughout. The machine was off, and when I asked an employee they said it had a stuck ball so they had switched it off. That's the best I can do for the description for now.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm just going off what they have been going for and he said cab wasn't bad but playfield is rough. Personally if the playfield is that bad I wldnt even get it unless it was 1250-1400 and even then it depends on lots of other things . Its crazy what people pay for stuff but they do and is y I listed the price where I did. Go look threw the archives and you will be surprised what this pin has been going for the past year or two for pretty rough examples. I remember few years ago you cld get a nice one for under 2k but of course everything has gotten expensive.

I appreciate your input, for sure, but that being said...you've got a high-end collection with lots of new and high-value pins, and you live in an area rich with pins coming and going. I'm just starting out with a 1-pin collection, looking to expand to 2, my budget is limited, and the number of pins listed at any one time within a 3-hour drive from me can be counted on 2 hands at most.

So ya know, a guy has to compromise! Thanks though, your advice is still food for thought.

1 week later
#19 4 years ago

Quick follow-up. Turns out the ES was owned by the furniture store, not the Pinball Fixer. I guess he just throws his business card into the apron of every pin he sells. He said he'd have been happy to sell it, if he actually owned it! When I contacted the furniture store about it, they never even got back to me. Boo. Oh well, I had to try!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-earthshaker-players-condition?tu=DakotaMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.